Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is a bit strange/potentially-very-lucky:

I ordered MYLR white/black/Gemini/basicAP 5th May and had RN number almost straight away (EDD July). One I assume was pre-ordered by my leasing agent (Vanarama via Lex) - surely that can only be the case as...

Just had an update from Tesla on the phone that my car is in transit (VIN allocated) and expected into the country late June.

I found that hard to believe given only very recently ordered, so I double checked with leasing agent and they also had the same update from Tesla this morning.

I still don't believe it's in transit but I think Tesla may be aggressively predicting deliveries either because they are crossing fingers on the production ramp up in GFShanghai or making up porky pies due to so many people nagging them for news.

I was only checking as I have some maintenance due on current car and wanted to see how likely it was it needed to be done before selling it.

I'll probably end up being one of these re-allocated VIN stories but thought I'd share my experience so far.
Happy for you, but frustrating to think of the numbers of orders you have cut in front of (not your fault obviously). I understand that we will never understand exactly how Tesla does things but a May order being delivered ahead of Feb and March for the same spec just shouldn't happen.

How do you do Live Chat? I can't see an option anywhere...
Open up your own account page and click on this link.;)

Call Emma.jpg

Reactions: Andy_RS2113
Happy for you, but frustrating to think of the numbers of orders you have cut in front of (not your fault obviously). I understand that we will never understand exactly how Tesla does things but a May order being delivered ahead of Feb and March for the same spec just shouldn't happen.
Yeah if this does pan out, I suspect its luck to tag onto a pre-existing order kept open by the leasing agent. Maybe someone pulled out of the order just before me etc. I'll be sure to update when/if I get more concrete news...

Exactly the same spec ordered via lease on April 7th... and I've not had anything...

Did you call Tesla - or did they call you??
Few days after lease order I chased Vanarama for RN number and got it. I was checking no admin delays basically.

I then called Tesla with that RN and it turned out to be under a dealer at Autorama. So it's internally linked to my account at Vanarama. They said I needed to check with Vanarama for updates.

Called Vanarama and Tesla this morning for an EDD update and Tesla said it's in transit and they were fine to give me general updates even though it's under Autorama. I called Vanarama to double check the RN is still allocated to me.

Same with the red, havent heard of any matchings for a June delivery.
The red the red the damn red! It's the flagship Tesla colour for goodness sake....come on!
Ordered 2 March.

"Mr Charger" isinstalling my Tesla Gen 3 Wall Point as I write. Doing a very nice job too!
Of course it may be superseded by the time the cars arrived.
SWMBO knows that theY is a bucket list acquisition and wonders if I will get to kick the tyres before I get to kick the bucket! 😟

• Funny
Reactions: busterboy
Crazy how Tesla prioritises orders (especially new orders over old ones) who else is enjoying this roller coaster? :p
Me too, just read up above about @orangespoon ordering 5th May and getting EDD in June. I ordered same spec, also via Lex, on 31st March and don’t even have an EDD yet, all I keep getting told is TBC and no updates 🤷‍♂️ No rhyme or reason it seems, so just have to sit and wait.

Me too, just read up above about @orangespoon ordering 5th May and getting EDD in June. I ordered same spec, also via Lex, on 31st March and don’t even have an EDD yet, all I keep getting told is TBC and no updates 🤷‍♂️ No rhyme or reason it seems, so just have to sit and wait.
yeah I got an EDD of July when first ordered and knew that was unrealistic given all the supply chain issues. I suspect I have lucked out and been assigned a long standing order held by the lease company, so definitely not a typical scenario. Wouldn't be surprised if its a mix-up at Tesla end though 🤞

Reactions: Markee68
Indeed - my colleague ordered the same spec in Feb and still doesn't have a VIN etc. Really pleased for everyone who has got a confirmed vehicle but luck really shouldn't come into the purchase of a £55k+ vehicle :p

Reactions: orangespoon
Maybe it's a Lex thing - I just got on the chatroom with Emma (she's popular isn't she!) who said that they're waiting for additional information to make sure everything is okay there with paperwork before they proceed.. My broker said that no-one is waiting on anything (other than me on the car).. Least I have an official RN number now though lol.