Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stumbled across this forum by accident and have just about got up to date with the discussion on here. Some really useful information and advice; thank you for the stuff I've picked up reading it.

I ordered a MYLR (white/black/20's) in late March via LoveElectric salary sacrifice (via Lex). Had a text with an order number on 1st April and an email asking me to download app. I cannot see the order on the app as its a lease? I have had a wall connector installed and added it to the app successfully.

Although I'm getting a but frustrated by the wait as I was initially told May, I'm enjoying watching the value of my current car increasing each month. I intend to blow the equity in my current car on a holiday once the car arrives; however, I want to take the holiday in October and am now beginning to wonder if it'll be here by then!

Hope all your cars come soon and you enjoy them once they are here!

Jamie
I have ordered 23-Apr and got EDD of 09-Sep to 30-Sep. I think it is highly likely Tesla will allocate your vehicle before 30-Sep (although your color is very popular and that may work against you). Hopefully you will get it before your vacation in October.

Reactions: Toblerone
Anyone else been updated to a blank EDD? Mine was transferred over to the lease company last week (after ordering 27th April) and had a 5 September - start October EDD but since I'm now blind with the lease company having the order I thought I'd check with Tesla chat.

Apparently it's been 'updated' to a blank EDD and I should keep an eye on my messages and it'll be September or November as they don't deliver in October (usually Tesla spiel from what I've seen on this forum). I'm ok with the wait and know there are lots in front of me but having a blank EDD according to Tesla has worried me... especially after just transferring to lease company! @Darreno - think you're in the same boat with same spec and order just before me... what's your EDD... do Tesla chat tell you you have one?!

Stumbled across this forum by accident and have just about got up to date with the discussion on here. Some really useful information and advice; thank you for the stuff I've picked up reading it.

I ordered a MYLR (white/black/20's) in late March via LoveElectric salary sacrifice (via Lex). Had a text with an order number on 1st April and an email asking me to download app. I cannot see the order on the app as its a lease? I have had a wall connector installed and added it to the app successfully.

Although I'm getting a but frustrated by the wait as I was initially told May, I'm enjoying watching the value of my current car increasing each month. I intend to blow the equity in my current car on a holiday once the car arrives; however, I want to take the holiday in October and am now beginning to wonder if it'll be here by then!

Hope all your cars come soon and you enjoy them once they are here!

Jamie
Almost identical spec, and order process to me. My lease order was confirmed by Tesla on the 4th April and the original EDD was May, I sold my car a while back though. I'm confident we'll see ours early September, although yours might be delivered by Lex so could be a week or 2 later.

Almost identical spec, and order process to me. My lease order was confirmed by Tesla on the 4th April and the original EDD was May, I sold my car a while back though. I'm confident we'll see ours early September, although yours might be delivered by Lex so could be a week or 2 later.
I'm so pleased I didn't sell my car; I was really close to doing it. I hope you get your car soon. I am having mine delivered (whenever that may be) and am not selling my current car until the MY is on the drive!

Reactions: Toblerone
211229B8-A241-43F4-AEF9-D352BE0947B2.jpeg

For whatever reason, I just checked my Tesla app and it seems my EDD has narrowed to within 4 days!!

June order, still no VIN in source code. Doing my best not to get too excited as I know this can change at any minute

View attachment 832637
For whatever reason, I just checked my Tesla app and it seems my EDD has narrowed to within 4 days!!

June order, still no VIN in source code. Doing my best not to get too excited as I know this can change at any minute
Generally EDDs don’t hold any weight until you are assigned a VIN that appears in the source code. Many had a 4 day window at the end of June (End of Q) then were moved to September. My MYLR EDD went from May, June, then 3 narrowing dates in June then September. I wouldn’t get excited just yet, or you will enter the EDD emotional rollercoaster.

Cars for the end of September are probably not even built yet.

Hopefully you do get a car by the end of Q3 though, fingers crossed for you.

Last edited:
Anyone else been updated to a blank EDD? Mine was transferred over to the lease company last week (after ordering 27th April) and had a 5 September - start October EDD but since I'm now blind with the lease company having the order I thought I'd check with Tesla chat.

Apparently it's been 'updated' to a blank EDD and I should keep an eye on my messages and it'll be September or November as they don't deliver in October (usually Tesla spiel from what I've seen on this forum). I'm ok with the wait and know there are lots in front of me but having a blank EDD according to Tesla has worried me... especially after just transferring to lease company! @Darreno - think you're in the same boat with same spec and order just before me... what's your EDD... do Tesla chat tell you you have one?!
Yes, give your RN to the Tesla live chat and they update you. Many had blank EDDs in June and then received a vin, I wouldn’t panic.

Reactions: Fezza
Generally EDDs don’t hold any weight until you are assigned a VIN that appears in the source code. Many had a 4 day window at the end of June (End of Q) then were moved to September. My MYLR EDD went from May, June, then 3 narrowing dates in June then September. I wouldn’t get excited just yet, or you will enter the EDD emotional rollercoaster.

Cars for the end of September are probably not even built yet.

Hopefully you do get a car by the end of Q3 though, fingers crossed for you.
Ah this makes a lot of sense lol. Thanks for the clarification.

I know the dates can be sporadic so I’ll try stay calm and just hope I get the car this year😂

Reactions: Darreno
I am a fan of the black interior but not of the wooden trim, so I reached out to a well known EV dealership to enquire about how much a black trim would be. It's around £400 with fitting. Seemingly the trims on the model Y now also come with the door trims as well and as a result are bit trickier to fit so they need to be fitted at the shop and can't be shipped out.