Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Edd

Interesting, and this wasn't my experience. FWIW I dealt with Katie at Forza, and she was absolutely fantastic.

My PCP through them was bankrolled by Santander, and the approval lasted 90 days, not 30 days. My Model Y collection date was (irritatingly!) on day 93, so I had to have the agreement "refreshed", which required me to sign a differently dated Santander proposal. This didn't hit my credit report as an additional hard search, and had no effect on my Experian or Equifax credit score at that time (I carefully manage my credit profile so know exactly what happens and when). The APR on the refresh didn't change, and all was well. The expected larger hit to my credit rating happened when the loan was drawn down on vehicle delivery; the first hard search made a very minor negative change of <10 score points but the draw down knocked me down 163 Experian points.

I'm wondering whether for vehicle purchases increasing numbers of lenders are now beginning to enforce 30 day approvals due to nervousness about inflation, interest rates and monetary policy responses....it's historically been reasonably usual for vehicle finance to be locked in at the point of ordering but when vehicles can take 12 months to be actually delivered there's obviously a credit and APR risk that the lenders are carrying ... which they're just going to pass onto the end customer eventually.

Given Black Horse and Tesla FS both seem to be going this way, maybe this is the 'new normal' and ordering a vehicle these days means you won't know whether you'll be able to afford it until you get allocated a VIN ... at which point it's probably fine to apply for finance at the rate then in force. But this is conjecture and definitely not what happened to me.

I've heard conflicting reports on whether this is true or not. And regardless, I think balancing possible APR increases against the massively better GFV might well mean it's cheaper through Forza 3rd party finance anyway. Judgement call that, I think.
Thanks a lot. I was expecting an experience similar to yours. Will contact Forza again and try to talk to Katie. I think the person I spoke to was relatively new so I am not sure he provided the right information.

Reactions: Utumno
@Utumno . Just spoke to Katie. She confirmed the following:
1. The APR for a new Tesla is 4.9%. This is expected to remain unchanged.
2. The acceptance is valid for 90 days. In case the car is not delivered in that time, then a fresh credit search will be undertaken.
3. The APR agreed at time of acceptance will be constant. It will not change even if acceptance has to be renewed.

This appears to be in line with your understanding. Katie was knowledgeable and very clear. Any other members looking to finance through Forza, I would recommend that you speak to Katie.

Reactions: Utumno
Mine hasn't changed for 3 weeks and now I feel like there is something wrong with my order! :D
Relax. Mine was like this. Rarely changed, when it did it was bad news.

All that matters is what happens to your date once a known ship has departed, reached the Suez Canal and 7-10days after. If it doesn't change then its a waiting game for the next ship to depart.

You could be showing Dec then all of Sudden Aug 20th - Aug 30th.

Reactions: Toblerone
@Utumno . Just spoke to Katie. She confirmed the following:
1. The APR for a new Tesla is 4.9%. This is expected to remain unchanged.
2. The acceptance is valid for 90 days. In case the car is not delivered in that time, then a fresh credit search will be undertaken.
3. The APR agreed at time of acceptance will be constant. It will not change even if acceptance has to be renewed.

This appears to be in line with your understanding. Katie was knowledgeable and very clear. Any other members looking to finance through Forza, I would recommend that you speak to Katie.
Am glad to hear you’re getting the same sales experience I got 😀

• Helpful
Reactions: greendriller
Looking at the latest update from Mr M and aerial photo analysis shared by members, my interpretation is that currently there is more uncertainty on horizon than ship(s) loaded with Ys…Considering yet to be delivered Feb/March orders and potential bulk lease co. orders, perhaps it is safe to assume April/May orders have slim chance for September/October delivery and these likely to be in Q4?

Looking at the latest update from Mr M and aerial photo analysis shared by members, my interpretation is that currently there is more uncertainty on horizon than ship(s) loaded with Ys…Considering yet to be delivered Feb/March orders and potential bulk lease co. orders, perhaps it is safe to assume April/May orders have slim chance for September/October delivery and these likely to be in Q4?
Who knows...I am still hopeful for a q3 delivery...the biggest unknown is possible Covid lockdowns but other than that I am fairly confident.

I ordered in June and I’ve got a 7 day estimated delivery date at the end of September so I wouldn’t lose hope
Truth is until you have a VIN your EDD means nothing whether it's a short window or a long one. I've had every type of EDD you can have so far: just a month name, dates with a wide window, dates with a short window etc.

Nothing matters and it's all guesswork until there's a VIN

Been a while since I posted. Decided to sit back and try to wait out the rollercoaster.🥺

How foolish could I be, this ride is addictive (but no good for the blood pressure).

On Monday I spoke to my salary sacrifice lease company (Zenith), to be told that 100% my car was in the county at a holding centre ready to be delivered by the end of July. I checked several times to confirm this was the case, to be assured the delivery team would be in touch as they had taken over delivery due to the unreliable nature of Tesla delivery.

So today!

Delivery now moved to November. No communication from Zenith (apparently they are better than Tesla at comms).

Back on the rollercoaster 🙄
This happened to me with Zenith - I was originally told I had a car for end of June which was pushed out to September. I complained A LOT, and should now be receiving my MY on Monday - the wait is so much harder now the car has been added to the app 🤦‍♂️

Your analysis is not ‘glass half empty’, but more ‘glass is bone dry’!

A few points -
MY production is currently suspended, so little to nothing is expected on let’s say the first ship that is imminent.
When MY production resumes, M3 production is halted, so there is a focus on MY for 2 weeks.
The upgraded MY line can produce circa 2k cars per day, so enough to fill a RoRo every 2 days or so.
Shipping to the UK takes one month, so to make Q3 end we can realistically only expect ships to depart until end of August.

Therefore there is optimistically a 6 week window from mid July to end August (perhaps a week or so less but hopefully you get the point). So a potential ~80k MYs or 20 ships worth.
Of course not all of these cars are destined for export, Europe, the UK, or will be RHD or your spec and there aren’t 20 ships available.

But I’m saying there’s a chance Mar/Apr MY orders get a car in Q3.

Your analysis is not ‘glass half empty’, but more ‘glass is bone dry’!

A few points -
MY production is currently suspended, so little to nothing is expected on let’s say the first ship that is imminent.
When MY production resumes, M3 production is halted, so there is a focus on MY for 2 weeks.
The upgraded MY line can produce circa 2k cars per day, so enough to fill a RoRo every 2 days or so.
Shipping to the UK takes one month, so to make Q3 end we can realistically only expect ships to depart until end of August.

Therefore there is optimistically a 6 week window from mid July to end August (perhaps a week or so less but hopefully you get the point). So a potential ~80k MYs or 20 ships worth.
Of course not all of these cars are destined for export, Europe, the UK, or will be RHD or your spec and there aren’t 20 ships available.

But I’m saying there’s a chance Mar/Apr MY orders get a car in Q3.
And hopefully us Feb orders as well …………hanging in there, covid in shanghai seems to be the only big risk at present to delivery or am i too optimistic?

• Love
Reactions: Toblerone
176BC796-2E9E-4011-912D-7E3DE869F366.jpeg

Just got a notification in the Tesla app, Zen auto just gave me access to this car, nothing else from them yet lol