Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also ordered end of July. EDD was November 22nd to January 6th. It changed yesterday to November 15th to December 30th. Not a big change but I was surprised to see it narrow down.
I don't know when I'll be seeing mine. Its through a lease company. When I called tesla they advised likely December but can be January to March. I've had no other communication. I think the lease company gets all the details, and they are as helpful as a frog. No official delivery dates.

Had some disappointing news today, Octopus decided to tell me they’ve revised my EDD to mid December (ordered logged with Tesla on 29/04/2022)

Spoke to Emma via web chat, and according to Tesla, they still have my EDD as September.

Based on the fact we still have RCC Antwerp and Glovis Companion still to reach Suez, I’m still hopeful 🤞

How many #TeamBlue members have their VIN’s?

Reactions: DrPhlegm
It appears vins didn’t start to rain down in showers but in one big tropical storm. So barring some late reallocations from folks who no longer want to go through with purchase, it feels we are now sniffing out another boat leaving in next few days. Not sure how many “queue weeks” were catered for from Glovis companion. Possibly just one month only from what I see and ending just into April orders. On the bright side, one more big load to UK might reach into start of May orders and, subject to colour combinations, it’s just still possible some of us may get positive news 3 days post a furure Shanghai departure. I feel a bit deflated but clearly the demand for model Y is really exceptional and the big lease companies and hertz etc are ordering tons of them too. Let’s hope the next 8 days sees another ship leave. 🙈

1. Over in the Shipping Movements thread Mr M gives regular updates on all shipping movement. He just posted today’s update

2. You can always see a live location of all ships of interest on this map.
Thanks - I feel suitably enlightened and will keep an eye on updates to that thread.

I note Mr M states ‘strongly suspects’ destination of Barcelona - still hope surely 😀.

Also, how clear is it that the allocations yesterday were for the cars on GLOVIS COMPANION and not the ships that are further ahead enroute?

Thanks - I feel suitably enlightened and will keep an eye on updates to that thread.

I note Mr M states ‘strongly suspects’ destination of Barcelona - still hope surely 😀.

Also, how clear is it that the allocations yesterday were for the cars on GLOVIS COMPANION and not the ships that are further ahead enroute?
Reading a little further up the Shipping Movements thread, since Q2 we’ve seen VINs assigned as early as after the ship departs Shanghai, which is why it’s assumed the same for Q3 and why we can believe the wave of assignments yesterday were for GLOVIS CHAMPION.

Of course, if you wish to keep hope then I’ll say this is all speculation and it could in fact be assignments for a ship closer to to the UK, but with Mr M and other contributor’s experience, I’ll personally take their word for it. If they’re wrong, then it’s a pleasant surprise.

Prior to yesterday, when was the last set of VIN allocations? I assume it was during the Q2 delivery window?
If that’s the case then the allocations yesterday will have to have included the enroute ships closer to Southampton wouldn’t they? Whether it also included COMPANION is, of course, the question.

That definitely can’t be all the VINs for Q3. This batch feels like it was really fulfilling the Q2 orders that were missed.

A few of us early May customers have still got September EDDs and some reassurance from Tesla that they expect to fulfil those orders this Q.
I feel inclined to agree. There's also likely a couple more boats coming to the UK this Q too. 🤞

Reactions: MattM76