Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was sure the VINs from Challenge and sunrise would flow through on Monday and possibly into Tuesday. However, others seem to think challenge vins went out to EU today. If true then this quarter has fizzled out to a damp pop. The departures did get off to a slow start this Quarter and the factory has undoubtedly upped production but perhaps these have all been flowing into Aus/NZ as well as other RHD markets like Japan. This is proving to be a very popular car with insufficient production capacity to meet demand. Berlin is well behind expectation and more EU cars are still being sourced from China. I’m fully expecting to be bumped to Q4 now but with barely 1 month of the UK backlog met this quarter, I’d hate to have a late May or June order as these could find themselves being tipped into 2023. Don’t shoot me for asking but are there any other ev cars like the model y easier to get hold of?

I was sure the VINs from Challenge and sunrise would flow through on Monday and possibly into Tuesday. However, others seem to think challenge vins went out to EU today. If true then this quarter has fizzled out to a damp pop. The departures did get off to a slow start this Quarter and the factory has undoubtedly upped production but perhaps these have all been flowing into Aus/NZ as well as other RHD markets like Japan. This is proving to be a very popular car with insufficient production capacity to meet demand. Berlin is well behind expectation and more EU cars are still being sourced from China. I’m fully expecting to be bumped to Q4 now but with barely 1 month of the UK backlog met this quarter, I’d hate to have a late May or June order as these could find themselves being tipped into 2023. Don’t shoot me for asking but are there any other ev cars like the model y easier to get hold of?
This was published recently. Not sure how accurate it is but it might give you an idea. Sorry it's only a screenshot but I had sent it to Mrs McChimp and haven't bothered finding the webpage.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220819-115755_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220819-115755_Chrome.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 62
don’t lose hope, at least not until the end of next week. RHD specs we’re definitely seen in Shanghai South when Challenge / Sunrise were loading this week. Hopefully it’s a staggered vin release. Wait and see

This was published recently. Not sure how accurate it is but it might give you an idea. Sorry it's only a screenshot but I had sent it to Mrs McChimp and haven't bothered finding the webpage.
Thank you for this, it seems anything else that may have done just aren’t any better for delivery times. I suspect the Tesla estimates err on the optimistic side now. All good things come to those who wait and I did muck about a few weeks before placing the order.

Thank you for this, it seems anything else that may have done just aren’t any better for delivery times. I suspect the Tesla estimates err on the optimistic side now. All good things come to those who wait and I did muck about a few weeks before placing the order.
No problem we went to test drive a Kia Sportage PIH and were told for certain electrics and EVs they would not even take our order until march next year at earliest (then an unknown lead time after that!}. It was at that point we came home and ordered the Y. Wish we had done it back in may when we test drove but we didn't. Oh well.

The question is that if this is it and only one month has been met then what about next quarter? Will that take us to late April so anyone who ordered from mid May onwards would be looking at summer 23 which would be a huge increase in backlog and wait times.

The question is that if this is it and only one month has been met then what about next quarter? Will that take us to late April so anyone who ordered from mid May onwards would be looking at summer 23 which would be a huge increase in backlog and wait times.
It's got to get better no? Production ramp ups etc etc. I'm saying this because I ordered end July and want to get the car this year.

It's got to get better no? Production ramp ups etc etc. I'm saying this because I ordered end July and want to get the car this year.
Production was 1.4k per day in Q2 so just short of 129k in theory - that was obviously impacted by Covid.

Q3 production is 2k per day so around the 150k over the quarter (nothing for the first 15 days).

So production is ramping up significantly but appears to be having little or no impact on the waiting lists (in fact it feels like it's getting worse).

No idea if Tesla have prioritised China over the export market as they fully expected Berlin to be at a higher production rate by now.

There has to be more coming to the UK. A lot of us still have September EDDs and it makes no sense for Tesla to estimate that if all the cars were already now in the UK for this quarter.

Feels like we just need to wait until the end of this month, by which time all UK bound ships will have left and ( if following recent pattern) all VINs ( bar any order cancellations) will have been issued. At which point we can despair/ rejoice ( delete as applicable!) about Q3!

I still stick to the view ( and it is just a view!) that remaining April and some May orders will be fulfilled in Q3. Plenty of activity at Shanghai South in recent days ( and some more ships seemingly waiting to dock) to suggest that all hope is not lost.

I saw this also but didn't really see much VIN activity to be honest and it's normally at least 3 days before VINs are assigned but I could be

Feels like we just need to wait until the end of this month, by which time all UK bound ships will have left and ( if following recent pattern) all VINs ( bar any order cancellations) will have been issued. At which point we can despair/ rejoice ( delete as applicable!) about Q3!

I still stick to the view ( and it is just a view!) that remaining April and some May orders will be fulfilled in Q3. Plenty of activity at Shanghai South in recent days ( and some more ships seemingly waiting to dock) to suggest that all hope is not lost.
I hope we may see some action this week and I will be checking in during Texas work time, although I am not sure I will have a car in time to take my daughter to Uni and not sure my Mini has that big a boot. Perhaps we are all over analysing the shipping routes and we can get a more accurate idea when we see any new vin allocations compared to their order dates. I just watched a few more Tesla light shows to cheer me up.

Reactions: _Dave_
There has to be more coming to the UK. A lot of us still have September EDDs and it makes no sense for Tesla to estimate that if all the cars were already now in the UK for this quarter.
Well, my EDD really does appear to have dropped off the radar as it changed 2 weeks after my order and has been stuck there for 14 weeks. That it still shows 2nd to 30th September when many on here appear to get updates most weeks, shows my EDD cannot be taken as a good guide and they’d need to ship mine 500miles north- probably not a priority when trying to maximise deliveries before midnight 30th. 🙈on a brighter note, maybe mine will come from Germany in December🎅

I hope we may see some action this week and I will be checking in during Texas work time, although I am not sure I will have a car in time to take my daughter to Uni and not sure my Mini has that big a boot. Perhaps we are all over analysing the shipping routes and we can get a more accurate idea when we see any new vin allocations compared to their order dates. I just watched a few more Tesla light shows to cheer me up.
Perhaps you could get a 24hr test drive on a MYLR for the uni move- I feel you should be entitled to that given the length of your wait and being just beyond the group who’ve made it so far this Quarter. You’ll know by Friday if not before.

At least if you take her up in a mini, you’ll have a fighting chance of fitting the stuff she’ll accumulate in the MY on the return journey…

If they've barely covered a months worth of orders in Q3, I'd say it's pretty much impossible that they then fill 3.5 months worth of orders in Q4. I know that's a crap answer, I just can't imagine how they'd do it, even if we see another 2 weeks worth of orders covered with VINs next week.