Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Vanarama just rang, said my order has been pushed back from July to August citing shipping delays. White/black, 19" order confirmed 25/03
But HOW considering others with the same spec have been allocated.

I'm chasing Octopus - nothing back yet, but Emma said in the chat yesterday that I haven't been allocated (along with the usual script for Shanghai difficulties). I'd ask again in the chat but now I'm just feeling needy!!

I'm chasing Octopus - nothing back yet, but Emma said in the chat yesterday that I haven't been allocated (along with the usual script for Shanghai difficulties). I'd ask again in the chat but now I'm just feeling needy!!
The allocations don’t make sense. Must be pot luck. Hopefully my 27th feb order gets allocated a VIN soon. Just got a placeholder date of May stuck on my order.

I have an MSM/Black/19" ordered 5th of March. No VIN 😥
but more than that I also had a trade in price expire on the 21st of May. Sent new mileage numbers and have heard nothing. I have heard that Tesla are only handing out quotes now if your delivery is expected within 60 days. Makes sense. I have a June 18th to 30th EDD so why have I not had an updated number? Its almost like the EDD means nothing.......
EDD moved to July so I guess that answers that then. I guess I should have sprung for the 20" wheels

Snap!!! Just need my ref now so I can sort insurance through work, our current policy won’t even add the car without a VRN!
just done insurance search - it moves up £200 compared to the quote i did in May........

and received a message from Tesla for 07479 number (on my model 3 last year was from 01733 number) says the vehicle is on the way etc and asking for watching online video for Y, but no VIN with the message. seems Tesla updates with the broker first and only message VIN/Reg when 3/4 weeks before delivery.

Tesla Update - Your vehicle is on the way. Your arrival date is being calculated and you will be notified via SMS when your vehicle is scheduled for delivery. For now, please familiarise yourself with the features of your Model Y by watching our introduction videos via your Tesla app. Your order reference is RNxxxxxxxxxxxx To unsubscribe from SMS, reply STOP.

Wahooo

Tesla Update - Your vehicle is on the way. Your arrival date is being calculated and you will be notified via SMS when your vehicle is scheduled for delivery. For now, please familiarise yourself with the features of your Model Y by watching our introduction videos via your Tesla app. Your order reference is RNxxxxxxxxxxxx To unsubscribe from SMS, reply STOP.

Wahooo
Just got the same SMS this afternoon as well - the Tesla gods must be smiling down upon thee

Could this mean that orders with the additional revenue of EAP are held back?!
It's software! Leave it off and deliver the car I'll pay for it!😡
I assuming this is the case as I ordered mine at the beginning of March and despite lots of May / June EDD back and forth, it’s recently moved to 5/8-14/9. Tesla either don’t respond to contact or tell me anything that vaguely resembles an explanation.

I’ve just spoken to Tesla UK and they said f all other than Covid impacting production and supply chains etc. He’s hoping they will ramp up production and get cars to customers asap without too many problems or much damage!
Interestingly, he said he was only aware of a few customers being allocated VINs recently and suggested forums have lots of trolls (I didn’t mention people on forums but friends and colleagues being allocated VINs, which is true)!
He’s hoping I’ll be allocated a VIN in the coming days and weeks and the delivery will be from June to September. I did query that I’d only get allocated a VIN once a car is allocated and heading to the UK, so how would it be September!
I give up with them - their order process, allocation model and pre-sales service is 💩!

Reactions: WhiteHartMart

I'm chasing Octopus - nothing back yet, but Emma said in the chat yesterday that I haven't been allocated (along with the usual script for Shanghai difficulties). I'd ask again in the chat but now I'm just feeling needy!
Vanarama just rang, said my order has been pushed back from July to August citing shipping delays. White/black, 19" order confirmed 25/03
I also had a call to advise it’s now August. Something does not sit right, regardless good to see folks getting their cars beginning of Summer holidays.

Had an update from Tesla via Lex today saying:

“Due to the ongoing lockdowns in Shanghai, we are now expecting limited deliveries to commence in Late June.
- Due to limited deliveries next month, if your ETA remains TBC, delivery will likely be from August.”

likely, only likely 😭😭😭