Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More likely a rare build that tesla had scheduled a few of to be built but not enough people have ordered.
I am guessing white on white with 19s falls into that category
I could be wrong but hands up anyone else ordered that combo?
Thats my config too. White/White/19 - Well it was the wife's choice as it will be her car and that is what she wanted.

Ordered 14/03 - EDD = 9-30 June (Originally it was May-June). Trafford pickup.

Had a model Y performance on order since early April, having driven the model Y LR on 20" I decided to swap to the LR in Red.

As much as I would like the performance it's not worth the extra for what you get, I won't be driving at 155mph and also know my wife will destroy the 21" rims judging by YouTube videos.

Given its a shared car to try out electric she's not bothered about the performance bits.

September delivery , done all the credit checks and trade ins. Will get the speed boost bringing the 0-60 down to 4.2 which is rapid
Congrats. My thinking is along the same lines. LR is more than quick enough and slight range increase is likely to be more useful in general use.
Can always upgrade to a MYP in future if you want and you get to drive the LR until that time.

Reactions: Sw1000
Is the acceleration boost definitely available for the Y long range? Is there a price yet?
Defintiely - just checked the app and it's £1500.
I think you have to be the primary account holder (ie not on lease) to be able to order it though.

I think the geenral opinion is LR with AB isn't much different to the P, and having had the MY for a while and 3k miles, it's not really a car for chucking round corners fast so not sure what attraction the P would be other than for the badge

I think you have to be the primary account holder (ie not on lease) to be able to order it though.

I think the geenral opinion is LR with AB isn't much different to the P, and having had the MY for a while and 3k miles, it's not really a car for chucking round corners fast so not sure what attraction the P would be other than for the badge
I spoke to ALD and they told me that with them I would be able to purchase any of the add ons using the app. They would have to be removed so the car is as delivered when I hand it back.

£1500.00 for 4 years is £1.00 a day…. I’ll be doing fairly early in the owner process…

Will definitely be adding that for £1500.

Canned our Skoda Enyaq EV order we have been messed around on for 7 months...dealership was appalling , in contrast I like the streamlined process from Tesla. This is how modern day purchases should be, the old school dealerships days are numbered IMO apart from test-drive and service

Fair enough.
I did not realise there were so many hair dressers driving Teslas
😁
Finger floats menacingly over "suspend user"... then I realised it was close to the truth and Musk is all for free speach after all!

Would you need to notify insurance of the speed boost
Its a performance mod. If you had an ICE remapped to give more power, you'd need to tell them, and both are effectively just changes to software

Reactions: Wattsisname
EDD rollercoaster!
Before placing the order the website said EDD September. OK.
Soon after placing the order the EDD was 19th to 30th June. Great!
Last week it went to July/August. Gutted!
Then I received a text to say it will be September. More gutted!
Today I finally got round to completing registration docs and the EDD has come back to 25th to 30th June. Great!
Fingers crossed it stays there.

This seems to be positive for those of us waiting for delivery in the coming months. But you have to feel for the workers stuck in the closed-loop set-up.
I wonder what the production quality is like at the moment? Might be relatively high since the guys working there have little else to do but eat, sleep and make cars. Or it might be low because they are rushing to meet a quota in difficult and demoralising conditions.

Reactions: MistaB
Hello , I have a red / black / geminis MY which I collected 2nd March. On collection day there were a couple of things I wasn’t happy with. Scratch in bonnet being the main thing. I’ve just come back from Tesla Winchester service. Everything done brilliantly. The Tesla wheel cap kit which is always out of stock , I ordered through the service centre. They removed the trims and fitted, just charged the 43 quid. If anyone wants a pic I will reply tomorrow. Best of luck to those waiting. I lucking fove the car.