Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Glovis challenge still showing docked at Shanghai. She’s been there a while- a dolly mixture of vehicles with multiple stops on the cards? Also Glovis sunrise is in vicinity (presumably waiting for challenge to clear). However, I agree that the queue is getting longer and perhaps Tesla will crank up prices to take the heat away.
I’m assuming you don’t mean increase prices for orders already placed?

Glovis challenge still showing docked at Shanghai. She’s been there a while- a dolly mixture of vehicles with multiple stops on the cards? Also Glovis sunrise is in vicinity (presumably waiting for challenge to clear). However, I agree that the queue is getting longer and perhaps Tesla will crank up prices to take the heat away.
They've mixed up a few of the ships this quarter so there's nothing to presume they won't be doing it again with Challenge or Sunrise (if they are continental Europe bound).

Semi-makes sense since it will mean they don't have to do an absolute MAD rush to deliver a boat load of cars to one market within, say, a 1 or 2 week period (they've done it before but doesn't mean that that wasn't a painful process for them - I'm sure they'd want to avoid that as much as possible).

Reactions: MattM76
When I asked for an update over SMS today.
"Hello Daniel,

Thank you for your message.

You have an estimated delivery window of September. You will receive an SMS message to log in and schedule your vehicle collection. Keep checking your account for updates too.

Have a great day.

Kind regards,

Ingrid"

I take the replies from the TAs with a large handul of salt but at least they're keeping the hope alive!

MYLR/Blue/white/19 ordered April 24th Edd 22-30 Sept
Bluewater pickup
No vin

"Hello Daniel,

You have an estimated delivery window of September. You will receive an SMS message to log in and schedule your vehicle collection. Keep checking your account for updates too.

Have a great day.

Kind regards,

Ingrid"

I take the replies from the TAs with a large handul of salt but at least they're keeping the hope alive!

Bluewater pickup
No vin
handful? more like a bucket :p

Reactions: Toblerone
handful? more like a bucket :p
GteOo9ZRa3P7aNphrboj0X6_QFHmNFbhoXRvbeIG5l0.jpg

This is the amount of salt I'm using at the minute.

TAs are like drug dealers, giving you just enough hopium to keep you hooked...

"Hello Daniel,

Have a great day.

Kind regards,

Ingrid"

Bluewater pickup
No vin
I think April orders are expected to be fulfilled, May perhaps, June and later unlikely.

"Hello Daniel,

Have a great day.

Kind regards,

Ingrid"

Bluewater pickup
No vin
Fingers crossed for you mate. My EDD is holding for more than a month at August 28-September 27 for a MYLR White/black/19 order placed April 25th. Bluewater pickup…
As you can imagine I’ve got no vin

Reactions: Toblerone
Got an email from lease company, Delivery December. no date range, just December. I got a feeling it'll move to Jan/Feb. :(

MYLR/Blue/Black/19 - RN 28/7
Delivery in the first month of the quarter (Jan) would be unlikely.

Anyway - welcome to #TeamBlue.
To help manage your expectations, I ordered on 20-April and have an EDD of September but no VIN yet.

MYLR Blue/Black/20s

Replying here from shipping thread. Yeah I agree. The feeling of disappointment is slowly eroding the small amount of hope I had and is digging it's roots deep down into my soul. I've now resigned myself to the fact the car won't arrive this quarter and I'm slowly quashing all those imaginary trips I was going to make in September from my mind.

It sucks because we get back to London after a week away in Greece on the 23rd of September, then we have a week extra holiday at home (last week of September). My partner's mum is visiting that week and would've just been... a dream (!) to be able to pick up the car and have fun for that whole week before getting back to work. Sadly, it sounds like it'll stay exactly that, just a dream.
I had a few hours off the forum yesterday and now trying to catch up. Everyone seems so glum and negative since I checked last 🤣 Did I miss something? If I'm right it seems that Mr M thinks GLOVIS CHALLENGE is going to South Korea, GLOVIS SPRING is not of interest, and GLOVIS SUNRISE is probably going to Europe.... i.e. we still don't know of any potential UK-bound ships? Is that right? I still think logistically we have another two weeks for a UK-bound ship to leave Shanghai so I'm not done hoping yet.

I understand your frustration and disappointment not having your car in time for your family visiting. We are expecting twins in November and I could really, really do with the bigger car by then! If it ends up being December we will cope but having it sooner would be nice!

I had a few hours off the forum yesterday and now trying to catch up. Everyone seems so glum and negative since I checked last 🤣 Did I miss something? If I'm right it seems that Mr M thinks GLOVIS CHALLENGE is going to South Korea, GLOVIS SPRING is not of interest, and GLOVIS SUNRISE is probably going to Europe.... i.e. we still don't know of any potential UK-bound ships? Is that right? I still think logistically we have another two weeks for a UK-bound ship to leave Shanghai so I'm not done hoping yet.

I understand your frustration and disappointment not having your car in time for your family visiting. We are expecting twins in November and I could really, really do with the bigger car by then! If it ends up being December we will cope but having it sooner would be nice!
Twins! Congrats🥳

Let’s hope your two delivery dates aren’t on the same date…

Haha yeah, I guess for me it's that every ship of interest that's announced, seems to be a ship where the destination is NOT the UK. So we know that Tesla are wanting to deliver to the UK with another ship in September but I think the sentiment is that, time might be running out for another boat to show up to fulfill. Still no word on where either of those two will head off to, but MrM suggests S. Korea and Barcelona respectively. You're right on the fact that there's still time!

And congrats on the twins!! And not that we're in trumping games, but sounds like you def need it more than my "I just want to drive around and have fun" "need" :D

Twins! Congrats🥳

Let’s hope your two delivery dates aren’t on the same date…

Haha! I think if that somehow happened we all know deep down what the right thing to do would be... it's just a shame my wife would have to go through labour on her own.

People do talk about the overwhelming feeling of joy on delivery day when you finally get your hands on your new baby, and I'm sure I will indeed feel that when I get to Staines.

I'm in the same boat as you, no pun intended!

We are due twins in December (two boys) and currently in desperate need for a bigger car!

Congrats!

Last edited:
I had a few hours off the forum yesterday and now trying to catch up.
I’m trying to remain positive - not easy when you hang around here.

Challenge is still docked and expected to leave imminently. We don’t know what she contains, so can only hope she sets sail for Suez.

Sunrise seems to be now heading in the right direction with purpose, so could take the berth left by Challenge.

Still lots of EDDs set for September that haven’t moved and reassuring noises coming out of service agents about the next two weeks.
There’s still a fair chance if you ask me, even for a ship after these two.