Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The blue ones are normally shorter. Can you check the length of yours? All the Q3s I'd seen so far had the 7m black ones
This morning I took delivery of my Y MSM with 20s. I have to say, I know we hear nothing for months, but then all of a sudden the text communication is fantastic when delivery nears! So much so that my delivery was using AnyVan and i could track my driver, with a minute by minute countdown to arrival which made me feel like a child again on Christmas eve!

Initial feedback - delivery was seemless with a very pleasant handover. Car arrived with 52% charge and 30 miles on the clock. Extremely well presented inside and out, with no obvious gaps or scuffs anywhere to be seen. Someone else mentioned this too, but it feels more premium than when I test drove the car and the ride quality is great on the larger wheels - no concerns at all. Set up feels sporty but not rigid, and I actually prefer it to my Q7 as it brings back memories of my 525d M Sport! A couple of titles in the menu are showing in Chinese but hopefully that will update shortly once updated and my premium connectivity is showing as expired so on to Tesla about that. Apart from those, no other issues.

I asked my wife what we should name the car, she advised 'Bruno'. I said why's that, is it because the kids like Encanto? She said no, because now it's delivered you'll stop talking about Bruno constantly! Fair enough.

Anyway, the roller coaster does come to a fantastic end and it does seem worth it. This forum has been extremely helpful in building up the excitement, and actually just over 5 months from order to delivery isn't bad really considering the state of the world. Enjoy delivery day everyone and here's a couple of pics.
View attachment 850230View attachment 850231
Welcome to the club. I got my white with 20s last weekend. I also had Anyvan, but the driver was a tit and tried to belittle Tesla, saying it had a terrible bonnet gap (it has a bit of an asymmetrical gap), and that you wouldn’t get it with an S Class Mercedes! Anyway, the car does feel premium and whilst I had Chinese letters on the trip counters, they go. You’ll also get the update to give you a month of premium connectivity as I had the same.

• Informative
Reactions: MattYLR
Weird thing is I see MSM all over the place and hardly any white!

I think this might be because I’m the only one round here to pay extra for paint 😂
25E65CEE-A1C6-43A6-8236-A44D2DB02B16.jpeg

Absolutely loving the sea of all the deliveries and people awaiting the allocated collection/delivery dates!

Just for the people with later order dates (June to be exact) I've had my first EDD update in a while. From Nov - Jan to Nov - Dec (exact dates in Signature). From what we've seen - this means nothing :D but an update nonetheless.

From what the responses I've seen in the Shipping Thread; the first Tesla ship we could see leave Shanghai is 7-10 days into October but this could be a domestic ship with international ships to other countries leaving later in the month/quarter.

Reactions: QuanTim and ElsDee
Absolutely loving the sea of all the deliveries and people awaiting the allocated collection/delivery dates!

Just for the people with later order dates (June to be exact) I've had my first EDD update in a while. From Nov - Jan to Nov - Dec (exact dates in Signature). From what we've seen - this means nothing :D but an update nonetheless.

From what the responses I've seen in the Shipping Thread; the first Tesla ship we could see leave Shanghai is 7-10 days into October but this could be a domestic ship with international ships to other countries leaving later in the month/quarter.
I ordered 12 July and have the same EDD, also in my signature.

Reactions: ROTA
Picked mine up this morning from Bristol, great service from Toby helping out with some phone connection issues. I was first there, picking up my MSM on 20s.

Have done about 80 miles today and very happy. I do think the ride might be a touch better than my test drive. It’s certainly firm, but with reasonable damping. Pleased with the refinement, which was a worry coming from a very refined car previously.

It’s a great motorway car with directional stability that reminds me of previous BMWs.

47% charge and car well presented apart from a kick scuff on the door bin on the drivers side. Not reporting that as it will have some before long anyway.

Lots of rain today, lack of wiper stalk no issue.

Oh and my wife ran a colour survey on the cars waiting to be picked up. Six MSM, six white, two blue, two red, two black. All MY.

View attachment 850368View attachment 850369View attachment 850370
Looks fantastic with the inductions mate, definitely the combination to have. I know there’s some debate on suspension differences between Q2 and Q3 but what I can tell you is the suspension definitely softens up with miles. We’ve done 4k in ours now and while the ride is firm, there was a slight edge to it that’s definitely now softened off. Tyre pressures still 42psi. Disco a different beast, but I wouldn’t say I greatly miss the ride of my X5 on the M adaptive suspension and I’ve had long enough now to get over the new car excitement.

A pleasant surprise yesterday: collection available 8 days earlier (dates in sig). TA in Belfast has been beavering to get additional transporters, which now means I will be able to do the university run. Chuffed!
Mine is booked for the 30th... Hopefully I will get a call to get it earlier too - its the least they could do after breaking the last one!

Looks fantastic with the inductions mate, definitely the combination to have. I know there’s some debate on suspension differences between Q2 and Q3 but what I can tell you is the suspension definitely softens up with miles. We’ve done 4k in ours now and while the ride is firm, there was a slight edge to it that’s definitely now softened off. Tyre pressures still 42psi. Disco a different beast, but I wouldn’t say I greatly miss the ride of my X5 on the M adaptive suspension and I’ve had long enough now to get over the new car excitement.
Thanks for that mate. Yeah, the Disco is definitely not the car to compare the ride of almost anything to. I like the feel of the Tesla so far and much prefer the way it handles to the 440i that preceded the Disco (I also preferred the Disco handling to the 440i which was probably the most frustrating car I’ve owned in that respect).

Interesting that it softens off so will watch for that. Also at 42psi all round here (they got that spot on at delivery).

Reactions: KCH1984 and QuanTim
I guess it is a delivery specific question and here it goes:

I have seen emphasis on the tyre pressures for some time. What is the general practice in the community ie measure tyres on collection day and adjust on the spot accordingly?

The main reason for the question is that I haven’t seen any recent concerns raised here on the matter and I wonder whether it is more sensible to use the time over there to inspect the car in a swift fashion…

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I guess it is a delivery specific question and here it goes:

I have seen emphasis on the tyre pressures for some time. What is the general practice in the community ie measure tyres on collection day and adjust on the spot accordingly?

The main reason for the question is that I haven’t seen any recent concerns raised here on the matter and I wonder whether it is more sensible to use the time over there to inspect the car in a swift fashion…

Thanks in advance!
The tire pressure doesn't actually show until you drive for a bit. When stationary, it seems to show you what the pressure was when it was last driven. The pressures on my particular car were +/- 1psi of suggested.

I know it’s been covered before, but wanted to add to the insurance discussion.

It’s cost me only £105 more to replace a Golf R Estate on an Admiral Multicar policy with a remaining term of about eight months. I decided not to tick the ‘tracker’ box.

Appreciate I was replacing what was already a fairly high risk car (that one with proper tracker) but would say Admiral are pretty good for Tesla insurance.

Reactions: RutlandRider
Weird account update today. My EDD was reset a few weeks ago to 1 Nov to 8 Dec. This morning my account showed a warning under payment saying my credit agreement had expired and needed to be renewed (I've ordered my MY under Tesla's own PCP).

I clicked through, accepted the new agreement (no changes from before). However, now I'm being presented with a payment due reminder for the cash down payment (see screenshot), which wasn't there before.

The EDD hasn't changed, and no hidden VIN either. Just curious if i need to do this now, or wait until closer to delivery (or even having a confirmed delivery...).

Anyone had experience of this - is there an advantage to paying the remainder now (could i get a car earlier - wishful thinking, i know)? Or, could i actually delay things?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220909-122138.png
    Screenshot_20220909-122138.png
    318 KB · Views: 51
Reactions: WKUK
Weird account update today. My EDD was reset a few weeks ago to 1 Nov to 8 Dec. This morning my account showed a warning under payment saying my credit agreement had expired and needed to be renewed (I've ordered my MY under Tesla's own PCP).

I clicked through, accepted the new agreement (no changes from before). However, now I'm being presented with a payment due reminder for the cash down payment (see screenshot), which wasn't there before.

The EDD hasn't changed, and no hidden VIN either. Just curious if i need to do this now, or wait until closer to delivery (or even having a confirmed delivery...).

Anyone had experience of this - is there an advantage to paying the remainder now (could i get a car earlier - wishful thinking, i know)? Or, could i actually delay things?

Thanks in advance.
I had similar but not the same. Got a call a couple of weeks ago to ask me to accept/decline a PX in my account as I had a "soft match" for a September car. I declined the PX and had the same payment page come up....

....3 hours later they moved the EDD back to November 😅

As I understand it the payment page is just the standard screen you see once all details in account are completed and ready for a car

I had similar but not the same. Got a call a couple of weeks ago to ask me to accept/decline a PX in my account as I had a "soft match" for a September car. I declined the PX and had the same payment page come up....

....3 hours later they moved the EDD back to November 😅

As I understand it the payment page is just the standard screen you see once all details in account are completed and ready for a car
Yikes! Thanks @WKUK . Looks like my best bet is wait for a call, or a confirmed delivery.

What is the general practice in the community ie measure tyres on collection day and adjust on the spot accordingly?
I’ve also thought about this. Tyres could have been overinflated for transport, but that doesn’t seem to be the case for recent collections (or they adjust before collection).

I figured I would just check once at home and tyres cold. On the latest software it shows the last known pressures in the car and on the app, but not sure if we’ll have to get a software update first to see this?

Reactions: Benotomy