Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I only did the small test payment last week and started fixing up insurance. No text for me yet but have my phone beside me expecting it any moment now. Just stopped to have breakfast (late I know) and have another wee thrill to look forward to. I’m gonna have 4 weeks of nothing to do on the forum at this rate.

What is the earliest date anyone is being offered for Glasgow collection? I'm back on the 17th, but with my current car getting sold a week and a half before I have a gap. Did I read someone post they are collecting from Glasgow on the 10th? Anyone know if you can haggle with Tesla about pulling dates forward...?
In terms of pulling dates forward, I asked for it and they said plain no. I am delivery, on 27 Sep, asked if date could be earlier if I would to collect instead and they said the only date for me is the 27th regardless of how I take the car.

Reactions: Markee68
I only did the small test payment last week and started fixing up insurance. No text for me yet but have my phone beside me expecting it any moment now. Just stopped to have breakfast (late I know) and have another wee thrill to look forward to. I’m gonna have 4 weeks of nothing to do on the forum at this rate.
we are on this journey together my fellow weegie, I got a text earlier to advise I will get some documentation to sign on delivery day but no plate or vin text... I spoke to Tesla via chat this morning who advised that I can't change my delivery to collection from Glasgow unless I get the lease company to do so (and of course today is a bank holiday!)

MYLR Midnight Blue, Black interior, 19"
Delivery date 29/9
Order date 14/3

Reactions: StarbucksBob
What is the earliest date anyone is being offered for Glasgow collection? I'm back on the 17th, but with my current car getting sold a week and a half before I have a gap. Did I read someone post they are collecting from Glasgow on the 10th? Anyone know if you can haggle with Tesla about pulling dates forward...?
I was at the Glasgow SC on Friday picking up my car after a repair and there were quite a few new MY’s and M3’s all ready and waiting for collection.

So, you and others (me included) have gone from “will sunrise or challenge have vin for me?” to having vin and reg number text all in 6 days- wow Tesla are certainly trying to have a great quarter.
Yeah, it's crazy how fast it's progressed. All paid up and now all I have to do is phone Admiral to accept my quote and then wait until the 22nd!

Reactions: StarbucksBob
Test payment? To ensure that the Citi account my "pay now" screen shows is correct...?

Have just bought insurance for my Tesla. Getting real now :)

Reactions: MattM76
There will be a big pile of BMW X3s for sale by September 30th. It seems a good number like me decided the quality difference between Tesla and BMW was not quite the gulf we were led to believe it was. With new suspension to make what I thought was fine on my test on 1st May, even better I am looking forward to this car more than any other in 40 years of car ownership.

After nearly 5 months of constant refreshing and tracking every movement on this forum, it's a bit odd to have a date booked in, all payments made and insurance ready to go.

To everyone that was disappointed this quarter, nearly everyone that has a Tesla delivery booked knows what it feels like and we also know it does end, and probably sooner than you think.

Would be good if our forum ids were flagged up on our big screens when passing or being passed by another forum member. If Tesla can tell between bikes, cars, trucks, buses and people surely they could do this. Alright breakfast/lunch is done so back to the laptop for a few more hours of graft. Have a good one everyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: RCMY and MattM76
No VIN here after 5 weeks of Edd 21 to 27 September, and having just installed the Tesla wall charger and bought some accessories I have just been move to November 4th to December 29th. On the good side I could save £2.5k is Truss gets in and lowers the Vat to 15%, but think I would rather have the car early....

Reactions: MattM76