Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't seem to find the flexible gas rate on their site, would you be able to let me know what it is?
It's the price-cap. There's what mine shows. When I switch to Go, the gas will stay on this.

1661429161504.png

I can't seem to find the flexible gas rate on their site, would you be able to let me know what it is?
It may be regional, but for me it was 7.28p with a 27p standing charge.
This was just lower than I was paying with another supplier so have just switched both to Octopus.
Obviously we expect it to rise with the price cap (a fixed rate tariff was 11p).

Reactions: MattG5 and MattM76
If you were on SDP+commute with not much commuting you’d have been less. On a different topic, are you flogging your old car to WBAC or similar. I’m at that stage now as my insurance is set up for Tesla pickup on 28th sept and I can pay the balance in next couple of weeks ahead of this. Just need the old X3 to sell.
It's a business lease so I think I need full business cover. I don't want to be in a situation where I need to claim and it's not covered. Our current car is a very much "loved" S-Max with 95k miles on the clock. We'll keep it for a year or so and then likely get a second smaller EV.

Ouch, got the trade in price just now; £3300 in May, £1100 now.
Was it ‘motorway’ I’ve seen people mention?
I kinda want to just have minimal hassle and drop it off with Tesla as I pick up etc, but that’s a big drop off in price! (Hardly unusual)
Cazoo just have me a good (high) valuation on my current car. But I don't want to sell until I actually have the Tesla so have a month to wait out

It may be regional, but for me it was 7.28p with a 27p standing charge.
This was just lower than I was paying with another supplier so have just switched both to Octopus.
Obviously we expect it to rise with the price cap (a fixed rate tariff was 11p).
I looked at fixes and was tempted by the 11p but my brain can only process so much. 🤣

After months of refreshing the Tesla app and not doing much more, I've now switched suppliers, got an insurance quote sorted and booked train tickets to collect in the space of 24 hours.

Have I seen that some people have got reg numbers already from Tuesday's round of VINs? I've booked collection but haven't heard anything further yet. I guess I need this to sort insurance.
No registration yet (and wouldn't expect it until the cars are unloaded and processed). I've got a quote with Admiral ready and price held for 30 days. All I need to do is update the registration and pay for it.

Reactions: _Dave_
The rates are slightly different - I use the Octopus Compare app to check, and it's consistently cheaper for us to use 'Intelligent' - The main difference is that Octopus control the charging hours for the car, rather than the car itself. I was apprehensive, but it's worked really well for us. For example on Wednesday the car charged from 00:30-12:30, then 01:00-4:00. The day before there was an 'extra' slot put in from 6:30-7:30 which was great as my morning toast and kettle boil went in on the cheap rate!

Here's the compare from yesterday.....
Thanks phoned up again, spoke to someone else and now signed up to intelligent. Have an EDD of Nov but figured I’d get it all in order now before all the prices go up again in Oct.

Reactions: MattM76 and ME_UK
Have I seen that some people have got reg numbers already from Tuesday's round of VINs? I've booked collection but haven't heard anything further yet. I guess I need this to sort insurance.
Expect registration texts to come through approximately a week after the delivery/collection is booked. My delivery and reg/vin texts were 7 days apart but I didn't finalise delivery until the day after the initial text.

You should be able to sort insurance without a reg based on make/model and just update them when you have it.

Reactions: QuanTim and ElsDee
So if we assume cars from the recent VIN allocation are on Glovis Sunrise which seems to make sense with the timing of the VIN allocation and that the boat has now updated its AIS to Southampton for arrival around September 10th is an 18 day turnaround time to get my car up to Manchester reasonable.

Having only been around for the mad quarter rush at the end of Q2 my understanding might be a bit warped but surely 18 days is a long time for the car to be in the country before delivery?

So if we assume cars from the recent VIN allocation are on Glovis Sunrise which seems to make sense with the timing of the VIN allocation and that the boat has now updated its AIS to Southampton for arrival around September 10th is an 18 day turnaround time to get my car up to Manchester reasonable.

Having only been around for the mad quarter rush at the end of Q2 my understanding might be a bit warped but surely 18 days is a long time for the car to be in the country before delivery?
I believe 14 days is average from arrival at port to delivery, according to what others have said. It will just depend on the different centres capacities and scheduling of the transports.

Ouch, got the trade in price just now; £3300 in May, £1100 now.
Was it ‘motorway’ I’ve seen people mention?
I kinda want to just have minimal hassle and drop it off with Tesla as I pick up etc, but that’s a big drop off in price! (Hardly unusual)
I used motorway. Put all the details in the system last Thursday, spoke to them and asked them to add some optional extras to the description, agreed the reserve price and it was put into Friday's sale. It sold for above the reserve and it has just been collected. Motorways valuation was quite a bit higher than the webuyanycar valuation.

I am now without a car for a couple of weeks but the road tax was due at the end of the month and I didn't want to renew it.

Good spot on the AIS - I would think the date may change once she departs Singapore - usually they show Suez next.
I estimated she would be a few days later into Southampton.
Also, I was offered 22-Sep in Manchester, so perhaps it’s just a logistics thing.

Reactions: MattM76 and Darreno