Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Out of interest has anyone started buying their accessories yet?

I’m wondering how early is too early😅I’ve seen a lot of items come back into stock too, including first party floor mats.
Bought the Spigen screen protector from Amazon as they tend to go out of stock closer to delivery dates.

Anyone suggest good all weather mats. Tesla don’t have the MY ones on their shop (they do have them on the US shop). I have the M3 ones from Tesla and they are great quality, so would like similar for the MY)

Bought the Spigen screen protector from Amazon as they tend to go out of stock closer to delivery dates.

Anyone suggest good all weather mats. Tesla don’t have the MY ones on their shop (they do have them on the US shop). I have the M3 ones from Tesla and they are great quality, so would like similar for the MY)

Definitely got the screen protector on my list and I’ve been looking for some solid mats so I’m interested in the recommendations too

I ordered the accessories yesterday from Tessories in order to beat the queues and potential price increase due to all the news about inflation. I expect there will be a rush in the next few days as people are allocated their VINs and then items may not be in stock. Wanted to have all weather floor mats because of the kids. I purchased the 3D mats from Tessories. Did not do too much research, but they appear to fit the bill.

Model 3/Y Console Accessory Trays

I ordered the centre console trays... they were out of stock for ages but back now.

I have them in my Model 3 and are essential in my view, otherwise the centre console is just 2 massive bins which are not really usable for glasses etc

Just ordered them, now they’ll be forever be a reminder that my Model Y isn’t here yet😂

Reactions: Toblerone and pevz
This guy has suggested the MY suspension at Shanghai has been tuned recently and is improved. (15:40)

If suspension is better than the test car I drove (which was good for me as I’ve been on bmw runflats on various cars for past 16 years) then I’m gonna be a very happy bunny. As a package the model y ticks every box and no other car came close to it. Please Santa or Elon, deliver my car this quarter- I’ve been a very good boy since May 1st. I promise to look after her and wash her every week.

I’m wondering how early is too early😅I’ve seen a lot of items come back into stock too, including first party floor mats.
Decided that I don't want to jinx it and will not order anything before the car is actually here.
Won't need all weather mats until the very wet season (so from Nov).
At least I will have something else to look forward to and refresh shipping info everyday once the car gets here! :D

Reactions: ROTA
I expect VIN notifications will start arriving tomorrow evening connected to glovis companion, and will continue to end of this week. It already feels like exam results week, you want to look but also feel like shying away just in case it’s bad news 🙈. In the end, none of us actually mind the queue which is shorter than other car companies. What we do absolutely mind is when folks who order much later than us, get their cars before us. Let’s hope all the feb guys get theirs and then March is fully allocated and so on. If early May get theirs I will be chuffed as it will match the original order EDD which I got. I will be raging mad if someone who ordered in June got theirs before me. Queue skipping, regardless of circumstances or reason, is just not British.
How do you calculate it would start tomorrow evening? Is that just based on when the other batches of VINs have started appearing relative to when ships leave Shanghai? I'm still trying to learn it all!

Reactions: Toblerone
How do you calculate it would start tomorrow evening? Is that just based on when the other batches of VINs have started appearing relative to when ships leave Shanghai? I'm still trying to learn it all!
I don't think it's an exact science but seems VINs have been issued earlier than normal recently...for example Mr M got his VIN very soon after the ship his car was on left Shanghai last month.

So in theory anyone whose car is on Glovis Companion could start to see hidden VIN any day now.

Model 3/Y Console Accessory Trays

I ordered the centre console trays... they were out of stock for ages but back now.

I have them in my Model 3 and are essential in my view, otherwise the centre console is just 2 massive bins which are not really usable for glasses etc
This seems really useful. Do we know for sure the MY will ship with the '2 massive bin' setup or is there any chance it will have changed and we won't need the centre consoles? If I knew for sure I would need the trays (as you say, they are basically essential) they I would also order them now in advance

If suspension is better than the test car I drove (which was good for me as I’ve been on bmw runflats on various cars for past 16 years) then I’m gonna be a very happy bunny. As a package the model y ticks every box and no other car came close to it. Please Santa or Elon, deliver my car this quarter- I’ve been a very good boy since May 1st. I promise to look after her and wash her every week.
Don’t make a promise to wash the car every week. With the current weather in the UK, you never know when a hosepipe ban may be imposed 😂😂

I ordered a whole bunch of accessories back in March when I first put an order in for a Model 3. Thankfully, all of them (bar the wheel caps) are transferable :)

Oh please COMPANION be my companion!