Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Crap, just checked the app and my delivery estimate has been pushed back by 3 months to Aug-Sep.

I ordered MY, Long Range, Gray, Induction wheels and white interior

View attachment 800402
Hi, long time watcher, first time poster here.
Just created an account to confirm this. I have the exact same specs car, ordered Mid March. EDD has always been June and was changed to this today. Potential dealbreaker for me if its confirmed that I won't have the car for the summer. Hopefully it's a mistake and the rollercoaster car move it back to June... waiting to hear from TA, but confidence's a bit shaken now..

Reactions: Toblerone
Just created an account to confirm this. I have the exact same specs car, ordered Mid March. EDD has always been June and was changed to this today. Potential dealbreaker for me if its confirmed that I won't have the car for the summer. Hopefully it's a mistake and the rollercoaster car move it back to June... waiting to hear from TA, but confidence's a bit shaken now..
I called them and they didn't have any useful information - apart from saying that until you get VIN, these dates are just estimates and mean absolutely nothing.

Can’t believe I’m still showing an EDD of 10th of May! Going to be interesting to see if/how the date changes next week when I don’t get the car! Both Lex and Tesla still saying as I’ve not had a delay I should still be close to that date for delivery!! Very confusing when I know full well there’s no chance of getting the car next week…or even in May at all!

Reactions: Bristolnate
Can’t believe I’m still showing an EDD of 10th of May! Going to be interesting to see if/how the date changes next week when I don’t get the car! Both Lex and Tesla still saying as I’ve not had a delay I should still be close to that date for delivery!! Very confusing when I know full well there’s no chance of getting the car next week…or even in May at all!
Zen are still telling me May… either they haven’t been told otherwise still or they just have no idea!

I think that we may have underestimated the impact of the Covid lock down and overestimated the productivity expectations of those Shanghai workers who are separated from their loved ones and sleeping on a factory floor.
Also, with the runnaway success of Tesla now beyond doubt, and Elon's ( I baulk at saying distraction ) involvement in Twitter, the quarter end syndrome does not have the same imperative as was once the case.

Consequently, we need to manage our expectations and, if we must, indulge in self flagellation for not getting off the pot and ordering earlier.

Now, how can I practice what I preach....
....MrM!

I called them and they didn't have any useful information - apart from saying that until you get VIN, these dates are just estimates and mean absolutely nothing.
Yet I guess we both received the same text last week confirming once again that the EDD was June and to reply if we were not going to be ready to accept delivery. Sad to see such a turn of events at the last minute. I sincerely hope that this can change again back to June, otherwise I am going to be really disappointed and will have to make other arrangements

I know at this point I am just hurting myself more but is the isNotMatchedToRa00Vin in the source still a good indicator ? Mine was showing false a few days ago so I was hopeful, until obviously this announced pushback to Q3...
I am still hopeful that it can be corrected, but logistically what does it mean? Custom car was built but not planning to be onboard the ship next week? (lack of space?). Or was bumped and potential VIN was reallocated to someone else?

I know at this point I am just hurting myself more but is the isNotMatchedToRa00Vin in the source still a good indicator ? Mine was showing false a few days ago so I was hopeful, until obviously this announced pushback to Q3...
I am still hopeful that it can be corrected, but logistically what does it mean? Custom car was built but not planning to be onboard the ship next week? (lack of space?). Or was bumped and potential VIN was reallocated to someone else?
Good questions.
Curious is your ‘isNotMatchedToRa00Vin’ still false since the change in EDD?

So people seem convinced that options mean you get the car sooner (with good cause to believe this I’m sure). If we extend the reasoning do you think they software options pull you even further forwards? They drive profit at essentially zero incremental cost. So FSD right to the front, then EAP then basic?

Good questions.
Curious is your ‘isNotMatchedToRa00Vin’ still false since the change in EDD?
I was delaying the page refresh to keep a tab where it was still showing June 😁
Just checked on a new one with the EDD change, but no, still showing isNotMatchedToRa00Vin:false ... puzzled...
I also had EAP ordered, so definitely not prioritising the queue I guess...

So people seem convinced that options mean you get the car sooner (with good cause to believe this I’m sure). If we extend the reasoning do you think they software options pull you even further forwards? They drive profit at essentially zero incremental cost. So FSD right to the front, then EAP then basic?
All I know is my order with colour, wheels & EAP is holding. The conclusion of this is left as an exercise to the reader. 🤣

Quick question, as I’m trading in my existing car, would Tesla just use the money from trade in vehicle as the down payment I need to make? Trading in a Model 3 which has around 10 k outstanding in finance
Yes can confirm, as I am doing the same as you. They use the trade in value to put against the downpayment. Then anything left over that (assuming this is the case for you), they pay back to you after completing delivery 👍