Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If they've barely covered a months worth of orders in Q3, I'd say it's pretty much impossible that they then fill 3.5 months worth of orders in Q4. I know that's a crap answer, I just can't imagine how they'd do it, even if we see another 2 weeks worth of orders covered with VINs next week.
I know this is probably true but I'm ripped to the moobs on Hopium right now so refuse to take this in.

There's a distinct lack of hopium on this thread today! I might have rose tinted glasses - got a hidden VIN this week by reallocation for 20th Sept pickup but...GLOVIS COMPANION filled 5-6 weeks of orders up to the first week in April. There's a high chance that we get another full boat to the UK which should fill another 5-6 weeks which is mid-May orders. There are June orders with Sept EDDs so there's even chance that we get another full or part boat to make that a reality. My EDD was 1-30 Sept until I got the reallocation so don't read too much into the fact that yours hasn't changed for a while. Stiff upper lip and soldier on...

There's a distinct lack of hopium on this thread today! I might have rose tinted glasses - got a hidden VIN this week by reallocation for 20th Sept pickup but...GLOVIS COMPANION filled 5-6 weeks of orders up to the first week in April. There's a high chance that we get another full boat to the UK which should fill another 5-6 weeks which is mid-May orders. There are June orders with Sept EDDs so there's even chance that we get another full or part boat to make that a reality. My EDD was 1-30 Sept until I got the reallocation so don't read too much into the fact that yours hasn't changed for a while. Stiff upper lip and soldier on...
If they're full boats and not doubling UK and Europe!

Reactions: _Dave_ and Toppyawe
You can bug them to get on a list.....?
Yeah, there's always cancellations towards the end of a quarter and they sometimes start calling those that are next in line but, it's location based apparently. I know your July order is a long way off the end of April but it depends how many people have ordered the same spec as you, and from the same location as you.

There's been people that insist they got lucky when walking into a SC and asking if there's any cancellations, people say the same about just making a call at the right time too, how true that is I don't know. What we do know though, is that at the end nd of June, a couple of people that ordered my spec, but days after me, managed to collect from Southampton at the end of June because people cancelled.

I don’t think there’s such a thing (happy to be stood corrected) or more as likely you are going to piss them right off by messaging on a daily basis.

Bottom line, your order comes up when it comes up, unfortunately everyone is in a queue but you will get there like all of us
People definitely get these calls to see if they want someones cancellation, it's clearly not done in the order that your order is placed either. From what my lease companies contact said in an email, it's usually done on order date but based on the cars collection location, especially at the very end of a quarter.

For example, if someone that's had a car delivered to Manchester then cancels of doesn't collect, the next person in line to collect from that location gets a call. Maybe its possible to get real lucky at the SC but who knows, the explanation above could also be rubbish, it does make perfect sense though.

People definitely gets these calls to see if they want someones cancellation, it's clearly not done in the order that your order is placed either. From what my lease companies contact said in an email, it's usually done on order date but based on the cars collection location, especially at the very end of a quarter.

For example, if someone that's had a car delivered to Manchester then cancels of doesn't collect, the next person in line to collect from that location gets a call. Maybe its possible to get real lucky at the SC but who knows, the explanation above could also be rubbish, it does make perfect sense though.

yeah my bad I thought when you meant a “list” people had the ability to bump each other in the queue left right and centre which just wouldn’t happen, I didn’t realise you were referring to cancellations. Certainly does make sense that it’s based on location though, it’s cheaper for a business to sell to a customer if your product is nearer to them then sticking it on a truck or a transporter to move it to another and therefore incur cost.

So today *could* be the day for the next round of UK VIN allocations (probably GLOVIS SUNRISE, maybe CHALLENGE). Unfortunately we are likely to see any VINs until 4pm ish, but I guess that means I should just make the most of my productive time before I lose all ability to concentrate.

If it’s anything like last time, I’m sure we will see people with EDDs pushed forward/backward/disappear altogether. People will be told one thing by one Tesla agent, and the complete opposite by another. People will be incorrectly assigned VINs, whilst others will be allocated a car without even getting a VIN. It’s all part of the ‘fun’.

We should take bets on the number of times people will 1) ask where they can find a hidden VIN; 2) post the fact they got a VIN without sharing any order details whatsoever; 3) post in the shipping thread about what their best friend’s uncle’s dog ate for breakfast; 4) claim someone with an identical order to them is getting their car earlier than them; 5) threaten to cancel their Tesla order.

I’m still confident that I will get my VIN this Q, even if not today. Bring on the next few days!

Last edited:
So today *could* be the day for the next round of UK VIN allocations (probably GLOVIS SUNRISE, maybe CHALLENGE). Unfortunately we are likely to see any VINs until 4pm ish, but I guess that means I should just make the most of my productive time before I lose all ability to concentrate.

If it’s anything like last time, I’m sure we will see people with EDDs pushed forward/backward/disappear altogether. People will be told one thing by one Tesla agent, and the complete opposite by someone else. People will be incorrectly assigned VINs, whilst others will be allocated a car without getting even getting a VIN. It’s all part of the ‘fun’.

We should take bets on the number of times people will 1) ask where they can find a hidden VIN; 2) post the fact they got a VIN without sharing any order details whatsoever; 3) post in the shipping thread about what their best friend’s uncle’s dog ate for breakfast; 4) claim someone with an identical order to them is getting their car earlier than them; 5) threaten to cancel their Tesla order.

I’m still confident that I will get my VIN this Q, even if not today. Bring on the next few days!
I’ve not been a hugely active user on these boards. Everything that’s been said before by others covers most people’s journeys towards getting their car at some point.

I just hope, as an order that went through LeasePlan in early May, I’ll be getting a car allocated soon. The last email from them in July stated a delivery of 16th September. I phoned them last week to see if that is still holding true and they said it is but not had a VIN assigned yet. Let’s see!

I’ve got my 🤞🏻 for all you April/May MY orders this week!! If/when you get the magical sms with your delivery date please share and include your order date in the post so we can easily gauge where we are up to 🙏🏻 #thinkpositive
Agreed.

Ideally everyone has spec, order date & EDD in their signature (or as soon as they have the ability to add it).

This helps on any post made.

Sorry for the others, I'm still resisting the urge of creating a dedicated Q3 deliveries thread.:D (but not for long I fear).

For those who have imminent deliveries in the next couple of weeks, I know there have been some 72 regs issued out there already.
Sadly I'm not among the chosen few. Are they only for cash customers? Anyone with a Tesla Loan/PCP received his yet? (and have you 1-paid (I did), 2-received and 3-signed the DocuSign lease agreement yet?)