Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I used wbac once but the price they give me is the list price and dealers are selling for £ 65k.
Now that deliveries are November / January 23 prices went up.
They need to be able to make a profit or they have no business, you can also try a private sale . Only challenge there is you have to deal with tyre kickers and time wasters. There are a lot of them.

Webuyanycar are mainly for convenience depending on how fast you want to sale .

I think you're still confused 😂😂. You're mixing up 'delivery dates', with 'collection days' 🤣
You are quite correct in that the term "collection" is redundant in this process; the term "delivery " means not only bringing something to you at an agreed location; home or elsewhere, but also, and this key to the process, that you have taken possession of the item.

I wish someone would explain that to Amazon Deliveries.

Nevertheless, I prefer the term "collection" if I have to go to an agreed destination to "collect"my item. Otherwise, I would have it "delivered" to my home" and take possession there.

But who am I to question the arbiter of lexical semantics for this thread🙄

My latest update;

Hello,

Your new TESLA MODEL Y HATCHBACK Long Range AWD 5dr Auto - Metallic - Deep blue is due to arrive at the dealership approximately 10/10/2022.

Tesla did tell me that i will be eligible to match from the 2nd of July so hoping my lease company are being "cautious"!

🎢

YouTube is full of Model Y Australia launch vids and I see it was also launched in other RHD markets of Singapore & Japan.

So, until Berlin comes online to deliver RHD LR there’s going to be an even longer wait for future orders. Good job I ordered back in April - hopefully we keep our places in front of the Aussies. Thoughts?
Fingers crossed for you and all.
If/when Covid is under control, and parts constriction eases, Shanghai will surely ramp production.
Berlin, it seems, is a little slower to reach the expected big numbers.

It's ironic that Elon, ( and I exaggerate to make the point) is almost able to name the day when his seven bed holiday home on Mars will be built and yet provides little detail on Tesla's ( firm) plans to hit the required export production numbers.

I wonder to what extent the marketing people are controlling the supply and demand equation to optimise the prices....

Having said all that, there have been and continue to be, situations beyond their control impacting production.

Let's hope that the antipodes can also have their share along with the UK as soon as....

My latest update;

Hello,

Your new TESLA MODEL Y HATCHBACK Long Range AWD 5dr Auto - Metallic - Deep blue is due to arrive at the dealership approximately 10/10/2022.

Tesla did tell me that i will be eligible to match from the 2nd of July so hoping my lease company are being "cautious"!

🎢
Yes they probably are managing expectations.
Here's hoping that you will have the same happy surprise that we August/October EDD
members had last week ...

Hi, first post - just wanted to share my blue/black/19 MY LR order journey, as it's been a bit of a rollercoaster (although not that unusual, by the look of things).

16/3 - placed order, EDD Jul 2022
21/3 - EDD updated 9/5 - 6/6
5/4 - EDD updated 9/6 - 30/6
29/4 EDD updated 23/6 - 30/6
At this point, I transfer the order to a leasing company, and lose all visibility of the car's progress.
1/6 - leasing co website has 15/7 - 31/7
6/6 - leasing co website updated to 'Early September'
9/6 17:00 - email from leasing co confirming September delivery :mad:
9/6 20:00 - text from Tesla asking me to confirm delivery on 29/6🤔
13/6 - text from Tesla confirming delivery on 29/6.😏

Today, leasing company website still had September, and I called them who confirmed that was their latest information, but said they'd talk to Tesla.

Here's hoping.

Reactions: Frizzy
Hi, first post - just wanted to share my blue/black/19 MY LR order journey, as it's been a bit of a rollercoaster (although not that unusual, by the look of things).

16/3 - placed order, EDD Jul 2022
21/3 - EDD updated 9/5 - 6/6
5/4 - EDD updated 9/6 - 30/6
29/4 EDD updated 23/6 - 30/6
At this point, I transfer the order to a leasing company, and lose all visibility of the car's progress.
1/6 - leasing co website has 15/7 - 31/7
6/6 - leasing co website updated to 'Early September'
9/6 17:00 - email from leasing co confirming September delivery :mad:
9/6 20:00 - text from Tesla asking me to confirm delivery on 29/6🤔
13/6 - text from Tesla confirming delivery on 29/6.😏

Today, leasing company website still had September, and I called them who confirmed that was their latest information, but said they'd talk to Tesla.

Here's hoping.
Yes indeed keep hoping though it sounds like a done deal for the 29th. Do the leasing companies collect or the lessee?

🎢
That means they won't even try and match you to a car until July, it's the same as ordering in July so you'll be behind the tens of thousands of people that have ordered after mid March and are still waiting.
We found this out the hard way a few years ago, our Lease company were knew to ordering Tesla's at the time and because we requested a December(ish) date, they didn't start matching until then and we had to wait until February.
Fingers crossed yours will be a quick match but, with the amount of orders being placed currently, October to December might be more likely.

Amazing! Comprehensive or what!
Thank you.

Now then........... I will have to book a room near Staines for SWMBO; she won't wait through the inspection - at least not if I am doing it. I just hope that the Tesla pop-up at Staines has floodlights because it will already be 2:30 pm when I collect the car and dark by 9:15 pm:rolleyes:

Amazing! Comprehensive or what!
Thank you.

Now then........... I will have to book a room near Staines for SWMBO; she won't wait through the inspection - at least not if I am doing it. I just hope that the Tesla pop-up at Staines has floodlights because it will already be 2:30 pm when I collect the car and dark by 9:15 pm:rolleyes:
P.S. SWMBO says I'm not to worry, she will catch up with two or three movies at the local multiplex (min 3 screens required).

Official Tesla would be « take the car, get out, don’t come back »
Which ties in nicely with their official Pre-Delivery Inspection process:
——————
TESLA PRE DELIVERY INSPECTION.
Do not hand car to customer until all steps are complete.

Step 1. Count number of wheels. 4 is ideal. 3 is within tolerance.

END OF PRE DELIVERY INSPECTION
——————-