Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still clinging to June 24 -30, surely this will get bumped if a shipment doesn't leave Shanghai soon...
I wonder if they are bumping people because the allocation is dropping or because there is no ship and they are doing it in batches to avoid lots of angry calls from customers?

Hopefully for those bumped it’s just a “not Q2” message and it’s come forward once there’s enough inventory for a U.K. ship in early Q3 🤞

I was bumped from May/June to August/September last week.

This week I was pulled back to July. Two possible reasons:
1. They heard about my breakdown🙃
2. Rather than have me disappointed by a move to July, they bumped to end of Q3, left me to thrash about in misery for a few days🤯
then pulled me back to July.
Result : Now July does not seem so bad😀

Reactions: robmcm
I was bumped from May/June to August/September last week.

This week I was pulled back to July. Two possible reasons:
1. They heard about my breakdown🙃
2. Rather than have me disappointed by a move to July, they bumped to end of Q3, left me to thrash about in misery for a few days🤯
then pulled me back to July.
Result : Now July does not seem so bad😀
You were pulled back to July? TAKE ME WITH YOU!

#illbegonetillseptember

I don’t think Tesla have ever tried to compromise on quality. They’re natural at it. My 85 year old dad came with me on a test drive. Listening to rattles and squeaks and experiencing the ride quality he likened the Tesla to an Austin Allegro he had in the early 80s 😂

Well you'll all be pleased to hear that our MY doesn't have any squeaks or rattles and it drives nothing like an Austin Allegro. More like a golf GTI !
(The acceleration is definitely a tad better than the Allegro!). :)

• Funny
Reactions: Lee Davis
As a bit of light relief from moving EDD’s, when you do get your lovely MY what are you going to name it?
Naming mine: EDD

1652985694088.jpeg

Last edited:
As of today my MYLR order (current EDD 24 - 30 June) has now moved to "Please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery". Take this as a good sign?

Also, I'd appreciate thoughts from the forum on when to look to make final payment (e.g. ASAP to ensure delivery date is locked in or wait until delivery date is locked in before making final payment).

I ordered MYLR Black / Black / 19” wheels

I just did like they asked; Made sure payment was showing on my account (their system) as "paid in full" 7 days before. Once you've got a confirmed pick up/delivery date, you can work backwards from there. You should get a confirmed delivery date, then a VIN and Registration number (Think it was in that order). Just checked my old texts and I got the VIN and REG number about 2 weeks before picking it up. Don't worry, they'll let you know when you have the final invoice and its time to pay (It'll show in your account and if I remember correctly, you'll get a text or email as well saying you have "Tasks to do" !

I was going to pay in full in one payment, but when I called my bank to do it, there was a "mismatch" with the company name, so I held off (This is very common apparently with Tesla, and a bit unnerving if your are transferring £60k in one go 🥵 )

So instead, I sent them the "small change" (to round it to a whole number) of £180ish online myself and once it showed on my Tesla account (a day later) I made 4 payments of $15k, one a day, as that was my banks limit for FPS transfers online. Depends on your banks limit, it may be 10k, it may be 20k or something else.

It wasn't for any specific reason that I did this, only, that once the payment instruction was setup online and I knew the small change actually got to Tesla, it seemed quicker than waiting in a queue on the phone listening to "Greensleves" for 10 minutes, then having to read out all the details to them.

Tesla didn't ask for "proof of payment" at delivery time, or insurance, or the letter giving me authorisation to pick it up for my wife !
I guess it was all on their system. I think I just showed my driving licence. I wouldn't try to pay at the very last second, as some like to, why make your life more complicated? You'll only lose couple of pence in interest anyway. Hardly worth it.

Good luck, I hope your date holds firm.