Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This - and the PPF I think was concluded to just be a painting artefact (for want of a better word). Q2 and Q3 are also radar free, although that’s no loss now they’re stopping the use of it.
For clarity for everyone not following since Q2; ppf on front bumper was concluded to be a paint artefact.
PPF in front of rear arches is added on site in Uk and can therefore have grit/bubbles under it - which in Q2 could be rectified at collection.

Boot sealing strip (to prevent buffeting?) and additional airbag between driver/passenger is all I’ve seen reported online.
And slightly improved suspension.

I’d like to think so (although my test drive in April was fine). However I saw posts comparing part numbers and photos but nothing conclusive seemed to come from it?

There were people saying it felt better than early test drives but that’s more subjective.
There are some guys on here with two Ys, so perhaps they can comment?

Thanks for the link, didn’t realise it existed. I wondered why it was so quiet here and where everyone was 😊

Same as Q2 deliveries. Q1 deliveries didn’t have the parcel shelf.

I have to say that, whilst I’ve only done a few short journeys (getting over a broken right ankle), since I got the MY yesterday afternoon, I’m really impressed with everything on the whole. Slight misalignment on the bonnet lid, but everything else appears to be consistent and works well / looks good. The suspension, is quite jarring on the some back roads near me. I had two short MY test drives, but it feels harsher than memory. I am driving an 2019 S 75d currently though, so maybe it’s more refined. It has got adjustable suspension after all.

On the subject of the bonnet alignment issues, what’s the consensus for reporting? Just get in touch with my local Tesla centre, or report to my leasing co (Tusker)?

I have to say that, whilst I’ve only done a few short journeys (getting over a broken right ankle), since I got the MY yesterday afternoon, I’m really impressed with everything on the whole. Slight misalignment on the bonnet lid, but everything else appears to be consistent and works well / looks good. The suspension, is quite jarring on the some back roads near me. I had two short MY test drives, but it feels harsher than memory. I am driving an 2019 S 75d currently though, so maybe it’s more refined. It has got adjustable suspension after all.

On the subject of the bonnet alignment issues, what’s the consensus for reporting? Just get in touch with my local Tesla centre, or report to my leasing co (Tusker)?
Interestingly, it was July builds following the production line shut down that apparently have the change in suspension. Do you know when yours was built?

This link should help. Afaik Glovis Companion is the first ship with post shut down cars.

Last edited:
Interestingly, it was July builds following the production line shut down that apparently have the change in suspension. Do you know when yours was built?

This link should help.

Has some kind person put together a list of batch numbers and when they were likely built?

Has some kind person put together a list of batch numbers and when they were likely built?
Vin 411 is 20th July build, a day or 2 after reopening the production line. Any earlier VIN is likely pre shut down prior to the rumoured change with suspension.

1662325600948.png

I have continued the discussion in the Q3 threads.

Last edited:
I've seen that a 28th May order has got a collection date. Have they fulfilled all the way up to May now?
Also if that's the case, when do we start to see ships first leaving for Q4 deliveries?

I've been away for a little while to keep my mind clear of Tesla-related shenanigans as it was all too much stress seeing my dates jump about 😂
Nope. Lots of May ODs (inc. me) still waiting

I ordered on 4th May and had various EDD changes. In early August it changed to 20-27 Sept so excitement was high.

Then it went back to 1 Nov to 28 Dec. Bottoms. Clearly someone got mine!

Today however, it's changed again to Nov to 8 Dec. So slightly reduced window. The EDD dartboard game is on at Tesla HQ!

No hidden VIN yet though...
Similar. I have Oct 31 - Dec 7 as an update over the weekend. No chance for October obviously, I am hoping this really just means "first boat of Q4"