Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received my VIN and EDD from my lease company this morning (Lex). My delivery window is 31/08 - 17/09. If Glovis Companion isnt arriving till after the earliest day of my window then i'm not quite sure which boat i'm on. Pickup is from NEC.

Do you think I could still be on Companion?
given the infamous randomness of EDD I would say yet it is possible.
having said that I have the same pickup and I think I am on Companion and my window is 5th to 19th so who knows.
Maybe I am at the back of the boat and you are at the front :)

• Funny
Reactions: Toppyawe and adambg
Here's hoping. A month to get here it will be pushing my EDD of September 15-30 given the time it will take to offload.
Companion left last Saturday so if challenge leaves Wednesday (takes 2 days to load) then it’ll be 11 days behind so expect it would arrive 12th-14th of month. Plenty time I’d say. I may suggest to Tesla I could pick up further south if it would help- to save getting knocked back to Q4.

Companion left last Saturday so if challenge leaves Wednesday (takes 2 days to load) then it’ll be 11 days behind so expect it would arrive 12th-14th of month. Plenty time I’d say. I may suggest to Tesla I could pick up further south if it would help- to save getting knocked back to Q4.
We still don't know if she's passing through the UK yet right? And if she is, is she going to be more laden with EU cars or UK do you reckon? I hope there's another ship that appears on the horizon over the next few days as so to increase all of our chances.

Decided to just sit patiently and hope, will bury myself in work as figure that's the best way to make time fly by before either confirmation i'm going to be a Q3 baby or not.

Reactions: Toblerone and NP90
So *if* GLOVIS CHALLENGE leaves on Wednesday and *if* she is coming to UK, and *if* VINs get assigned roughly the same point as they did with GLOVIS COMPANION, then we would expect the next flurry of VIN allocations to take place this Saturday/Sunday! Nail-biting time.

So ordered on the 20th April after Tesla messed up my original order and its been stuck for well over a month, Estimated Delivery: September 05 - September 30. Just checking my account details for the millionth time and it says "We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration." But what does profile submission" refer too please ? I assume all purchases are treated the same, cash, pcp lease ect? Or does this mean just having all the tasks completed to activate an order fully?

Is Tesla.com broken for anyone else? My account seems messed up. That’s a blue M3. No access to any sections.

27A81431-3833-4C49-A93E-AA787AB8C92A.png

given the infamous randomness of EDD I would say yet it is possible.
having said that I have the same pickup and I think I am on Companion and my window is 5th to 19th so who knows.
Maybe I am at the back of the boat and you are at the front :)
Thanks, and you may be right on the position on the boat!! My EDD also spans whether its a 22 plate or 72 plate, so it's a weird one. I'm not really bothered either way though. I just told Tesla i'm willing to travel further south if that brings my delivery sooner

Is Tesla.com broken for anyone else? My account seems messed up. That’s a blue M3. No access to any sections.

View attachment 841176
Is yours a lease order with Tesla/ALD? I have the same thing. Called Tesla earlier to check if anything had gone wrong and was told this has happened as my order is now 'ALD approved' and soft matched to a vehicle. This transfers the vehicle to ALD and I won't see it on tesla.com again now until after delivery.

So it's a good thing I guess. Was also advised hard matching will happen as the ship is en route (as we know!) and I should just keep an eye on EDD in the app/wait for them to contact me about delivery.

All-in-all I think it may point to an imminent UK ship..? 🤞👍

Spoke to Tesla and have them my RN number this morning to be told that my order has a note on it saying do not match (to VIN) until Nov! Tesla said this was a request from my lease company so I have gone back to them to see if they can remove this. The lease company don’t seem to know anything about it. Anyone else has this??

Reactions: MattM76
Is yours a lease order with Tesla/ALD? I have the same thing. Called Tesla earlier to check if anything had gone wrong and was told this has happened as my order is now 'ALD approved' and soft matched to a vehicle. This transfers the vehicle to ALD and I won't see it on tesla.com again now until after delivery.

So it's a good thing I guess. Was also advised hard matching will happen as the ship is en route (as we know!) and I should just keep an eye on EDD in the app/wait for them to contact me about delivery.

Yes, it's with ALD. I did wonder if this meant things had moved along. Potentially excellent news!

Reactions: Dwards

Yes, it's with ALD. I did wonder if this meant things had moved along. Potentially excellent news!

Sorry to potentially burst your bubbles @MattM76 @Dwards but I checked my account when you posted the screenshot and it did the same for me, but mine is a direct order with Tesla, not a lease. Mine was like that for about 20 mins but works again now, so I guess for me it was just an intermittent website issue.

Tesla's explanation to you sounds potentially plausible but I'd take anything you're ever told by any of their staff with a pinch of salt, given the number of times people on here have been told different things (sometimes complete opposite things) by different Tesla staff.

• Funny
Reactions: Dwards and MattM76
So *if* GLOVIS CHALLENGE leaves on Wednesday and *if* she is coming to UK, and *if* VINs get assigned roughly the same point as they did with GLOVIS COMPANION, then we would expect the next flurry of VIN allocations to take place this Saturday/Sunday! Nail-biting time.
And if not this ship, but another with UK MYLRs leaves, it needs to do so by Friday or Saturday and that means VINS around Tuesday or Wednesday next week. So, we might get good news this weekend or a few days after. If nothing by Thursday next week then set alarm for mid November and check out some Christmas jumpers to wear for December pick up.

And if not this ship, but another with UK MYLRs leaves, it needs to do so by Friday or Saturday and that means VINS around Tuesday or Wednesday next week. So, we might get good news this weekend or a few days after. If nothing by Thursday next week then set alarm for mid November and check out some Christmas jumpers to wear for December pick up.
Well I had tried to do some calculations a few days ago (see this post: 2022 Shipping Movements) and I think we have until 1st/2nd ish of September for another ship to leave Shanghai until it’s logistically too late.

Well I had tried to do some calculations a few days ago (see this post: 2022 Shipping Movements) and I think we have until 1st/2nd ish of September for another ship to leave Shanghai until it’s logistically too late.
You’re technically correct but they don’t usually ship European orders after ~20th of the middle month of Quarter. They need to get orders fulfilled for domestic markets and possibly some others like Aus/NZ. So as I said, next Thursday or Friday at latest for a VIN or else look out your Christmas jumper for Tesla’s arrival.

You’re technically correct but they don’t usually ship European orders after ~20th of the middle month of Quarter. They need to get orders fulfilled for domestic markets and possibly some others like Aus/NZ. So as I said, next Thursday or Friday at latest for a VIN or else look out your Christmas jumper for Tesla’s arrival.
Ah I see. Well I guess you're saying MORNING PEACE in Q2 was an anomaly rather than common practice. I only started following this forum in early June so wasn't aware of that. Ok well let's keep our fingers crossed for the next week or two!