Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mind citing your reliable sources?

I only ask because I don't think this has actually been factually confirmed - but I do trust that Bjorn, Thomas from Autogefuhl and R Symons (all 3 have said they feel the difference) do know their stuff. I'd love to see it confirmed though, as that will make for a very juicy quarter of deliveries with some cars being produced before and after upgrades.

Some people will wait for new plates or not care because summer is over, but I would simply want mine sooner rather than later.
R Symons commented the MYP from Germany have softer suspension (which is odd for a sportier version), and the MIG cars seem to be a quarter ahead of China design wise (based on when parcel shelves appeared). Having said that I haven’t seen anyone complain about the suspension in the Q2 delivery thread, so it may have already been tweaked.

p.s. please don’t ask me for a link, I have watched far too many model y videos on YouTube to be able to narrow it down more than R Symons lol😂

R Symons commented the MYP from Germany have softer suspension (which is odd for a sportier version), and the MIG cars seem to be a quarter ahead of China design wise (based on when parcel shelves appeared). Having said that I haven’t seen anyone complain about the suspension in the Q2 delivery thread, so it may have already been tweaked.

p.s. please don’t ask me for a link, I have watched far too many model y videos on YouTube to be able to narrow it down more than R Symons lol😂
I watch FAR too many too! Last night I was having an internal cry to my partner saying "I'm so sick of watching these damn videos! I just want our car now so I can stop watching them!"

I watch FAR too many too! Last night I was having an internal cry to my partner saying "I'm so sick of watching these damn videos! I just want our car now so I can stop watching them!"
I never thought I’d do more mileage on YouTube that in an actual car!

There does seem to be a significant lack of “family” or kid/car-seat related videos (especially in the UK) if anyone is looking to make a few quid on the side. I guess the retiree has more time to mess around with stuff like this compared to someone with small kids 😆

I too believed that rejections will be automatically allocated ! Does not seems to be true as I have at least one example (which may be an exception )

I expect a few more rejections against August delivery as many may be waiting for Sept plate. Also for a few , as the summer will be soon be behind us, they are fine to have the car in the next quarter. Also some reliable sources suggesting that the next quarter model-Y has better suspension
My Q2 MY has splendid suspension, far far more compliant than the vehicle I test drove in Q1.

I know that we should be positive about deliveries, but at the moment I feel like just giving up the expectation of my car ever arriving as a joke.. I ordered on the last day of March, so order shows April 1st. I was originally given a June / July delivery. This window then closed down to just 5 days 25-30th June. Just 3 weeks before delivery it then changed to Sept - Oct... recently it went to 6th Sept - 30th Sept.... But as I am now seeing people who ordered the same Spec, (RED/BLACK/20) in May / June being given confirmed pickup slots and VINs, it makes me wonder if I will get mine! I am going directly via Tesla and to them it is a cash purchase so there is not middleman to mess things up... I know people will defend Tesla with talk of global shortages / lockdowns etc... but really how difficult is it to assign expectations and at least deliver in some sort of chronological order.

Reactions: ElsDee and WllXM
I never thought I’d do more mileage on YouTube that in an actual car!

There does seem to be a significant lack of “family” or kid/car-seat related videos (especially in the UK) if anyone is looking to make a few quid on the side. I guess the retiree has more time to mess around with stuff like this compared to someone with small kids 😆
If mine ever turns up I'll be happy to make enough for a new YouTube lol...

I know that we should be positive about deliveries, but at the moment I feel like just giving up the expectation of my car ever arriving as a joke.. I ordered on the last day of March, so order shows April 1st. I was originally given a June / July delivery. This window then closed down to just 5 days 25-30th June. Just 3 weeks before delivery it then changed to Sept - Oct... recently it went to 6th Sept - 30th Sept.... But as I am now seeing people who ordered the same Spec, (RED/BLACK/20) in May / June being given confirmed pickup slots and VINs, it makes me wonder if I will get mine! I am going directly via Tesla and to them it is a cash purchase so there is not middleman to mess things up... I know people will defend Tesla with talk of global shortages / lockdowns etc... but really how difficult is it to assign expectations and at least deliver in some sort of chronological order.
Where have you seen people from the UK who ordered direct from Tesla in May/June with the exact spec as you receiving a VIN?

I have not personally seen this happen with my specs. Unless its a lease order that bulk buys early.

I have ordered in Mid march and now I see people who ordered same spec in april/may/june has confirmed earlier EDDs, which is super weird. It is what it is unfortunately.

Reactions: Hippo-Rugby
Where have you seen people from the UK who ordered direct from Tesla in May/June with the exact spec as you receiving a VIN?

I have not personally seen this happen with my specs. Unless its a lease order that bulk buys early.
On Y Forum Facebook but they may have been from lease company, but if it is case that single buyers go to the back of the queue each time then there is no point in hoping I will get it..

For what it's worth, i've only seen a couple of people who have ordered my spec car in Feb, who were jumped in Q2 by people who ordered in March. To date, i've not seen anybody's comment where they ordered the same spec car after me and get it before me.

Obviously i look at people with the same spec car as me (#TeamBlue) so can't say for other specs - but i'm not seeing lots of queue jumping happening in the UK

And my EDD is taken with a big bag of salt right now...

On Y Forum Facebook but they may have been from lease company, but if it is case that single buyers go to the back of the queue each time then there is no point in hoping I will get it..
Lease companies buy in bulk orders at the start of Q's then hand them to their customers. As RN's are based on a first come first serve, that would make sense for someone picking up a lease order on an early RN. Any bulk lease buy after your order date will get the car after you.

I'm sure there is lease companies right now holding RN's from Feb still for someone to snag up.

I also assume lease companies are limited on how many they can buy at any one time. My friend ordered direct with Tesla a MYLR MSM black 20s on 15th March, he received the car in June.

As for EDDs, best ignored and to not put any weight on them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Toblerone
Even though the options list for Tesla is Tiny compared to other autos, when you think of all the physical combinations (discounting the Software options), it can still add up.

Colours = 5
Interior = 2
Wheels = 2

5 x 2 x 2 = 20 manufacturing batches (I’m dumb at maths, someone tell me if I’ve got this (calculating combinations) wrong).

So unless you are seeing people with the EXACT match to you, it really is going to be difficult to tell whether there is genuine queue jumping going on.

Lots of people speculate that other factors (such as software options, payment methods, trade ins, location of pickup, whether you’ve made a sacrifice to Elon, etc.) can all have an impact. But I think they try to keep it as simple as possible (and I’m sure in some cases it’s not that easy to keep it simple).

Fwiw, I called today (after calling on Saturday 🙈) and got the same message: wait a few weeks as ships for the UK start departing, they’ll be allocating over the next few weeks so still plenty of hope for us (I’m in the same proverbial boat btw…).

Last edited:
Can't agree more on this

Reactions: WW7490
Mind citing your reliable sources?

I only ask because I don't think this has actually been factually confirmed - but I do trust that Bjorn, Thomas from Autogefuhl and R Symons (all 3 have said they feel the difference), and they all know their stuff! I'd love to see it confirmed though, as that will make for a very juicy quarter of deliveries with some cars being produced before and after upgrades.

Some people will wait for new plates or not care because summer is over, but I would simply want mine sooner rather than later.
I have seen that in twitter , this was in combination with a software change introduced with 2022.20 (adaptive suspension) .Think I have also seen that in this forum (company & tech forum ) of TMC