Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 851978View attachment 851979View attachment 851980View attachment 851981
Picked up my model Y today… took 5 minutes or so…. So many cars at Trafford centre…. The car drives amazingly … build quality is spot on, ride quality excellent … currently enjoying autopilot… awesome
Wow, looks amazing! That’s exactly what I’ve ordered (well looks like) If I could show envy through this text I would! Lol.🤢 here you the best I could find! I’m even more excited but I’ve got a few months yet.

Reactions: Toppyawe
Finally collected it! They had put it on charge for us so was 89% SOC on collection which was a nice touch considering the balls up we had picking it up. No issues - was raining on collection so not many photos. Paintwork looks good, panel gaps are fab, no interior issues. Everything works as it should. Had 7 miles on the odometer. Supercharged to get home purely as a milestone!!! Suspension feels better than we remember from test drive way back in March!! The 6 month wait was worth it 😊 Hope everyone else’s collections go hiccup free.

Attachments

• B9EFC7D1-CDC7-46EE-A0D8-AA3513DDEEB1.jpeg
    B9EFC7D1-CDC7-46EE-A0D8-AA3513DDEEB1.jpeg
    584.2 KB · Views: 65
  • F522AB9A-8CC5-4726-B243-A1B84A2A7672.jpeg
    F522AB9A-8CC5-4726-B243-A1B84A2A7672.jpeg
    681.6 KB · Views: 39
Just sold my X5 via motorway for over the reserve, but when I spoke to the buyer they said he couldn’t wait until the end of next week and to cancel via motorway and then phone him nearer the time. Seems a bit dodge as he’s clearly cutting out the middleman, but not sure if Motorway offer any buyer protection anyway (seems like they are trying to be the air b&b for car sales).

Not sure if I should just re-list next week or contact him direct…

Just sold my X5 via motorway for over the reserve, but when I spoke to the buyer they said he couldn’t wait until the end of next week and to cancel via motorway and then phone him nearer the time. Seems a bit dodge as he’s clearly cutting out the middleman, but not sure if Motorway offer any buyer protection anyway (seems like they are trying to be the air b&b for car sales).

Would be interested in what you do. I’m in the process of listing me A4 and hope to sell it next week. Are they quick at getting a buyer?

Would be interested in what you do. I’m in the process of listing me A4 and hope to sell it next week. Are they quick at getting a buyer?
Yes, they list for the day and give you the best quote by 4pm. You have to get the listing on the day before. You can get it all set up now then pull the trigger whenever you want. I guess it’s luck as to how long the buyer will take to collect, but he implied Motorway invoice him immediately so they are keen to turn it all around quickly, ideally he wanted to collect it tomorrow as he had a guy in the area. When I spoke to Motorway previously they said it would be fine and added a collect by date but not a collect from date.

I sold yesterday and am waiting for the dealer to contact me.
If he wants you to call next week, he can wait until then. He probably wants to not pay their commission.
If they pay you, fine - but who’s to say he won’t try and lowball you when they turn up.
Maybe best to re-list and keep them as a backup?

I sold yesterday and am waiting for the dealer to contact me.
If he wants you to call next week, he can wait until then. He probably wants to not pay their commission.
If they pay you, fine - but who’s to say he won’t try and lowball you when they turn up.
Maybe best to re-list and keep them as a backup?
True, but he could do that with Motorway if it’s legitimate, I considered asking to split his saving (think he mentioned £600 invoice), would pay for some accessories 😂

Reactions: Toblerone

Agree with that, sounds like he’s trying to cut out the fee he’d have to pay to motorway.

When I sold through Motorway the adviser said they would act as conduit for any dispute between buyer and seller. I got the guy to agree (on a recorded call) that I could sue motorway in the event the buyer didn’t pay. Not sure if he knew what he was agreeing to and ultimately it proved a non-issue as the buyer paid me and the finance company by immediate transfer before the car left my drive.

I’d be very hesitant to cancel and would suggest feeding back to Motorway what you’ve been told.

Reactions: robmcm
Cool - was it Mr Motorway you were speaking to, or a sales advisor hungry for a commission?

Not sure someone has to agree first before you can sue them…

Otherwise generally agree with what you are saying! 😀
It was a guy calling from motorway, he tried to backtrack a bit but I said ‘no, it’s fine as Motorway’s agent you were clear enough already!’

I was being a bit facetious but would much rather be dealing with a larger company than an individual dealer. As it happens, the buyer was Sytner so I needn’t have worried, but the above conversation was pre-sale.

Reactions: Toblerone
When Tesla deliver the car, when do they normally contact you day before to confirm delivery hours? Not yet had any contact and delivery is supposed to be tomorrow (based on the previous texts from Tesla).

Might be just last minute impatience getting the better of me.
I got the text at 4:50 for my delivery tomorrow, but have to wait to between 1:15 and 5:15 😢

But the customer I’m running a workshop for all morning will probably be pleased I don’t disappear half way through and hit the road!

Reactions: Toppyawe
I am with HSBC, too. They only allowed me to transfer GBP25k per day.
FYI for anyone with Tesla Finance. Thanks to our friend raising payment concerns with Tesla, I decided to double check a few things. First I checked all documents in my account and noticed that I did not officially sign the finance agreement when I placed the order. Tesla service number assured me that everything was in good order. I was asked to submit proof of payment in screen shots to [email protected]. Received an automated thank you message together with a note that [email protected] was a no reply email address. After a few days I resubmitted the same to [email protected]. 48h later I receive a message from eOriginal SmartSign services asking me to DocuSign my finance agreement. Looks like I would have been without finance.

the so called Lending Agreement which is to be signed is actually more than a finance agreement - it is the main Conditional Sale Agreement so definitely a show stopper if not in place - glad to hear issues are being resolved. My conclusion is that majority of the process is manual and understandably prone to human error, increased inconsistencies as well as delays when things coincide with the busy last month of the Quarter.

Honestly try Cazoo (if the quote is competitive) they offered
me more than WBAC and Motorway, quick easy and painless as well

Honestly try Cazoo (if the quote is competitive) they offered
me more than WBAC and Motorway, quick easy and painless as well
Seemed to be the same as WBAC for me, Motorway and CarWow were higher and the price I got today was higher again.

Side note: The dealer asked about dogs in the car, may be worth adding as a note when listing if you haven’t had any in there.