Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How were you notified of this?

I too ordered on 18th March and my finance as of today is still showing on my order page as compete.

I'm also a bit confused re the finance provider as my current Tesla has a DD set up directly to Blackhorse, but when I ordered the Y a new DD was set up for Ayden NV which is a Dutch payment company, so is this still Black horse or not?

I'm the same as you if it changes, plus my PX value drops I'll probably cancel, but it is somewhat annoying given I was told the car would be available in May when I ordered and the delay is not of my doing.
Yeah I was the same, May Edd now showing 29aug-13oct what date are you on?

That’s exactly what I told them this has not been caused by me in anyway, i understand the situation but feel they should honour the 4.9%

Yeah I was the same, May Edd now showing 29aug-13oct what date are you on?

That’s exactly what I told them this has not been caused by me in anyway, i understand the situation but feel they should honour the 4.9%
My EDD still Aug 08 - Sept 17, and Payment method still showing as complete.

I wonder if it is different for different finance types (Business/Personal HP/Loan/PCP etc), mine is Personal PCP, what is yours?

My EDD still Aug 08 - Sept 17, and Payment method still showing as complete.

I wonder if it is different for different finance types (Business/Personal HP/Loan/PCP etc), mine is Personal PCP, what is yours?
I was looking into this the other day with a few other Q3 hopefuls. Here's the link: Model Y UK Delivery

I think we established Business is changing so far as external provider, haven't seen any personal rates change (yet) - fingers crossed

Reactions: garreth64
Got a reply from Tesla finance too

We firstly want to confirm the process here. Where a previous acceptance has expired, you would have to reapply for financing once again and this would be at the current rates and residual values. However, we do not want you to be running a check on your credit every 90 days (period of acceptance). Therefore, when a vehicle is matched and an appointment scheduled, we will reach out to BH with a view for them to review the proposal and make another decision based on your currently financial circumstances
Had sent a mail to Tesla Finance and received the below response after multiple follow ups. So all looks good as long as i pass the credit assessment again.

'Thank you for your email and reaching out to Tesla Financial Services! Please apologize the delay in getting back to you.
Due to regulatory and internal requirements our credit offer has a limited validity. After that we would need to review your creditworthiness again and depending on the outcome we would then be able to extend our credit offer at the previously confirmed terms, therefore with the previously approved and confirmed APR.

Please be aware that you have only confirmed that you wish to finance through us, but you have not signed an agreement yet. Therefore you are still free to opt out of financing or change your payment method to finance elsewhere, etc.
We are working closely with the delivery department, so in case the offer has expired and your delivery is expected we are resolving this accordingly
'

Believe the rules are different if you apply personal loan vs business loan.

How were you notified of this?

I too ordered on 18th March and my finance as of today is still showing on my order page as compete.

I'm also a bit confused re the finance provider as my current Tesla has a DD set up directly to Blackhorse, but when I ordered the Y a new DD was set up for Ayden NV which is a Dutch payment company, so is this still Black horse or not?

I'm the same as you if it changes, plus my PX value drops I'll probably cancel, but it is somewhat annoying given I was told the car would be available in May when I ordered and the delay is not of my doing.
I had a chat with Forza Finance today and they offered 4.9%.

Been a while since I posted. Decided to sit back and try to wait out the rollercoaster.🥺

How foolish could I be, this ride is addictive (but no good for the blood pressure).

On Monday I spoke to my salary sacrifice lease company (Zenith), to be told that 100% my car was in the county at a holding centre ready to be delivered by the end of July. I checked several times to confirm this was the case, to be assured the delivery team would be in touch as they had taken over delivery due to the unreliable nature of Tesla delivery.

So today!

Delivery now moved to November. No communication from Zenith (apparently they are better than Tesla at comms).

Back on the rollercoaster 🙄

• Love
Reactions: Toblerone
Been a while since I posted. Decided to sit back and try to wait out the rollercoaster.🥺

How foolish could I be, this ride is addictive (but no good for the blood pressure).

On Monday I spoke to my salary sacrifice lease company (Zenith), to be told that 100% my car was in the county at a holding centre ready to be delivered by the end of July. I checked several times to confirm this was the case, to be assured the delivery team would be in touch as they had taken over delivery due to the unreliable nature of Tesla delivery.

So today!

Delivery now moved to November. No communication from Zenith (apparently they are better than Tesla at comms).

Back on the rollercoaster 🙄
Zen have a load of cars already here at a centre in donnington, they are allocating them to existing customers just slowly, if you speak to Tesla that’s a different order you originally had, that zenith will just give to someone else in nov

Reactions: MikeyM
Same here! Moved back to Sept 24 - Sept 30 from Nov-Dec delivery date. Yayyyyyy
You will note from many signature blocks that this happens! Take cautious care with this and maybe do not yet commit to anything irreversible based on your EDD alone.

You will note that I went from June to September. Was excited when it went back to June; now sitting in September!

FWIW I am a happy Forza customer and will happily recommend them. And if you can still get 4.9% on a PCP with a good GFV as I did so much the better.
@greendriller and @Utumno ,
I spoke to Forza just now. The guy seemed quite keen to end the call, although he did answer all my questions.
The APR is 4.9%, but they are offering a much lower monthly payment because they are taking a higher residual value. This is good for me.

However the person I spoke to mentioned that the quote is only valid for 30 days and if the car is not delivered in 30 days, then I will have to reapply. Another credit search will be done at that time and the latest APR at that time will be offered to me. So unlike the Tesla PCP, we are exposed to APR increases. Did you get the same information and are you happy to take the risk of future APR changes?

Edd
@greendriller and @Utumno ,
I spoke to Forza just now. The guy seemed quite keen to end the call, although he did answer all my questions.
The APR is 4.9%, but they are offering a much lower monthly payment because they are taking a higher residual value. This is good for me.

However the person I spoke to mentioned that the quote is only valid for 30 days and if the car is not delivered in 30 days, then I will have to reapply. Another credit search will be done at that time and the latest APR at that time will be offered to me. So unlike the Tesla PCP, we are exposed to APR increases. Did you get the same information and are you happy to take the risk of future APR changes?
Interesting, and this wasn't my experience. FWIW I dealt with Katie at Forza, and she was absolutely fantastic.

My PCP through them was bankrolled by Santander, and the approval lasted 90 days, not 30 days. My Model Y collection date was (irritatingly!) on day 93, so I had to have the agreement "refreshed", which required me to sign a differently dated Santander proposal. This didn't hit my credit report as an additional hard search, and had no effect on my Experian or Equifax credit score at that time (I carefully manage my credit profile so know exactly what happens and when). The APR on the refresh didn't change, and all was well. The expected larger hit to my credit rating happened when the loan was drawn down on vehicle delivery; the first hard search made a very minor negative change of <10 score points but the draw down knocked me down 163 Experian points.

I'm wondering whether for vehicle purchases increasing numbers of lenders are now beginning to enforce 30 day approvals due to nervousness about inflation, interest rates and monetary policy responses....it's historically been reasonably usual for vehicle finance to be locked in at the point of ordering but when vehicles can take 12 months to be actually delivered there's obviously a credit and APR risk that the lenders are carrying ... which they're just going to pass onto the end customer eventually.

Given Black Horse and Tesla FS both seem to be going this way, maybe this is the 'new normal' and ordering a vehicle these days means you won't know whether you'll be able to afford it until you get allocated a VIN ... at which point it's probably fine to apply for finance at the rate then in force. But this is conjecture and definitely not what happened to me.

unlike the Tesla PCP, we are exposed to APR increases

I've heard conflicting reports on whether this is true or not. And regardless, I think balancing possible APR increases against the massively better GFV might well mean it's cheaper through Forza 3rd party finance anyway. Judgement call that, I think.