Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a ship near enough for a May collection?
( I have stopped watching the wonderful maritime world of Mr Miserable.)
Not,I hasten to add, due to any lack of interest and respect for the fine work that MRM does for us, but rather because with an EDD of Aug/Sept, I am unlikely to see my ship come in for a while yet. I shall of course return after you lucky early birds have collected your cars and gone, leaving those of us with autumnal EDDs to pester Mr M with questions like "Could there be a few Ys on that aircraft carrier MrM......."

MYLR Red/black/Gemini
Zenauto 'may delivery' order.

According to Tesla (and Zen), my car is part of a bulk order from October 2021.
Still no match, told by Tesla today most likely delivery in August/Sept......but could be June!
Tesla told me today on my Zen order to check back in 1-2weeks for news.

I never know what to believe but if all these zen bulk orders were made in Oct then we should all get cars before most, but we know that’s not true 😂

Not,I hasten to add, due to any lack of interest and respect for the fine work that MRM does for us, but rather because with an EDD of Aug/Sept, I am unlikely to see my ship come in for a while yet. I shall of course return after you lucky early birds have collected your cars and gone, leaving those of us with autumnal EDDs to pester Mr M with questions like "Could there be a few Ys on that aircraft carrier MrM......."
Basically there’s another ship or two just departing now for Europe, so over the next week there may be some more VINs assigned to the UK if that proves to be one of the stops for these ships.
Nothing short of a space-x delivery is arriving in May.

Reactions: Wattsisname
They were done by Perfect Alloys, Poole Dorset.
Sorry if this isn’t correct thread, someone earlier asked about the alloys under the Aeros and what they would look like in black. Best of luck with the deliveries. For what it’s worth, I just let Tesla do their thing and they contact you when ready. Drives you mad otherwise.
Thank you for sharing and for shedding some wisdom, I must say I have been swept into this mad roller-coaster 🎢 and need to back the * off now, it's draining. We shall waive soon on the road.... 😆

Reactions: Wattsisname
I think I posted about this yesterday, but I decided to ring Tesla yesterday after deafening silence from emails, texts and tweets. I did have one email response on Friday but it was disconcertingly vague, then my EDD jumped from May to 5/8-14/9! The guy yesterday was saying all sorts but suggested that unlike Tesla BAU, they’d be running ships as quickly as they could charter and fill tonclear the backlog, so potentially more in July etc, rather than August / September as would normally be the case. He even said that Tesla staff were having to wait for their orders, so they could clear customer order backlogs first.
Forward to today and I miss a call from the same number and there’s a voicemail but only a few seconds of silence.
Excitedly, I call back, thinking it’s good news, only to get another person who contradicts the guy yesterday and tells me they NEVER deliver vehicles in the first month of a quarter. Apparently, she can’t see any history of the 100 EDD changes from May to June and back, but seems to think it’ll definitely be August or September. Conveniently when I’m in the America for most of the delivery window.
My experience to date with Tesla is comparable to dealing with NTL in the 1990s (some of you will know what I mean!) 🤬😤😩

I think I posted about this yesterday, but I decided to ring Tesla yesterday after deafening silence from emails, texts and tweets. I did have one email response on Friday but it was disconcertingly vague, then my EDD jumped from May to 5/8-14/9! The guy yesterday was saying all sorts but suggested that unlike Tesla BAU, they’d be running ships as quickly as they could charter and fill tonclear the backlog, so potentially more in July etc, rather than August / September as would normally be the case. He even said that Tesla staff were having to wait for their orders, so they could clear customer order backlogs first.
Forward to today and I miss a call from the same number and there’s a voicemail but only a few seconds of silence.
Excitedly, I call back, thinking it’s good news, only to get another person who contradicts the guy yesterday and tells me they NEVER deliver vehicles in the first month of a quarter. Apparently, she can’t see any history of the 100 EDD changes from May to June and back, but seems to think it’ll definitely be August or September. Conveniently when I’m in the America for most of the delivery window.
My experience to date with Tesla is comparable to dealing with NTL in the 1990s (some of you will know what I mean!) 🤬😤😩
I think realistically they don't even know themselves. I think the only true thing they're saying is that if you don't get a VIN by the end of next week then you're not getting a delivery this quarter. But I doubt they actually know much passed that.

Reactions: Real Reado
My God! NTL! It became half of Virgin Media and I am sure, to this day honours the tradition and heritage of their mind numbing customer service. Please! Tesla are not even in the ball park.😀

• Funny
Tesla told me today on my Zen order to check back in 1-2weeks for news.

I never know what to believe but if all these zen bulk orders were made in Oct then we should all get cars before most, but we know that’s not true 😂
Checked our order with Zen today said cars are just waiting for a ship but would be a month delay from the June delivery date…. Aka they have no clue.

The guy yesterday was saying all sorts but suggested that unlike Tesla BAU, they’d be running ships as quickly as they could charter and fill tonclear the backlog, so potentially more in July etc, rather than August / September as would normally be the case
another person who contradicts the guy yesterday and tells me they NEVER deliver vehicles in the first month of a quarter

Extraordinary isn't it? , sadly. And management is not picking up on this "Just make stuff up" approach to Support.

He even said that Tesla staff were having to wait for their orders, so they could clear customer order backlogs first.

Yeah, right. Like UK Tesla Staff have ordered tens-of-thousands of RHD cars ...

I think realistically they don't even know themselves

Indeed, in which case they should just say so.

Checked our order with Zen today said cars are just waiting for a ship but would be a month delay from the June delivery date…. Aka they have no clue.
Yep. Zenauto are only asking Emma the same as us. So I haven't bothered chasing them anymore. Incidentally my order was advertised as 'in stock'. When questioned one advisor even told me the 'in stock' model y were in their compound ready to schedule delivery! Suckered in to a sale!

If anyone wants to jump there is one new Model Y just been notified as inventory. 13 miles on the clock, white, black interior, 19s. No AP upgrades

Gone already! If you’re after inventory and not signed up to their notifications, then you need to be very lucky!

Don't get your hopes up - that May date is a curse as we have found out :p

Will start singing 'All I want for Christmas is a Model Y' soon :p
Luckily I have received a very ‘reassuring’ text from Tesla Stratford

Oh wait…

Attachments

• 7CEA1840-CF6F-4F3A-A52B-205A7E32595A.jpeg
    7CEA1840-CF6F-4F3A-A52B-205A7E32595A.jpeg
    562.3 KB · Views: 97
  • Funny
Reactions: WhiteHartMart