Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, long time lurker.. first time poster! Here to join the wait with you all. Ordered yesterday with delivery shown as August, just logged in and it now says 14th-30th June so fingers crossed I'm on the next ship whenever it should arrive/load/sail!

Still got the drama of getting the lease company to transfer my order over to them but looking forward to the nervous anticipation with you all in the meantime and checking the shipping thread daily, haha!
I am surprised they still think they can build and ship enough cars in the next week or so to satisfy new orders. Bodes well for those of us who ordered a month or more ago though.

Just got an RN number on the order I placed with Zen last week for their ‘May’ delivery batch.

Does anyone know if I can check EDD myself using this, or do I need to ask Zen?
You can call Tesla and quote your RN. I’m also with Zen and have spoken to them a few times but didn’t get much out of them. I didn’t even have an EDD on my ‘May’ order. I’d be interested to know how you get on if you do manage to speak to them.

You can call Tesla and quote your RN. I’m also with Zen and have spoken to them a few times but didn’t get much out of them. I didn’t even have an EDD on my ‘May’ order. I’d be interested to know how you get on if you do manage to speak to them.
Thanks. I’ll give them a call tomorrow, assume it’s the 016… number posted above?

Weird how I got the RN number after sending a mail yesterday asking about the cancellation period (I was, and still am, temped by an Ioniq 5)

Same! I still think my heart wants the I5. The family, and especially the kids, want the MY - so here we are :)
I love the styling of the I5. I think a lot of people have had to make the switch. Hyundai must be losing a lot of orders from people who would be new to the brand because they can’t deliver cars - the AWD in particular.

I’ve just stopped watching the I5 vs MY reviews that favour the Hyundai and started watching the ones that favour the Tesla. I think I’m now sold ;)

I considered an IONIQ 5 before ordering the MY, i changed my mind due to the absolute rubbish dealers. No calls returned, promises of a test drive un-fulfilled and one dealer had an AWD in stock and said if i was interested they could give me a part-ex price for the M3, i said i was interested and that was the last i heard from them. This made me realise that one of the reasons i chose Tesla in the first place was to get away from the 'Stealers' and their complete lack of understanding of 'customer service'

Folks, I have a poverty spec RN confirmed 7th March. Was advised May then July and in the last few minutes got the below from my Lease Co.

Perhaps there is nothing to worry about and this could be just a generic text or it could also mean that I have been kicked me down the line even further.

Fingers crossed and hoping for the best!

We just wanted to let you know that we're still working on your order here at xxxxx . We'll be in touch with more information as soon as possible, but in the meantime if you have any questions, feel free to get in touch. Thanks
Unquote

Same! I still think my heart wants the I5. The family, and especially the kids, want the MY - so here we are :)
Loved the Ioniq 5 after test drive. MY is definitely more practical in terms of space and storage for a family as well as more fun to drive in my opinion (drove sister in laws MY). Kia EV6 is great too as a half way house between the 2. Seems a long wait for a good spec I5 or EV6. If no kids I would probably have gone I5. MY in order for lease with Zen for June delivery….again who knows really. Got my RN beginning of last week.

I love the styling of the I5. I think a lot of people have had to make the switch. Hyundai must be losing a lot of orders from people who would be new to the brand because they can’t deliver cars - the AWD in particular.

I’ve just stopped watching the I5 vs MY reviews that favour the Hyundai and started watching the ones that favour the Tesla. I think I’m now sold ;)
I watched early reviews with a LHD car and was taken with the panoramic fixed glass roof. I arranged to visit a dealer at which time I discovered that the glass roof would not be installed on RHD cars. My level of interest in the i5 dropped like the mercury in a thermometer that is plunged into very cold water...
......or a stone... or any very heavy thing. As Miss Tate's Gran would say "What a F@$8ing liberty Hyundai" *

* Of course, following my feedback via the dealer, they may have relented.

I watched early reviews with a LHD car and was taken with the panoramic fixed glass roof. I arranged to visit a dealer at which time I discovered that the glass roof would not be installed on RHD cars. My level of interest in the i5 dropped like the mercury in a thermometer that is plunged into very cold water...
......or a stone... or any very heavy thing. As Miss Tate's Gran would say "What a F@$8ing liberty Hyundai" *

P.S. Even with the glass roof on an i5, I would still go for the Y. My decision to buy a Tesla, one day, was made in September 2015.

Ha yes, strange that wasn’t available in the uk. They also stopped making cars with out the pop out handles and dropped the Highway assist from 2 to 1 when they ran out of sensors. Despite having a car on order I wasn’t told any of this.

Tesla would never change the spec without telling us 🤔😂

Tesla would never change the spec without telling us 🤔😂
Unless it was an unquestionable improvement; I mean, nobody wanted the mobile connector...did they:rolleyes:. So pleased mine was ordered before this thoughtful mod was introduced🤣.

Ooops! Deviating from the thread subject again. So, back on point; I am pleased to report that my EDD has not changed during the last ten minutes.

Reactions: Toblerone
I was quite taken by the I5 at launch, but decided it all looked a bit too plasticky and not a fan of the interior. I might have gone with an EV6 but in the end the larger boot and frunk makes the MY a better fit for us (plus I have also wanted a Tesla for about 5 years too).

My EDD remains 12-30th June.

Last edited:
Sold my awd I5 and have model Y on order. Edd is june 02-30! Ordered start of march.
Sold ioniq as could only do 180 miles in winter. That’s with no heating or accessories on and driving at 60 max. Mine had a heat pump too…

Fingers crossed model y can do 210 in the winter so i can avoid charging on my regular trips.

So, long time lurker.. first time poster! Here to join the wait with you all. Ordered yesterday with delivery shown as August, just logged in and it now says 14th-30th June so fingers crossed I'm on the next ship whenever it should arrive/load/sail!

Still got the drama of getting the lease company to transfer my order over to them but looking forward to the nervous anticipation with you all in the meantime and checking the shipping thread daily, haha!
Come on, you need to provide order spec!