Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With limited cars coming across Tesla can’t afford to have a large number of rejects so I don’t think they would be trying to compromise on quality. The bottleneck is part supply not so much time.
Reasonable point and probably best directed to @Andy718 :)
Cos I don't think about that stuff
It don't matter now
Just wanna get the car:)

Reactions: delta0
With limited cars coming across Tesla can’t afford to have a large number of rejects so I don’t think they would be trying to compromise on quality. The bottleneck is part supply not so much time.
I don’t think Tesla have ever tried to compromise on quality. They’re natural at it. My 85 year old dad came with me on a test drive. Listening to rattles and squeaks and experiencing the ride quality he likened the Tesla to an Austin Allegro he had in the early 80s 😂

• Funny
Reactions: quadsk8 and delta0
I have lost the guaranteed trade in

In the past renewing it (after expiry) typically has retained the original offer ... no guarantee that will be the case this time of course ... but it would mean you having to sit it out and wait-and-see :(

I'm seriously considering cancelling the order

Not sure if that helps. Is anything else on your "desirable list" readily available? Other manufacturers will likely also be impacted by supply-chain from China,

If I were them I would give a call to most customers who had a Q2/end of June EDD and see who's not ready to take delivery, so they can better allocate and satisfy customers who are, based on the reduced shipment volume

They already have systems in place for that - they offer you a collection date, you can't make it [or don't want to] so you get bumped and the car is offered to other people in the queue. I don't think they need to do anything other than what they normally would. It would give them a head's-up as to who was "firm" on their order, but I don't think they would care.

If there are no orders (for that colour / trim combination) they put the car into inventory and it seems that those (i.e. at end of quarter) get snapped up very quickly indeed - people compromising on colour / trim to get a car sooner, or just a brand new walk in customer who discovers they can have the car "tomorrow".

With all the order pushbacks I doubt Tesla is ;t going to have any trouble shifting inventory this quarter :)

Anyone else still waiting for an EDD after it disappeared for them? Mines been displaying no EDD since Sunday (Original order date October 15)
I suspect you haven’t got a car allocated on the next shipment so have been reverted back to your original delivery date. Given that’s in the past (March?) it’s likely caused a hiccup and the app doesn’t know what to display. My guess is it should be Q3.

(I’ve assume a few things from digging around the account page source code, you should see the default message “we will reach out to you to schedule…” via the web site, but assume you’re using the mobile app)

I suspect you haven’t got a car allocated on the next shipment so have been reverted back to your original delivery date. Given that’s in the past (March?) it’s likely caused a hiccup and the app doesn’t know what to display. My guess is it should be Q3.

(I’ve assume a few things from digging around the account page source code, you should see the default message “we will reach out to you to schedule…” via the web site, but assume you’re using the mobile app)
Yup that’s the message I’ve received, I don’t think I’ll be able to wait till Q3 so may have to cancel the car sadly and maybe try my luck to pick up a used/ex demo

One thing to add is that once I rejected March delivery I was told by them to expect a car in May/June

Yup that’s the message I’ve received, I don’t think I’ll be able to wait till Q3 so may have to cancel the car sadly and maybe try my luck to pick up a used/ex demo

One thing to add is that once I rejected March delivery I was told by them to expect a car in May/June
When did you reject it? I presume you go to the back of the list at that point, and then based on spec you’ll run the lottery of getting allocated something on the planned inventory. I suppose there is also a chance you get put at a lower priority given you may reject again, who knows?

Inventory seems like a good option but no point giving up your current reservation until you get one. It’s also worth noting most other cars are 12 month waits, I couldn’t even reserve some popular EVs when playing around with the configuraters… good luck.

Reactions: Wattsisname
They did not anticipate a shutdown jut around the corner.
That’s also true, unfortunately I didn’t also which also, such a lovely car but I will just really need a new car especially during the summer (have a few road trips ahead) it’s a blow for me (no fault of teslas they can’t help what’s happened) but maybe I’ll look for a decent used model x if I can find one for my budget

That’s also true, unfortunately I didn’t also which also, such a lovely car but I will just really need a new car especially during the summer (have a few road trips ahead) it’s a blow for me (no fault of teslas they can’t help what’s happened) but maybe I’ll look for a decent used model x if I can find one for my budget
I sold my 3 for a June delivery..which might not happen and my other car is BMW i3 with 60ah battery - so very limited range.. But life happens, glad we're OK and not locked up like in Shanghai.

Come back and tell us what you did.

Hi all, finally completed my order through my works scheme last Friday, on Monday I was sent an email to create an account, Tuesday I received a text message with my RN number. How long will it be before I get another notification giving me an estimated delivery time?

I ordered MYLR Black / Black / 20” wheels 😀

Thanks

Just called Tesla for more info on my order (Model Y LR - Feb Order), and they said the delivery date is 'unavailable' on my account. Lex have told me 30th June though. Tesla said June delivery is looking good based on Shanghai updates, but to just keep calling them every week for accurate details...

As of today my MYLR order (current EDD 24 - 30 June) has now moved to "Please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery". Take this as a good sign?

Also, I'd appreciate thoughts from the forum on when to look to make final payment (e.g. ASAP to ensure delivery date is locked in or wait until delivery date is locked in before making final payment).

I ordered MYLR Black / Black / 19” wheels