Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m quite amazed at how little I use the brake!
I’m on day three and I have stopped reaching for the gearbox, handbrake and keys!
I had a go at AP today and it went well.
Also, on the school run the screen locked up when I parked. Hard to do a restart.

I saw a few collection videos where they had to stop and enable things like blind spot cameras on indicate and TAC, essentially there are disclaimers you have to accept for some of the features before they’ll work. So worth toggling everything before you set off.

Edit: this was the video I was thinking of (in Aus so may not apply)

Last edited:
I’m quite amazed at how little I use the brake!
I’m on day three and I have stopped reaching for the gearbox, handbrake and keys!
I had a go at AP today and it went well.
Also, on the school run the screen locked up when I parked. Hard to do a restart.

I reckon I've used the brake once in 3 days! It's quite astounding.

The phone key is epic too but I find myself still taking the card with me in my wallet just in case and I love the 'lock on walk away' thing but live in fear that it won't lock so still have to check the app to make sure it has actually locked! I'm sure I'll learn to trust it eventually :)

I reckon I've used the brake once in 3 days! It's quite astounding.

The phone key is epic too but I find myself still taking the card with me in my wallet just in case and I love the 'lock on walk away' thing but live in fear that it won't lock so still have to check the app to make sure it has actually locked! I'm sure I'll learn to trust it eventually :)
I know that it annoys some but I'm a fan of the chime on lock so when you walk away you're listening out for the little bing which is usually just loud enough for you to hear (but probably annoying for someone walking past). Makes me smile every time!

It's not too much of an issue when returning home late at night but I do wonder if the neighbours grumble?

Saying that when ICE cars come down the road that's a considerably longer droning engine noise🤷‍♂️

Reactions: QuanTim
I know that it annoys some but I'm a fan of the chime on lock so when you walk away you're listening out for the little bing which is usually just loud enough for you to hear (but probably annoying for someone walking past). Makes me smile every time!

It's not too much of an issue when returning home late at night but I do wonder if the neighbours grumble?

Saying that when ICE cars come down the road that's a considerably longer droning engine noise🤷‍♂️

Yeah, I love the little honk on lock/unlock. I don't think it's too loud to annoy my neighbours (and they're pretty close). I suspect what annoys them more is the reversing space ship sound as I wait to reverse out on to my road each time 🤣 Having said that, a few years ago I had a 550bhp Impreza with full decat and that never really used to bother them either, even though it basically shook the house when I let it idle!

I've not seen any news of card cloning being a thing, as in hundreds of Tesla's stolen in this way? I'm sure it would be hot news on this forum? I did have this worry initially too but soon tired of the PIN to drive.

All I've seen are the usual scare stories on how easy it apparently is to do. That is, if you're an IT wizz and in the business of hacking I suppose? I wouldn't have a clue.

I'm personally more paranoid of dropping my phone and it packing in leaving me stranded, hence taking the card as @Fezza says above.

Also, now with Apple Pay and a car key card all I need to take out with me are keys for is the house. I keep forgetting my wallet these days. Now looking for a decent smart lock system for the house to complete the process of total reliability on my phone:eek:

My wife was a bit paranoid about the cards being cloned (or is this only ‘possible’ with the optional fob?) so have enabled the pin to drive today.
I've not seen any news of card cloning being a thing, as in hundreds of Tesla's stolen in this way? I'm sure it would be hot news on this forum? I did have this worry initially too but soon tired of the PIN to drive.

Unless you go and physically give your card to someone I don't see card cloning as being an issue, its not like the key fob relay attacks that happened in the past to older key fobs.

Either way I would use pin to drive

Reactions: Markee68 and _Dave_
As far as I know key / card cloning is only an issue if you have a key fob as the keycards only work in close proximity and the phone key uses Bluetooth. Key clone car thieves use RF jammers / transmitters and the Teslas don’t use this technology (unless you have a key fob, but I don’t know the technicalities of that and whether it’s vulnerable).

There are a few videos on YouTube about this if you want to do some research. As far as I can tell the majority of cars stolen in this way have been S and X which (used to?) come with key fobs and not key cards.

Found this quite useful Meet your Tesla Essentials video (which for some reason seems to be only on US website)
3 mins to get up to speed for day 1.

Will I see any TMCers at Bluewater tomorrow morning?

1663948558703.png

Reactions: DWINTER
After the disappointment of being bumped off to Q4 I’ve been allocated a car this afternoon. Will be collecting on Tuesday now!

Edit: anyone who has collected from the Trafford centre, what version of software was the car? Hoping it’s one with the cloud profiles so I can just get in the car and drive off without having to change my settings

Last edited: