Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
VW are still unable to deliver ID.3's ordered in July 2021 and Skoda are no better. I know of one person who ordered 7 July 2021 with an unconfirmed build week of 45/2022 (7 Nov). A minimum of 69 weeks from order to build maybe starting. Some ordering August 2021 don't even have that, and a shrug from their dealers (but given all production is now allocated for 2022, their vehicle won't even start being built now until 2023).

And only two days ago, another ID.3 orderer was advised that VW have already "upgraded" his order to a "Model Year 23" specification.

(I may have mentioned I gave up on our ID.3 Tour order; I still run the ID.3 delivery tracker spreadsheet for id3forums.co.uk that's been tracking VW's woeful ID.3 deliveries since June last year)
Are they building them very slowly, or building a lot of them and demand is outstripping supply?

I mean - I see more MY's on the road now than ID3's - so I can only theorise they're running production at a fraction of its speed, if so - how are VW making any money???

Are they building them very slowly, or building a lot of them and demand is outstripping supply?

I mean - I see more MY's on the road now than ID3's - so I can only theorise they're running production at a fraction of its speed, if so - how are VW making any money???
More a case of the components especially for Skoda as most of the wiring harnesses came from Ukraine, they have chip issues before that etc. The dealer service was awful. Will see how Tesla fares, was in the June EDD which slipped to Sep. If they slip it again I will probably just cancel and wait it out for a year or so. Just woeful old school thinking, same problem for BMW as they weren't prepared for the speed of EV adoption.

Our cars are only 4 and 3 years old with low mileage , was only changing as we wanted one electric to try it and not be stuck if there is another fuel shortage, with a potential recession on the way I can take it or leave. Zero debt at present so not too fussed.

More a case of the components especially for Skoda as most of the wiring harnesses came from Ukraine, they have chip issues before that etc. The dealer service was awful. Will see how Tesla fares, was in the June EDD which slipped to Sep. If they slip it again I will probably just cancel and wait it out for a year or so. Just woeful old school thinking, same problem for BMW as they weren't prepared for the speed of EV adoption.

Our cars are only 4 and 3 years old with low mileage , was only changing as we wanted one electric to try it and not be stuck if there is another fuel shortage, with a potential recession on the way I can take it or leave. Zero debt at present so not too fussed.
The evidence is rather different than the given explanation. For example it's an observed fact that ID.3 Max & Tour vehicles that started being built in week 40 2021 have been left in a field to corrode for 7 months while VW switched attention to the bulk of their orders (Family & Life specification). Now VW has magically "found" some components and have shipped most of their Max/Tour vehicles. However now the lines on Zwickau are full of Born's and ID.4's.

I see these calls for "transparency" from Tesla for orders 3-6 months old, and basically laugh so hard I spill tea on my keyboard. You think it's bad here ? Jog on to anything VAG & MEB based !

Reactions: KennethS and Sw1000
The evidence is rather different than the given explanation. For example it's an observed fact that ID.3 Max & Tour vehicles that started being built in week 40 2021 have been left in a field to corrode for 7 months while VW switched attention to the bulk of their orders (Family & Life specification). Now VW has magically "found" some components and have shipped most of their Max/Tour vehicles. However now the lines on Zwickau are full of Born's and ID.4's.

I see these calls for "transparency" from Tesla for orders 3-6 months old, and basically laugh so hard I spill tea on my keyboard. You think it's bad here ? Jog on to anything VAG & MEB based !
Full agreed, the trick is to mysteriously not have parts for the lower end models but the more profitable models, standard business I guess. Saying that, our enyaq was topline 80x with every option checked for 57k and they didn't give a *sugar*.

Anyway, back to the model Y and hoping it pans out well, I reckon I will probably end up with it before Sep but we will see, mainly switched to the LR as the Performance was showing as late 22 and the LR is more then enough speed wise. Looking forward to the Tesla experience, recently looked at the Enyaq again and couldn't help but think it's an EV with the same old bad software thinking they've used with ICE, still no OTA updates. We have a Kodiaq and Superb and software is shite. They are apparently getting OTA updates in the future but they are thinking about it all wrong compared to Tesla etc who are software companies first

Reactions: Wattsisname

There are basically sod all ID.3's on the road compared to anything Tesla. How Many Left? is a useful tool for registrations, though it's always a 1-2 quarters out of date and so no Model Y's on there yet until it's next updated.

One example : VW registered 184 ID.3 Tour's in Q4 2021. Tesla registered 8871 Model 3 LR's in the same quarter. Then let's look at the ID.3 Life specification, which is the base model. 1374 Life models registered in Q4 2021.

You fancy an ID.4 GTX Max, VW's nearest competitor to the Model Y ? VW had registered 5 by the end of 2021 :rolleyes:

Every MEB-based vehicle appears to have the same issues. Volkswagen must be utterly haemorrhaging money.

There are basically sod all ID.3's on the road compared to anything Tesla. How Many Left? is a useful tool for registrations, though it's always a 1-2 quarters out of date and so no Model Y's on there yet until it's next updated.

One example : VW registered 184 ID.3 Tour's in Q4 2021. Tesla registered 8871 Model 3 LR's in the same quarter. Then let's look at the ID.3 Life specification, which is the base model. 1374 Life models registered in Q4 2021.

You fancy an ID.4 GTX Max, VW's nearest competitor to the Model Y ? VW had registered 5 by the end of 2021 :rolleyes:

Every MEB-based vehicle appears to have the same issues. Volkswagen must be utterly haemorrhaging money.
Are their line workers just stood around though?! thats the bit I can't understand.

VW are still unable to deliver ID.3's ordered in July 2021 and Skoda are no better. I know of one person who ordered 7 July 2021 with an unconfirmed build week of 45/2022 (7 Nov). A minimum of 69 weeks from order to build maybe starting. Some ordering August 2021 don't even have that, and a shrug from their dealers (but given all production is now allocated for 2022, their vehicle won't even start being built now until 2023).

And only two days ago, another ID.3 orderer was advised that VW have already "upgraded" his order to a "Model Year 23" specification.

(I may have mentioned I gave up on our ID.3 Tour order; I still run the ID.3 delivery tracker spreadsheet for id3forums.co.uk that's been tracking VW's woeful ID.3 deliveries since June last year)
Painful reading, one thing I would take away from this, I think resale values are going to be pretty strong for EV’s in 3-4 years!

I ordered my car through Tusker Salary Sacrafice on 20th April. I don't have access to the Tesla app because it is a company car so can only rely on updates from Tusker. The expected delivery date has been early October with the status as 'On Order'. Over the weekend it changed to early July and a status of 'Car in transit'.

Does anyone here have any experience of using tusker and the accuract of their information?

The car I ordered is MY, Grey, Black, 19s
You’ve had some good responses. I’ll just add that I ordered direct with Tesla on the same day as you (blue/black/20s/eap) and haven’t been matched yet.
Reading the threads I haven’t seen anyone matched after the first few days of April at the latest. And many from March still waiting (depending on spec).
Of course there’s a chance the Lease co could have had a pre-existing order.

Reactions: orangespoon
Hi guys, my new EDD is September, but how long can i delay it for, basically i just found out my companuy are in talks with ALD to offer through a sacrifice scheme, so I guess it may be better to do this than pay cash outright? I have read you can transfer to a Lease company, is that correct please? It's not something i have considered but it recently came up and it may be in place by the end of the year,

Hi guys, my new EDD is September, but how long can i delay it for, basically i just found out my companuy are in talks with ALD to offer through a sacrifice scheme, so I guess it may be better to do this than pay cash outright? I have read you can transfer to a Lease company, is that correct please? It's not something i have considered but it recently came up and it may be in place by the end of the year,
I would have thought SS is the most cost efficient method of buying it...

Reactions: ElsDee
Hopefully this might answer your question:
Company Car Drivers

I have read you can transfer to a Lease company, is that correct please?

Generally you can transfer your RN to a leasing company. Dunno if that will work for Salary Sacrifice, but I don't see why not

I would have thought SS is the most cost efficient method of buying it...

Price is hyped (compared to just buying a company car)
Insurance, recovery etc. is typically built-in - may be at a rate that you could find better elsewhere
No deposit - good&bad - you can sell your existing 2nd hand ... but you get no ability to reduce monthly amount
Impact on pension (your taxable / pension-able pay is lower)
Your employer might not give you back the Employer NI
If you think the residuals will be good you will lose out on that (no ability to buy the car out-of-lease at the end AFAIK)

But in many/most? cases SS will be worthwhile, particularly for higher tax payers

Reactions: orangespoon
Generally you can transfer your RN to a leasing company. Dunno if that will work for Salary Sacrifice, but I don't see why not

Price is hyped (compared to just buying a company car)
Insurance, recovery etc. is typically built-in - may be at a rate that you could find better elsewhere
No deposit - good&bad - you can sell your existing 2nd hand ... but you get no ability to reduce monthly amount
Impact on pension (your taxable / pension-able pay is lower)
Your employer might not give you back the Employer NI
If you think the residuals will be good you will lose out on that (no ability to buy the car out-of-lease at the end AFAIK)

But in many/most? cases SS will be worthwhile, particularly for higher tax payers
I know that I can always purchase the car at the end of the lease, in some cases I’ve had the purchase price at the point that the lease starts.