Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you try placing an order now, it still shows Aug - Oct delivery. Considering the factory will now be running again at full capacity and there are no reports of further shut downs. I think we could all be pretty comfortable expecting our orders in Q3. Tesla only have so many ships and will want to catch back up, so I hope they will also be delivering in July. But I am an optimist.

On with Shane now (got to say - he's very good). My order (1 week before you, identical spec via Octopus) has not matched.

Makes me think its either Zen "block" order, or you have something random added (like a tow bar) that makes the spec different and more unique.
Nothing random added but it may be a block order. When I ordered it was part of a limited order for delivery in May they told me... if that helps.

They told me same for my June order, cant get on live chat at the moment….
Apologies to all for interrupting the leasing discussion. I posted the following in an appropriate thread which may not be viewed by my UK Model Y friends. So, your forbearance and informative responses will be much appreciated.

My current Model Y EDD is July at present.

So, I have been giving thought to the cameras and what they record. Having been an early GoPro adopter (but now using cheaper alternatives), firstly on my motor bike, then the car (front and back) and now on my bicycle helmet, I am used to making longer recordings.

My question (finally:rolleyes:) Can the short loop of the Tesla cameras be changed to continuous recording, when moving, if a high capacity solid state storage device is used?

Having regard to the increasing popularity of dash cams, not just for accident records but also to capture anything of interest on a trip, it would seem obvious to provide a continuous recording option. Also, tooting the horn to capture the last ten minutes before and during an accident, is all very fine if one is able so to do after an impact.

Otherwise, and is seems so counter to the spirit of our high tech cars, that I will have to continue using an old school dash cam.

Apologies to all for interrupting the leasing discussion. I posted the following in an appropriate thread which may not be viewed by my UK Model Y friends. So, your forbearance and informative responses will be much appreciated.

My current Model Y EDD is July at present.

So, I have been giving thought to the cameras and what they record. Having been an early GoPro adopter (but now using cheaper alternatives), firstly on my motor bike, then the car (front and back) and now on my bicycle helmet, I am used to making longer recordings.

My question (finally:rolleyes:) Can the short loop of the Tesla cameras be changed to continuous recording, when moving, if a high capacity solid state storage device is used?

Having regard to the increasing popularity of dash cams, not just for accident records but also to capture anything of interest on a trip, it would seem obvious to provide a continuous recording option. Also, tooting the horn to capture the last ten minutes before and during an accident, is all very fine if one is able so to do after an impact.

Otherwise, and is seems so counter to the spirit of our high tech cars, that I will have to continue using an old school dash cam.
No, it's a 60 minute loop that gets overwritten unless you trigger it to save the last 10 mins. If the car detects an accident it will save it itself.

Shane is better than Emma. He said the whole lockdown, uncertain etc line but then said could be aug/sept but then said they are “trying to improve” on that and in his opinion it will be sooner.

Least I know June is unlikely, so much for Zen Auto block orders for June