Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Luckily I have received a very ‘reassuring’ text from Tesla Stratford

Oh wait…
Wow! "Our system for calculating estimated delivery dates seems to be all over the place". OMG! Who knew?

Actually, the limited contacts I have had with the Tesla guys and girls have all been very pleasant.
I feel sorry for them at this frustrating time and I am sure they feel the pain.
I am also confident that we Teslerites show them equal courtesy in our interactions.😇....Please!

By the time, I got the alert on telegram channel , its sold. Is there any other way to signup for the inventory ?
How long were you after the alert before you checked if it was available? I bought mine through the telegram alerts and I recall at the time they said they checked inventory every minute, I can't really see how anyone can be faster opther than Tesla themselves.

Never really contemplated Red, but it does look really nice 👌. Now questioning whether I should have picked Red over Blue🤣
I have had several blue cars but the Tesla blue just does not cut it for me. The ubiquitous whites, greys and blacks do not appeal either so it had to be red, the colour that it seems gets delivered after all the others. The earlier model S cars had a few nice colour choices and the planned Deep Crimson multi coat would be perfect for me if my life expectancy was a few years longer than the waiting period for that colour.
My last red (pimento) car was a TR6 back in the day. They were also painted in a very nice magenta which would suit the Y shape.

Now then, where are those colour wrap swatches...... SWMBO is quite taken with the, aptly named, shocking pink!

I have had several blue cars but the Tesla blue just does not cut it for me. The ubiquitous whites, greys and blacks do not appeal either so it had to be red, the colour that it seems gets delivered after all the others. The earlier model S cars had a few nice colour choices and the planned Deep Crimson multi coat would be perfect for me if my life expectancy was a few years longer than the waiting period for that colour.
My last red (pimento) car was a TR6 back in the day. They were also painted in a very nice magenta which would suit the Y shape.

Now then, where are those colour wrap swatches...... SWMBO is quite taken with the, aptly named, shocking pink!
I heard shocking pink was out of stock due to the semi-conductor shortage 🤣🤣

Reactions: Wattsisname
Think it may already been asked so sorry if duplication. Just trying to narrow down possible reasons for our 3 cars slipping down the order.

How many of you have ordered directly via Tesla website, using ALD (preferred partner?) as your finance/lease provider and do you have a VIN/confirmed vehicle yet. Got a funny feeling this combination might have something to do with the vague position regarding our deliveries?

TIA :)

Think it may already been asked so sorry if duplication. Just trying to narrow down possible reasons for our 3 cars slipping down the order.

How many of you have ordered directly via Tesla website, using ALD (preferred partner?) as your finance/lease provider and do you have a VIN/confirmed vehicle yet. Got a funny feeling this combination might have something to do with the vague position regarding our deliveries?

Yes I did, ordered 11th March. MYLR Black, black 20’s. May EDD 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: WhiteHartMart

MSM Black interior MY, ordered Feb 27th with ALD. Placeholder of May. No firm date yet

Reactions: WhiteHartMart
Hoping that:
EDD of May = early June VIN/Delivery
EDD of July = late June VIN/Delivery
Share the same order date with you! ;)
Not letting hopes down but called up Tesla customer care yesterday and been told not earlier than mid-July, which seems it may likely slip more in aug-sept timeframe.

And worst part been advised to change my mobile number with them as they are unable to resolve sending SMS text out to me. I had booked a M3 last year with them and had to subsequently cancel delivery. So had sent out a 'Stop' message to the SMS notification.

When booked the MY - resent the 'start' message to reactivate the notifications, but apparently once you send a 'stop' message your phone number gets blocked out. Despite multiple follow ups they have not been able to resolve and now been advised to change mobile number ;)

Wondering that such a technology savvy company are not able to resolve a small SMS issue at their end! Not a great start

How long were you after the alert before you checked if it was available? I bought mine through the telegram alerts and I recall at the time they said they checked inventory every minute, I can't really see how anyone can be faster other than Tesla themselves.
May be within 30 mins . This was quite same as my order except EAP and it was £1000 dearer due to price change . Anyway I will keep looking

Received message from Tesla:"Tesla Action Required - Your Model Y is due for delivery on Wednesday, 29 June. Deliveries are made between 8 am and the end of the day. Reply with your full address to receive confirmation of your delivery. Not ready for your Model Y or need help? Reply here."

Model Y, MSM, black, AP, 19s, 16/Feb/22 - business lease with Lex