Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve ordered on lease on 31/03/22 and only had a text with RN and then a holding text on 22/04/22 saying “We are still in the process of calculating delivery timescales and assign vehicles to customers…”

I did call Tesla with my RN and they said they would be allocating vehicles from the first week of May. Time will tell how true this is.

Model Y roof rack is currently available in the Tesla online store for anyone who is hopeful for their summer holidays.

I just ordered along with a key fob and the £13 frunk mat 🤣
Just be aware that the key fob uses the same technology that car thieves use to steal cars using keyless entry and start - please make sure the key fob is kept as far from the car as possible and in an RF blocking case (Faraday pouch) when in the house. Or disable passive entry.

Apologies if you already know this, but if it prevents one car going walkies if someone who doesn’t know reads this, it’s worth posting.

Just be aware that the key fob uses the same technology that car thieves use to steal cars using keyless entry and start - please make sure the key fob is kept as far from the car as possible and in an RF blocking case (Faraday pouch) when in the house. Or disable passive entry.

Apologies if you already know this, but if it prevents one car going walkies if someone who doesn’t know reads this, it’s worth posting.

No it doesnt, not on the model 3 anyway

I'm sorry - I'm sure this must have been answered somewhere else but I can't find the answer for the life of me!

When the final collection text comes, how much notice do you get and can you easily change the day of collection (if on holiday or other commitments etc)?

Incorrect, all M3 and MY have Bluetooth and rfid locking only. There is no radio signal.

Very good advice. Thank you.

Reactions: Toblerone
I'm sorry - I'm sure this must have been answered somewhere else but I can't find the answer for the life of me!

When the final collection text comes, how much notice do you get and can you easily change the day of collection (if on holiday or other commitments etc)?
I am 100 % on this either. Of course, the procedure may not be consistent but rather be driven by the exigencies that the Tesla team are working to on any particular day.

Again, whilst I can't be 100%, I have heard that if you cannot accept the stipulated timing, the cars goes elsewhere and you go back in the queue.

Reactions: PeteMY
I am 100 % on this either. Of course, the procedure may not be consistent but rather be driven by the exigencies that the Tesla team are working to on any particular day.

Again, whilst I can't be 100%, I have heard that if you cannot accept the stipulated timing, the cars goes elsewhere and you go back in the queue.
PS Adam and Eve failed to read the Apple Ts& Cs thereby creating a tradition, perhaps we should break that mould and read what Tesla have to say on the subject..... just sayin'😊

When the final collection text comes, how much notice do you get

Probably "enough". If not leasing/etc. you have to arrange payment and so on. People with a bank-limit will have to make partial payments over several days ... that becomes more fraught if Tesla muck-up the Invoice (they did that for me several times in a row ... Trade In Included - Deposit not. Then Deposit included but not Trade In. And so on ...

I have heard that if you cannot accept the stipulated timing, the cars goes elsewhere and you go back in the queue.

I expect if it is early in the end-of-quarter-push you'll be fine. Postponing over end of Quarter probably not. So don't go on holiday at end of Quarter :)

Probably "enough". If not leasing/etc. you have to arrange payment and so on. People with a bank-limit will have to make partial payments over several days ... that becomes more fraught if Tesla muck-up the Invoice (they did that for me several times in a row ... Trade In Included - Deposit not. Then Deposit included but not Trade In. And so on ...

I expect if it is early in the end-of-quarter-push you'll be fine. Postponing over end of Quarter probably not. So don't go on holiday at end of Quarter :)
@WanabeOwner. : A trusted source of information on all things Tesla.👍

Thanks I wasn’t aware of this. Just trying to make the transition as easy as possible for Mrs T.
We’ve had 2 Audis stolen previously (key theft) so this is a concern. Will consider if we use it, or look at the pin/passive entry options.

Edit to say others say this isn’t an issue, so will do my own research!

Hello! First time posting but been watching for a while! Interested if anyone is in the same position as me. Ordered a model Y in white with 20inch wheels (in the hope of quicker delivery!) on 30th March, and since order (through lex) I’m still showing eta for delivery of 10th May…I was sent my RN number on 1st April but no communication since. Spoken to Lex and Tesla this week and informed nothing is confirmed but it should still be on track!? All feels very pie in the sky, but I can’t help but get my hopes up as I really need the car asap!