Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow I agree, as i sold my X3 Diesel non Ulez over 2 months ago, best car I ever had, that's the weird thing you can pick up a less than 1 year old ix3 for @ £53k, only 2 wheel drive as you say, but build quality is far superior and you have better back up, whilst Tesla is not a patch on that of BMW's dealer network. Q4 and VW ranges put them out of the others league, as i have seen my colleagues compare current ownership, with Tesla always coming out ontop. Hyndai and Kia could i spend that kind of cash over a Tesla or BMW, i think not. I love BMW, but Tesla wizardry is far superior i think whilst my wife would prefer the familar BMW dials ect. I think by now i would have bought an IX3 as delivery is almost instant, yet the delay of The Y, means my company sacrifice scheme may have been approved bu the FSA by the time the Y turns up. Demand for the Y will guarantee residual values somewhat too. Good to know I am not the only one with similar thoughts, thanks guys,:)
I currently have a BMW X3 M40i and the choice to buy was mainly due to dealer service, which was head and shoulders above the other “premium” competition. My first choice was a Jaguar FPace but the dealer service was so shockingly bad they actually pushed me to the BMW. I’ve had it just over 2 years and it’s been a fantastic car, not put a foot wrong. It’s got active cruise, steering assist (like Tesla autopilot), speed limit sign recognition and speed camera warnings that have all worked flawlessly since day one.

I’ve tried the iX3 and found it a bit meh. No Xdrive, down on power and range not fantastic.

I think if BMW did an iX3 M50 (with the same powertrain as the i4 M50) they would make a serious dent on Model Y sales, and personally I would be snapping their hand off. But they don’t (yet) so here we are.

Compared to previous purchases of Audi, BMW and Mercedes the Tesla purchase experience for me has been below par. Although I’ve ordered through a lease, when I ordered in March delivery estimate was May, then went to July then September and now November. I previously had leases and both company cars and personally purchased cars and the dealer experience has been no different.

Reactions: ElsDee
I currently have a BMW X3 M40i and the choice to buy was mainly due to dealer service, which was head and shoulders above the other “premium” competition. My first choice was a Jaguar FPace but the dealer service was so shockingly bad they actually pushed me to the BMW. I’ve had it just over 2 years and it’s been a fantastic car, not put a foot wrong. It’s got active cruise, steering assist (like Tesla autopilot), speed limit sign recognition and speed camera warnings that have all worked flawlessly since day one.

I’ve tried the iX3 and found it a bit meh. No Xdrive, down on power and range not fantastic.

I think if BMW did an iX3 M50 (with the same powertrain as the i4 M50) they would make a serious dent on Model Y sales, and personally I would be snapping their hand off. But they don’t (yet) so here we are.

Compared to previous purchases of Audi, BMW and Mercedes the Tesla purchase experience for me has been below par. Although I’ve ordered through a lease, when I ordered in March delivery estimate was May, then went to July then September and now November. I previously had leases and both company cars and personally purchased cars and the dealer experience has been no different.
"the Tesla purchase experience for me has been below par." - 100% agree & IMO it's the most likely reason that real-world customers, as opposed to early adopters & avowed Teslarati, will choose another maker. Musk undoubtedly deserves all credit for what he's achieved so far in terms of vehicle electrification, but he's beginning to bump into the real world of "regular" customers who, when spending £60k+ on a car, want decent customer service from the get-go all the way through to an appreciative (feigned or real) hand-over of a 100% perfect, 100% of the time, vehicle from a sales rep who bothers to take the time to go through the car's controls. And the lack of Car Play or AA is a real pain - it looks like Musk is being pig-headed and frankly pretty dumb - again IMO......

Reactions: Markee68 and ElsDee
So gutted
they changed another time my EDD. order on 28th of may. EDD until now 19september 4th of November,
just checked right now and 😭😭😭😭😭 14November to 29th of December :(

WHYYYY :(
To mess with your head! Looks like the whole Tesla ordering process is designed to test the patience of a Saint. Sometimes almost feel glad I'm going through a lease company and don't see the dates bouncing all over the place.

I was reading about new electric cars coming to the UK. Saw the Fiskers Ocean. Looks like a good car. Does anyone know about this car? More importantly, will anyone switch to this car instead of the Model Y?
I’m lucky enough to already own a M3 SR+ (which I’m trading for a MYLR).
Whilst lots of other manufacturers are making some good EVs, I wouldn’t swap away from Tesla. The ordering process can be frustrating but the cars are brilliant in my opinion. It’ll take something very special to take me away.

So I’m in the same position ordered 18th march MY my finance with Blackhorse has just expired, just had it confirmed the new APR will be 5.9% nothing they can do about it. They have moved the goal posts of the agreement feel like I’m getting a raw deal not sure weather I will be continuing with my order now
How were you notified of this?

I too ordered on 18th March and my finance as of today is still showing on my order page as compete.

I'm also a bit confused re the finance provider as my current Tesla has a DD set up directly to Blackhorse, but when I ordered the Y a new DD was set up for Ayden NV which is a Dutch payment company, so is this still Black horse or not?

I'm the same as you if it changes, plus my PX value drops I'll probably cancel, but it is somewhat annoying given I was told the car would be available in May when I ordered and the delay is not of my doing.

I was reading about new electric cars coming to the UK. Saw the Fiskers Ocean. Looks like a good car. Does anyone know about this car? More importantly, will anyone switch to this car instead of the Model Y?
UK deliveries for the Fisker are from June 2023 (LHD markets are Nov), and they are asking for a £5k deposit to secure a launch version car. At just under £60k all in, it looks like reasonable value, but you might get your MY earlier. That said an EV ordered from pretty much anyone also will take a year to arrive.

Reactions: Toblerone
see
How were you notified of this?

I too ordered on 18th March and my finance as of today is still showing on my order page as compete.

I'm also a bit confused re the finance provider as my current Tesla has a DD set up directly to Blackhorse, but when I ordered the Y a new DD was set up for Ayden NV which is a Dutch payment company, so is this still Black horse or not?

I'm the same as you if it changes, plus my PX value drops I'll probably cancel, but it is somewhat annoying given I was told the car would be available in May when I ordered and the delay is not of my doing.
Hi

When I went on my account it said I need to renew my financial application so called Tesla who sent me back this text

Tesla - Hi I have spoken to the finance team and we cannot find your new Blackhorse application. They have said that we can get Blackhorse to renew your original one but the APR would change to the current 5.9%. Please let me know if you would like to go ahead with that. To unsubscribe from SMS, reply STOP.