Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Insurance for the MY has just been an ever growing price for me. Had quotes in June when I was originally due delivery at £650, then I check again in July as that’s when I got told the delayed car would be delivered and got £1000. Now I have a Sept delivery date + VIN and I’ve settled on £1250 as the cheapest with Admiral And £5k at the most.

Honestly I get parts are hard to find etc but Jesus close to double in the space of 2 months?!

I’m 35, 11+ NCB, low mileage user too at 7k and held my license for 15+ years but all means nothing because I live in a suburb of London ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
As a M3SR+ owner I’ve just run a quote with my current provider (Admiral) and the MYLR is £46 cheaper…..despite being £20k more in value…..go figure.

One week on, same thought. No change for me last Friday...will it change today? This week has been more active than the previous so who knows what will happen! If anything happens, guess it won't be still about 3pm ish.
If Morning Chorus and Glovis Summit have allocated all their vins, i think we are waiting on GLOVIS COMPANION which should enter the Suez @ 23rd August i think, so maybe in just over a weeks time we can start looking forward to teh next flurry of vins?

Reactions: robmcm
If Morning Chorus and Glovis Summit have allocated all their vins, i think we are waiting on GLOVIS COMPANION which should enter the Suez @ 23rd August i think, so maybe in just over a weeks time we can start looking forward to teh next flurry of vins?
See most recent posts on Shipping thread. It appears the flurry of VINs earlier this week was from GLOVIS COMPANION. So I think the rest of us are waiting for cancellations, or the next UK-bound ship(s).

Other posts on this forum suggest the VIN-allocation which used to happen around Suez has (since Q2) happened earlier, closer to leaving Shanghai, which ties in with the theory the allocations earlier this week were from GLOVIS COMPANION.

It's highly likely that last flurry of VINs was for Glovis Companion. We won't see any more until the next 2 ships that are speculated.

Reactions: Toblerone
MC & GS didn’t just issue their VINs - they issued them weeks ago near Singapore.
We know this as there were no other known ships enroute when VINs were issued - they are the first ships of the quarter carrying cars to be delivered this month.

Therefore most believe that the recent VINs this week are from G Companion.

The hope is that not all were issued (seemingly unlikely as no new vins for last few days), or that there is another load of RHD coming to UK, backed by Sept EDDs not moving and informal assurances from Tesla agents over phone / text / chat.

MC & GS didn’t just issue their VINs - they issued them weeks ago near Singapore.
We know this as there were no other known ships enroute when VINs were issued - they are the first ships of the quarter carrying cars to be delivered this month.

The hope is that not all were issued (seemingly unlikely as no new vins for last few days), or that there is another load of RHD coming to UK, backed by Sept EDDs not moving and informal assurances from Tesla agents over phone / text / chat.
No Hidden VIN for me as yet but have EDD of 05-19 Sept

ok cool , thanks for the clarification.

MY LR MSM/black/19 .Have a reg number and home delivery on 1st Sept.Received a text from Tesla requesting full payment.
On my invoice it states
Payment terms: Paid in full 3 days after invoice issue date. Enter the
reference number when executing the transaction.
Another Tesla text . We have recently made a change to our invoicing process to align with our delivery process.
Payment is due 3 days after invoice is issued.Is this normal?

MY LR MSM/black/19 .Have a reg number and home delivery on 1st Sept.Received a text from Tesla requesting full payment.
On my invoice it states
Payment terms: Paid in full 3 days after invoice issue date. Enter the
reference number when executing the transaction.
Another Tesla text . We have recently made a change to our invoicing process to align with our delivery process.
Payment is due 3 days after invoice is issued.Is this normal?
Full payment expected 2 weeks before delivery? wow.

As we lucky ones approach T Day , my thoughts turned to insurance and also the possibility of arranging for a partial PPF and/or ceramic ( a new car detail, from what I have seen swirlywise, maybe a minimum requirement, though I am always ready to be pleasantly surprised..)

So, I made a couple of calls yesterday to Direct Line and my current insurer Admiral.

I have related the results in the above mentioned thread. It's a bit over long (surprise surprise) and degenerates into something of a diatribe but you might find the relevant bits of interest.
I can’t seem to open the details on your original post - would you kindly be able to share?

I can’t seem to open the details on your original post - would you kindly be able to share?
It wont open for me either; might be blocked/deleted by the forum because it might represent advertising. I can't actual remember what I said😱

Whatever I passed on, I had gleaned from the net and my conversations with LV and Admiral sales who seemed OK with the PPF on the front. However, I doubt they would pay for its replacement but I'm OK with carrying that risk myself.
LV recognise PPF and will cover it (so to speak) for an increased premium.

However, with things moving fast in the EV world and PPF protection on the increase, the insurance companies' approach is probably evolving also. At the time, Direct Line, acting as Tesla insurance in the UK would not insure a PPF'd car... go figure....

So, fresh research might be a good way to go.

It wont open for me either; might be blocked/deleted by the forum because it might represent advertising. I can't actual remember what I said😱

Whatever I passed on, I had gleaned from the net and my conversations with LV and Admiral sales who seemed OK with the PPF on the front. However, I doubt they would pay for its replacement but I'm OK with carrying that risk myself.
LV recognise PPF and will cover it (so to speak) for an increased premium.

However, with things moving fast in the EV world and PPF protection on the increase, the insurance companies' approach is probably evolving also. At the time, Direct Line, acting as Tesla insurance in the UK would not insure a PPF'd car... go figure....

So, fresh research might be a good way to go.
Very interesting thanks very much! I’d never really considered it a modification until looking in to it.

Hi all, has anybody with a Model Y, Black, 20" Wheels and White Interior, (Ordered start of April) been given any VIN news? I just spoke with Tesla chat and apparently, I have been assigned a VIN, but they won't give it to me and say that "The team will reach out later with your VIN and appointment details."

Not sure if I should start to get excited or this is just what they are saying currently...

Reactions: KingOfMexico
Hi all, has anybody with a Model Y, Black, 20" Wheels and White Interior, (Ordered start of April) been given any VIN news? I just spoke with Tesla chat and apparently, I have been assigned a VIN, but they won't give it to me and say that "The team will reach out later with your VIN and appointment details."

Not sure if I should start to get excited or this is just what they are saying currently...
If you have a VIN assigned, your car is on a ship. I'd say you can get excited.

Use the link below to see if you have a 'hidden' VIN

Pushing my hopium quota for the day to the forum: somewhere in this picture are many of our cars... I have to believe Q3 is going to sign off with a bang! 🥂🍻

1660303201916.png