Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are any of you guys getting your reg numbers in the same position I am (PCP deal with collection time booked but not yet paid full deposit other than a test amount)? I’ve not yet had my reg no. and my insurer says they absolutely can’t quote without it. QMH is done through an app and defaults to “we cannot find your car so cannot provide a quote”, even though there is an option to say I haven’t yet got the car and the date when I will get it! After logging this issue a real human (fancy that!) emailed me to take details to find out what was wrong and requested I provided details to her for inputting and finding out the reason for the issue and she came back and said it’s all down to not having a reg number yet.

Are any of you guys getting your reg numbers in the same position I am (PCP deal with collection time booked but not yet paid full deposit other than a test amount)? I’ve not yet had my reg no. and my insurer says they absolutely can’t quote without it. QMH is done through an app and defaults to “we cannot find your car so cannot provide a quote”, even though there is an option to say I haven’t yet got the car and the date when I will get it! After logging this issue a real human (fancy that!) emailed me to take details to find out what was wrong and requested I provided details to her for inputting and finding out the reason for the issue and she came back and said it’s all down to not having a reg number yet.
I'm cash.. and have paid £10 whole English pounds. Got reg this morning.

Same boat, I was assured by a Tesla TA the reg/VIN would come by text in the coming days, I have just had my pre contract docs and lending agreement through so happy with where things are atm, collecting on the 27th

Get onto the Tesla chat facility and check with them. They’re very good and will be able verify or otherwise determine it’s a fake.
Just done a chat now and it is intact a genuine text message. An identity check is required for my delivery. The chat agent initially dismissed it and told me not to take notice but then after checking my account, he confirmed it was actually genuine. He seemed just as surprised as me and says it must be a new thing they’re starting to do.

We shall see what it’s all about then on Friday morning 👀

Reactions: JHWL
Wow! That’s impressive. I’d been thinking my ordered MYLR was going to have the 434bhp I’d seen advertised in Autocar and online.
507bhp is mental. No wonder the insurance quotes some people are getting are high.
And yet it's noticeably slower both on paper and bum-in-seat compared to SWMBO's M3LR, which is quoted as 366 kW. As @WllXM suggested, perhaps those numbers have AB factored in.

• I paid a test amount last night (£10)
  • I got my Reg & VIN this morning (likely not linked but the desire to think that because B followed A, therefore A must've caused B was strong. Alas, that's ancient thinking!)
  • I'm on PCP
  • I got a quote from Admiral last week Tuesday after I got my hidden VIN that I saved to the account
  • I confirmed the quote this morning after booking the delivery (Weds last week) and received Reg today
  • I got some pre-contract info/agreement + a lending agreement in the account this morning also
  • I'll pay the full balance probably over the weekend
  • (I'm also dreaming about the car more now, but that's irrelevant to the conversation!)

And yet it's noticeably slower both on paper and bum-in-seat compared to SWMBO's M3LR, which is quoted as 366 kW. As @WllXM suggested, perhaps those numbers have AB factored in.
What's the power to weigh ratio do we know? Probably makes a difference. Also it's sooo not needed but I've budgeted for AB on day dot since I did find the difference in acceleration between M3LR and YLR quite noticeable (it was the one thing that was slightly disappointing).