Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As of today my MYLR order (current EDD 24 - 30 June) has now moved to "Please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery". Take this as a good sign?

Also, I'd appreciate thoughts from the forum on when to look to make final payment (e.g. ASAP to ensure delivery date is locked in or wait until delivery date is locked in before making final payment).

I ordered MYLR Black / Black / 19” wheels
That sounds like an extremely good sign. I plan to pay the moment I have that in my account. My EDD is still August 5 - September 14 after losing a June estimate from my account. Secure the position.

As of today my MYLR order (current EDD 24 - 30 June) has now moved to "Please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery". Take this as a good sign?

Also, I'd appreciate thoughts from the forum on when to look to make final payment (e.g. ASAP to ensure delivery date is locked in or wait until delivery date is locked in before making final payment).

As far as I understand it, "Please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery" doesnt mean anything. It means as much as the EDD. My mates order has had that for a while, even with the EDD moving.

Is anyone else here waiting for an order via Arval UK?

I ordered a Model Y: white with black interior, 19" wheels with order confirmed by a text from Tesla on March 21, with a follow-up text on April 4 to say it is targetted for June/July delivery. Being a company lease vehicle, I cannot see any EDD nor search for a VIN allocation: which at least saves me from checking it multiple times per day!

Congrats, when did you order?

Probably , you should pay asap . Call them up anyway

• Disagree
Reactions: Toblerone

This happened to me last week and I was on June 24-30th, I paid them 18k. The car EDD then jumped to Sep, Tesla stated it shouldn't have happened and are now refunding me. Taking 10-14 days to get the money back in my account.

Do you have a VIN yet?

The Tesla Supervisor I spoke to was amazed I had been given the bank details for the transfer given no Tesla or VIN had been allocated to me. If you are okay with the money being out of your account and the Edd moving then you can pay but given they shifted mine I wasn't comfortable especially as the finance offer may expire

That’s promising news (for all of us on End of June estimates). Are you on finance or cash?

From what I have heard for cash you can pay the day before as long as you have proof of the transfer, but most people seem to do it in a few instalments a few days before (avoids the £32 CHAPS fee).

I went in for a test drive with the wife today and the rather clueless sales person said we should pay a few weeks before… but also said we wouldn’t get a VIN until it was a the collection location.

I have the same message on my account since being moved from June to September, and now to a July placeholder. I don’t believe it means anything. Don’t pay unless you don’t mind being a few £k lighter in the bank without paying interest.
I know I’ll pay only when I’ll have a vin assigned

Mine MYLR White Black ordered in March 2022 moved to Sept (No date , but just month). The last EDD as 19-24 June
What wheels? I’m on 19’s ordered after you but still have June dates. When did you fill in all your details and I don’t think they add you to the queue till all that is entered (I’ve heard some people waiting months without realising they needed to fill in payment, delivery etc).

I have the same message on my account since being moved from June to September, and now to a July placeholder. I don’t believe it means anything. Don’t pay unless you don’t mind being a few £k lighter in the bank without paying interest.
I know I’ll pay only when I’ll have a vin assigned
Do you have a final invoice available in your account? I have neither an invoice nor any message that it is time to pay. My next steps section says, "We are drafting up your invoice and will contact you to arrange your final payment."

Do you have a final invoice available in your account? I have neither an invoice nor any message that it is time to pay. My next steps section says, "We are drafting up your invoice and will contact you to arrange your final payment."
No final invoice. Just the booking one and order agreement

1652967407165.png

No final invoice. Just the booking one and order agreement

View attachment 806089

Thanks, same here - I called Tesla anyway and they've confirmed that making payment now won't really make any different to the delivery date / allocation. They said you have 7 days to finalise payment prior to delivery - given EDD isn't until end of June no reason to part with £20k just yet.

This happened to me last week and I was on June 24-30th, I paid them 18k. The car EDD then jumped to Sep, Tesla stated it shouldn't have happened and are now refunding me. Taking 10-14 days to get the money back in my account.

Do you have a VIN yet?

The Tesla Supervisor I spoke to was amazed I had been given the bank details for the transfer given no Tesla or VIN had been allocated to me. If you are okay with the money being out of your account and the Edd moving then you can pay but given they shifted mine I wasn't comfortable especially as the finance offer may expire
No VIN assigned yet - so sorry to hear about your story! Glad that the supervisor was helpful, but agree I'd prefer not to part with the ££ just yet given Tesla's moving EDD game...

Sorry, I misunderstood. I made a bad assumption that a final invoice was in your accounts with Tesla bank account payment details. I will keep my fingers and everything else crossed for you that the EDD dates you have end up being correct. But I wouldn't pay either until a final invoice appears.

As far as I understand it, "Please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery" doesnt mean anything. It means as much as the EDD. My mates order has had that for a while, even with the EDD moving.
I have had that message on my account since my Tesla PCP approved was.
As I understand it, there is time for a quick transfer when we have our collection date.
For those paying 100% cash, it might be an idea to forewarn your bank nearer the time that you are making the transfer from online banking in case it is screened as suspicious and stopped.

I paid for my last two cars with my debit card but Tesla want a "wire" transfer with proof of payment at the collection point.

Reactions: Darreno