Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m still undecided on gap insurance (ALA appear to be best and code MSE25 gives 25% off). Good luck with pick up. It’s Tesla eve for me and I have a meeting in Glasgow centre tomorrow. Do I take a single ticket on train and run the risk of last minute hitch with late afternoon pick up or get a return just in case?
I normally use Direct Gap rather than ALA.

They’ll give you free gap insurance for 14 days and will also happily defer the start date of the gap insurance by 12 months as good insurers will give you 12 months “new-for-old” cover on a new car - obviating the need for gap in the first year in many cases. Good for 4 year PCP’s as you only pay for 3 years gap.

• Informative
Reactions: StarbucksBob
Well, a bit overwelmed, arrived with 2 miles on it, from WDC, really lovely guy. I am still trying to work it all out, but really impressed and just about got it down the drive. It was a bit like ordering from amazon. i showed my licence, signed the phone, the guy took som pics and off he went. Just set up the phone, so much easier to lock and unlock.
did you do any checks on the car? outside / inside?

Be careful relying on main insurers replacement car cover - on the policies I have had it always says (in the small print) 'we will replace your car with a new one of the same model, if available' - or similar wording. I am not sure there are brand new Tesla's (or pretty much any other car) available at short notice so I have never relied on that aspect of a policy and always purchased GAP cover from the word go. My current (new car replacement) GAP policy was from ALA and cost £80 for a year so its not a very difficult decision!

Looks like its happening for me now! Ordered late June and decided to call Tesla to see if they have anything for me to collect that closely matches my order, they mentioned there is a car in NEC for me to collect this week! Just made my initially payment to see if it reaches the account. Am I right in thinking that I should see the amount decrease in the 'Review and Pay' screen before making the remaining payment?

Reactions: Toblerone
I normally use Direct Gap rather than ALA.

They’ll give you free gap insurance for 14 days and will also happily defer the start date of the gap insurance by 12 months as good insurers will give you 12 months “new-for-old” cover on a new car - obviating the need for gap in the first year in many cases. Good for 4 year PCP’s as you only pay for 3 years gap.
Just checked and direct gap is 499 c/f ala 470 which drops to 352 with code. Do you have a significant code saving for direct?

Looks like its happening for me now! Ordered late June and decided to call Tesla to see if they have anything for me to collect that closely matches my order, they mentioned there is a car in NEC for me to collect this week! Just made my initially payment to see if it reaches the account. Am I right in thinking that I should see the amount decrease in the 'Review and Pay' screen before making the remaining payment?
Yes, you should see the credit and new balance. However when I did this a couple of weeks ago, it didn’t show up until 3 or 4pm ( maybe Texas hours?) but it did show every time.

Reactions: t17hha
Be careful relying on main insurers replacement car cover - on the policies I have had it always says (in the small print) 'we will replace your car with a new one of the same model, if available' - or similar wording. I am not sure there are brand new Tesla's (or pretty much any other car) available at short notice so I have never relied on that aspect of a policy and always purchased GAP cover from the word go. My current (new car replacement) GAP policy was from ALA and cost £80 for a year so its not a very difficult decision!
My pcp is 4 years and with the max deposit paid and ala have confirmed I need to buy for the whole of the term I intend to keep the car. Just checked a few others and ALA are most competitive. However, my base insurer will pay market value but not really sure if this means above list price I paid.

Last edited:
these guys are fun - had a text last week, saying no delivery any more, need to pick in BHX. Fine.

Booked a slot at 10am tomorrow at the NEC to collect. Confirmed by text at 10:39am today.

Then got a text at 10:49am from We Deliver Cars saying my delivery is booked for home between 9am and 1pm...

I've got a horrible feeling I'm going to pass the car on the back of a low loader tomorrow going the other way on the M6...

• Funny
Reactions: oneear
Single Bob. Manifest it!
(Unless return is only a few £ more).

I bought 4x first class singles and a taxi ride for me and the family to Manchester on Saturday. No regrets.
Well, Tesla called an hour ago to check I’m all set for collection. Car is on their site and they just need me and my driving licence to show up and would be ok if I arrived a bit earlier too. So single ticket it is then, and it will just be me because mrs Bob screwed up her diary and she’s not home until late tomorrow. It really feels like Christmas Eve today. Probably going to take out gap insurance for final peace of mind and I can let the fun begin.

Well, Tesla called an hour ago to check I’m all set for collection. Car is on their site and they just need me and my driving licence to show up and would be ok if I arrived a bit earlier too. So single ticket it is then, and it will just be me because mrs Bob screwed up her diary and she’s not home until late tomorrow. It really feels like Christmas Eve today. Probably going to take out gap insurance for final peace of mind and I can let the fun begin.
Brilliant news!! I’m just about to call them and see if my car has made it for a tomorrow collection. Good luck tomorrow and see you on the road!

Reactions: StarbucksBob

I completely agree with you that care should be taken to read the small print! The “small print” for my particular insurer is laudably clear on the matter :

New car replacement
If you or your partner are the first and only registered keeper, within 12 months of buying your car from new and:
the estimated cost of repairing the damage is more than 50% of the manufacturer’s list price (including taxes and accessories) when the damage or loss happened; or when it’s stolen and not recovered, we’ll replace your car with a new one of the same make, model and specification. If one is not available in the UK, we’ll pay you the price you paid for your car or the manufacturer’s current list price (including taxes) whichever is less. Your car will then become our property.

So in the event that my Y is written off in the first year, I’ll either get the car replaced, the original invoice value plus accessories, or the current purchase price if that’s lower than invoice price. My personal risk profile decided that I was happy to carry the first year without a separate gap policy - other folks risk profiles of course may differ.

So yes be careful and check the small print, but you may as well make the most use of the features on your expensive motor vehicle policies if they meet your needs too!

If you’re south west of Glasgow then you surely will.
Certainly will, I’m out towards Paisley and work in East Kilbride 👍🏻

Also, popped into the Tesla centre as I was in the area and all confirmed for the car being picked up tomorrow morning 🥳🥳

There looks like a few more people in the Glasgow area joining the Model Y family

Attachments

• FB3E6CD1-4995-4797-B145-9DDA4351AE43.jpeg
    FB3E6CD1-4995-4797-B145-9DDA4351AE43.jpeg
    567.8 KB · Views: 64