Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For Model Ys it seems that it got up to mid-May with a few sneaky June orders. Also seen some June orders get cancellations.

I’d say it’s not too unreasonable for us July folk to hope for this year, as they did mid-March through mid-May this quarter (aside from the outliers ofcourse)
As an early Jul order I’m hoping for Q4. MYLR W/B/20s.

I’m lucky enough to have a ‘21 M3SR+ so I’m not desperate.

But having spent the last two weeks in Orlando I’ve seen a few MYs and am very excited about getting one.

Although messing around with delivery/selling my M3 around Christmas may prove annoying. When I bought my M3 I was offered a single date for collection (end of Quarter rush). Such an experience at Christmas might drive me over the edge.

As an early Jul order I’m hoping for Q4. MYLR W/B/20s.

I’m lucky enough to have a ‘21 M3SR+ so I’m not desperate.

But having spent the last two weeks in Orlando I’ve seen a few MYs and am very excited about getting one.

Although messing around with delivery/selling my M3 around Christmas may prove annoying. When I bought my M3 I was offered a single date for collection (end of Quarter rush). Such an experience at Christmas might drive me over the edge.
Exact same configuration as myself. I can recommended WeBuyAnyCar for selling your M3 or R Symons. I have used both in the past couple of years. Hassle free and quick sale.

Reactions: Lord Farquad
Yeah - know where you're coming from, as my quote was mid 400s before I was advised it had to be in lease company name.

Current best is 646 + cashback through Uswitch (Admiral as the provider). Was getting £1k plus quotes.

12k per annum, business use (50% for each), two drivers with 20+ years licence and 5 years NCB (having to get letter from fleet policy underwriters which Admiral confirmed is acceptable). Quiet rural location in Scotland may help.
I'm in a rural(ish) location in Scotland too. Licence for over 25 years and 15 years NCB but some quotes insane. In terms of the letter from the underwriters, is that from your lease company?

Reactions: Spacerat
I would guess they will be individually on flat beds as they’ll struggle to get multi car transporters down residential streets. But a good question for anyone who’s had one delivered….

Normally they arrive on a single low loader, but some do have a trailer to carry two at a time.

Depending on the driver they may show you some of the controls but any issues they will tell you to just log it on the app. You have 100 miles/a few days to log anything and Tesla will assume the problem existed before delivery and correct.

From what I've seen, and read, they turn up on a small flatbead and the driver simply makes you sign and disappears. I don't think they'll have anything to do with showing you around the car and I don't think they hang around and wait for you to check it over either.

Can confirm that when my M3 arrived in November, it was on a trailer being towed by a pickup truck. All the driver did was unload it and then Jeff off. No signatures as it’s all done online. I’m excepting similar for our second vehicle in september
Thanks everyone.. much appreciated!

Reactions: HertsChapY and MrT3
I'm in a rural(ish) location in Scotland too. Licence for over 25 years and 15 years NCB but some quotes insane. In terms of the letter from the underwriters, is that from your lease company?
No, I've been driving on the company fleet insurance for 7 years, so can't count my previous 10+years NCB, so need a letter from the fleet insurer to demonstrate any no claims.

Reactions: DrPhlegm
Same boat as me, but I ordered in July.

Given that it looks like Q3 is almost over, how much of the backlog of orders from Q1/Q2 were fulfilled. Trying to get an idea of whether I am looking at a Q4 or Q1 2023 delivery now.

Same here

EDD now moved from 19 sept - 30 Sept to Nov 11 - Jan 05

Order placed 29 Jul - MYLR Black/Black 19's Gemini's
Cash purchase via bank loan, 1st payment due 15 Sept :mad:

No VIN, no new EDD (18 Sep - 30 Sep) but I did get a Trade-In price on the 23rd....

Received a call back from Tesla just now (after pressing #1 in the phone queue on Thursday :D) advising that I accept or decline the offer ASAP as it was delaying any potential match. This was opposite to the advice I got from Tesla previously

Just declined the Trade-In and I see this immediately
View attachment 846111

🤷‍♂️

Still no VIN
Well, after yesterday's 11.15am call from Tesla to urge me to deal with my Trade-In offer and the promise of a "soft match" to a car in September...... you know the rest. My EDD changed at 9pm to 29 Oct - 23 Dec :rolleyes:

To be expected but some totally disjointed comms from Tesla. Why bother phoning me? Spent the afternoon sorting PX offers and moving balances about 🤷‍♂️ A very odd an a bit disappointing. Suppose I am now fully initiated into the process

Reactions: MashinBenzin
What is the earliest date anyone is being offered for Glasgow collection? I'm back on the 17th, but with my current car getting sold a week and a half before I have a gap. Did I read someone post they are collecting from Glasgow on the 10th? Anyone know if you can haggle with Tesla about pulling dates forward...?

What is the earliest date anyone is being offered for Glasgow collection? I'm back on the 17th, but with my current car getting sold a week and a half before I have a gap. Did I read someone post they are collecting from Glasgow on the 10th? Anyone know if you can haggle with Tesla about pulling dates forward...?

Manchester collection of 428 VIN earliest was the 8th for me booked the 10th to make life easier I've heard others talk of a 6th collection which is the earliest I've heard of for September