Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, first post - just wanted to share my blue/black/19 MY LR order journey, as it's been a bit of a rollercoaster (although not that unusual, by the look of things).

16/3 - placed order, EDD Jul 2022
21/3 - EDD updated 9/5 - 6/6
5/4 - EDD updated 9/6 - 30/6
29/4 EDD updated 23/6 - 30/6
At this point, I transfer the order to a leasing company, and lose all visibility of the car's progress.
1/6 - leasing co website has 15/7 - 31/7
6/6 - leasing co website updated to 'Early September'
9/6 17:00 - email from leasing co confirming September delivery :mad:
9/6 20:00 - text from Tesla asking me to confirm delivery on 29/6🤔
13/6 - text from Tesla confirming delivery on 29/6.😏

Today, leasing company website still had September, and I called them who confirmed that was their latest information, but said they'd talk to Tesla.

Here's hoping.
This is what really annoys me with Tesla! The spec you ordered had an EDD of July when placing your order, mine was saying May. Admittedly you did order 2 weeks before me but, I'm yet to receive a VIN and it'll likely be delivered 3 months later than expected, yet yours is earlier than suggested!

I purposely went for the 20s because of the earlier EDD so i'm a bit pi**ed off with the whole situation, especially since I don't currently have a car.

Reactions: Rameses10
Not official, and definitely community. But still really helpful. There's a GitHub project that the Glide app simply renders : GitHub - mykeln/teslaprep: A comprehensive guide on buying and owning a Tesla

Lots of information on the order flow, and it's always reasonably current as well. Probably should be on @Frizzy 's Linktree if it isn't already!
Super helpful- thanks! I’ve seen various YouTube videos with owners filling in check lists which I assume given by Tesla team to be filled in by the owners on collection day - hence my earlier question because the interface/format looked kind of similar to Tesla App…

Yes indeed keep hoping though it sounds like a done deal for the 29th. Do the leasing companies collect or the lessee?

The lease company told me that they'd handed over delivery/collection arrangements to Tesla, which would happen via text message. I was originally planning on collecting from Bluewater, but happy to take delivery. Main concern was that something weird happened when I transferred the order, and we ended up with 2 simultaneous orders. Still not heard an update, but I'm quietly confident.

The lease company told me that they'd handed over delivery/collection arrangements to Tesla, which would happen via text message. I was originally planning on collecting from Bluewater, but happy to take delivery. Main concern was that something weird happened when I transferred the order, and we ended up with 2 simultaneous orders. Still not heard an update, but I'm quietly confident.
Well, based on what is going on, "quietly confident" suggests a calm, rational, and probably generous nature or having worked with leasing companies before, you know it will all eventually come out in the wash.
I wish you all the best for the 29th.

Tesla just bumped my collection time by..... +1 hour.

Not sure why but apparently 1pm wasn't possible but 2pm on the 30th was (NEC).

Strange!

(maybe I'm a morning peace car and 1pm to NEC, Birmingham just isn't remotely possible 🤣)

P.S.
5 minutes later - I get an SMS with my VIN & Registration.

Last edited:
@WllXM Awaiting update on delivery from the factory, had that about 5 times… will know more by the end of the week I’ve been told today
Not trying to give you false hope but imho, no EDD would suggest that they don't know for certain whether or not they should/can allocate you a vehicle matching your spec from what's currently in transit in RCC EUROPE, rather than being sure to push you to Sept/Oct.. so I would be hopeful. The only other reason for not having an EDD would be if there was something blocking in your order and I guess they would have told you so if it was the case.

That means they won't even try and match you to a car until July, it's the same as ordering in July so you'll be behind the tens of thousands of people that have ordered after mid March and are still waiting.
We found this out the hard way a few years ago, our Lease company were knew to ordering Tesla's at the time and because we requested a December(ish) date, they didn't start matching until then and we had to wait until February.
Fingers crossed yours will be a quick match but, with the amount of orders being placed currently, October to December might be more likely.
I really hope not! I'll keep pestering the lease company and Tesla weekly (pretty sure it will not make a difference) not much else i can do!

I really hope not! I'll keep pestering the lease company and Tesla weekly (pretty sure it will not make a difference) not much else i can do!
Lease companies would only usually put a hold on the matching if the customer has asked them to for some reason. Give them a call and tell them to remove the hold, say you want to be matched ASAP and you can take delivery ASAP.

Tesla just bumped my collection time by..... +1 hour.

Not sure why but apparently 1pm wasn't possible but 2pm on the 30th was (NEC).

Strange!

(maybe I'm a morning peace car and 1pm to NEC, Birmingham just isn't remotely possible 🤣)

P.S.
5 minutes later - I get an SMS with my VIN & Registration

😂 How far can a transporter travel in 60 mins. Maybe they initially forgot to allow for the driver's statutory break between Southampton and Birmingham:)

But it brilliant that you have Reg. Number. You can now sort your insurance.

Did you also receive your final invoice?

Last edited:
Reactions: bp1000
😂 How far can a transporter travel in 60 mins. Maybe they initially forgot to allow for the driver's statutory break between Southampton and Birmingham:)

But it brilliant that you have Reg. Number. You can now sort your insurance.

Did you also receive your final invoice?
Earlier than I expected too! Maybe they just overbooked perhaps.

I'm really hoping my car is on RCC Europe so it isn't rushed!

I'm a lease customer so I suspect my order is now being converted to ALD for them to process before it comes back to me in about 5 days.

Reactions: Wattsisname
Ok.. just had some shady behaviour from either Octopus or Tesla...

They just called to offer a car in June (Hooray!!) - however the lease would require re-calculation as this would be £1,000 more due to the price increase.

I'd mentioned that I'd ordered prior to the price increase and this should not impact my order. Their reply - Tesla's stipulation is that this order must be at the "current prices".

So essentially - being loyal (this is my 2nd Tesla) and ordering early seems to bump us *down* the list, in favour of Tesla's profit.

This is the first confirmed case I've seen on this happening - and right now I'm pushing back out of principle. Very shady.

• Informative
Reactions: DrPhlegm