Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok
Stumbled across this forum by accident and have just about got up to date with the discussion on here. Some really useful information and advice; thank you for the stuff I've picked up reading it.

I ordered a MYLR (white/black/20's) in late March via LoveElectric salary sacrifice (via Lex). Had a text with an order number on 1st April and an email asking me to download app. I cannot see the order on the app as its a lease? I have had a wall connector installed and added it to the app successfully.

Although I'm getting a but frustrated by the wait as I was initially told May, I'm enjoying watching the value of my current car increasing each month. I intend to blow the equity in my current car on a holiday once the car arrives; however, I want to take the holiday in October and am now beginning to wonder if it'll be here by then!

Hope all your cars come soon and you enjoy them once they are here!

Jamie
hi Jamie, how strange that I’ve ordered the exact same spec through Lex, with the exact same order and RN dates! Do you have any further advance dates wise? As my order is still stuck in May!

Tesla online chat said I’d have it by the end of September, but I’m really not convinced! Lex are useless! Fingers crossed we have a twin pair of cars on the way!

This forum is great, but also frustrating as a lease customer as can’t track EDD/VIN like most!

View attachment 832637
For whatever reason, I just checked my Tesla app and it seems my EDD has narrowed to within 4 days!!

June order, still no VIN in source code. Doing my best not to get too excited as I know this can change at any min

Ok

hi Jamie, how strange that I’ve ordered the exact same spec through Lex, with the exact same order and RN dates! Do you have any further advance dates wise? As my order is still stuck in May!

Tesla online chat said I’d have it by the end of September, but I’m really not convinced! Lex are useless! Fingers crossed we have a twin pair of cars on the way!

This forum is great, but also frustrating as a lease customer as can’t track EDD/VIN like most!
Hi, great spec choice ;) I'm probably even more in the dark than you as I can't even deal with Lex as I'm going through a salary sacrifice company, who in turn go through Lex.

I've decided to try and forget about it, but now I've found this forum I realise how close to the front of the queue we must be. I've never seen a live chat option on the tesla website, but might give that a try.

Hope we are driving them soon!

Ok

I ordered via Lex and got my RN on 24 April, not sure how but Lex are stating the car will be delivered to me on 10 September - who knows!?

My EDD just came forward from 5-30 September, to 19 August - 2 September, and I now have a VIN assigned in my source code (LRWYHCEK4NC406XXX).

So I'm guessing I've probably picked up a canceled/bumped order that's currently on board the Morning Chorus.

UK, Model Y LR White/White/20" wheels, ordered 5 March, collection location Birmingham NEC.

My EDD just came forward from 5-30 September, to 19 August - 2 September, and I now have a VIN assigned in my source code (LRWYHCEK4NC406XXX).

So I'm guessing I've probably picked up a canceled/bumped order that's currently on board the Morning Chorus.

UK, Model Y LR White/White/20" wheels, ordered 5 March, collection location Birmingham NEC.
So exciting for you, congrats! There's quite a few of us with roughly the same EDD and I'm sure there will be others who cancel/delay (maybe waiting for the newer September reg plate) so doubt this will be the last one brought forward!

Reactions: Toblerone
So exciting for you, congrats! There's quite a few of us with roughly the same EDD and I'm sure there will be others who cancel/delay (maybe waiting for the newer September reg plate) so doubt this will be the last one brought forward!
Thanks! Now I'll have to see what revised trade-in figure Tesla come back with for my M3P, sadly I fear it's going to be a fair bit less than back in March when they were offering frankly silly money. Too huge a drop and it could be touch and go, but hopefully it'll work out. Very keen to get in a Y TBH, as is my other half.

Very exciting - I am moving from a 2021 M3LR to a 2022 MY and have spoken to Tesla UK informing them that I am easy on collection location and would take the car in red rather than just the blue I specified. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that maybe there will be some who hold out for a 72 plate and I can snag an early car off Morning Chorus.

Very exciting - I am moving from a 2021 M3LR to a 2022 MY and have spoken to Tesla UK informing them that I am easy on collection location and would take the car in red rather than just the blue I specified. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that maybe there will be some who hold out for a 72 plate and I can snag an early car off Morning Chorus.
When you say you spoke to Tesla, how did you do this (live chat/phone etc.?) I'd also be happy to tell them that I'd accept a different colour or perhaps a longer drive to Southampton. Do you think they really actually truly take note of things like this?

Isn't red more expensive than blue though? you would have to pay a bit more?

When you say you spoke to Tesla, how did you do this (live chat/phone etc.?) I'd also be happy to tell them that I'd accept a different colour or perhaps a longer drive to Southampton. Do you think they really actually truly take note of things like this?
I spoke with them on the phone giving my reservation number and informed them that I was flexible on location and that I would be prepared to take and pay for a more expensive red MY. They have this noted on their system but whether it will make any difference I am unsure. I am trading in the M3LR so I suspect if they want that with the current 16,000 miles on the clock then they will expedite. If not, my EDD is September 6 -30 and hopefully that will be honoured.

Reactions: adambg

Not sure you got a cancelled order to move forward, maybe they were just conservative with the EDD. I think you must be very close to the front of the queue on the next batch to arrive. I ordered the same spec as you on 15th March and lucky to have collected 24th June, but my pick-up was from Manchester. You ordered before me, so location might have had something to do with it. Having had a couple of M3’s previously, the Y is great! Especially white on white with the inductions.

Reactions: Toblerone
I have been a long time lurker, and now the delivery dates seem to be moving again I was wondering if anyone else is in a similar boat to me.

I ordered through Tesla directly, and then chosen the ALD finance option back in April. I was immediately approved for finance, and ALD have confirmed they are just waiting on Tesla. However the checklist since April hasn't had the 'Payment' section marked as done. I get a text from Tesla about once a week asking me to complete the checklist 'otherwise it could delay the order' however when I do I always call them and they always confirm that the order is in place and that the finance team will deal with it soon - it is just concerning me because my EDD hasn't changed whilst it seems other people with a similar order time to me have had dates move or get updated!

It is just concerning me because my EDD hasn't changed whilst it seems other people with a similar order time to me have had dates move or get updated!
….Some of us do not even have an EDD and have to rely on everyone else with similar order dates / specs and updating whilst hoping and praying our orders are carried along with the same wave….

But we are not bitter, are we?