Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So….my EDD changed last week and a chat with Tesla via text stated I’d been assigned a car but they wouldn’t give me a VIN. The VIN source code checkers on iOS and the chrome extension didn’t show a VIN.

I’ve dusted off the old laptop and opened up chrome. A Ctrl U followed by Ctrl F has found me a VIN!!!!!

LRWYHCEK4PC560***

EDD 17 Nov to Dec 1
W/B/20/Towbar Manchester pick up
Order 6/7

My advice around hidden vin is use chrome on a windows device and stick to the manual Ctrl U and Ctrl F (look for LRW)

Reactions: SteelmanMFC
So….my EDD changed last week and a chat with Tesla via text stated I’d been assigned a car but they wouldn’t give me a VIN. The VIN source code checkers on iOS and the chrome extension didn’t show a VIN.

I’ve dusted off the old laptop and opened up chrome. A Ctrl U followed by Ctrl F has found me a VIN!!!!!

LRWYHCEK4PC560***

EDD 17 Nov to Dec 1
Order 6/7

My advice around hidden vin is use chrome on a windows device and stick to the manual Ctrl U and Ctrl F (look for LRW)
very same thing happened with mine had to do it the same way on a Windows pc
and the same spec to you 😂👍

Reactions: Lord Farquad

LRWYHCEK4PC560***

EDD 17 Nov to Dec 1
Order 6/7

My advice around hidden vin is use chrome on a windows device and stick to the manual Ctrl U and Ctrl F (lo
Have you been asked to accept or cancel your order due to the new vision mate ...I wasn't asked this so seemingly this means my car comes with the sensors and not this new vision camera only system

Have you been asked to accept or cancel your order due to the new vision mate ...I wasn't asked this so seemingly this means my car comes with the sensors and not this new vision camera only
No message about USS.

The VINs seem to suggest a Sep or Oct build and it’s a 2023 car. If they don’t have the latest cameras I hope the AP works better than my M3. The latest software has nobbled it from “very good” to “useless 99% of the time”.

Reactions: aldo286
No message about USS.

The VINs seem to suggest a Sep or Oct build and it’s a 2023 car. If they don’t have the latest cameras I hope the AP works better than my M3. The latest software has nobbled it from “very good” to “useless 99% of the time”.
yeah identical to mine mate .I asked the guy on the phone want system it had on it
he went and checked and said it was the standard system not the new one ..but I will believe that when I see it for myself as I'm sure you know tesla seem to make it up as they go along 😄

There’s a chance some cars will come with upgraded side cameras and USS - this has been reported in the USA by a M3 owner on Twitter (much larger side repeater lense vs previous), so it just depends when Shanghai started using the newer cameras vs stopping USS installs. It was reported that in the US the switch to 2023 model cars was around 4th October and USS delete around 7th October.

If Shanghai is similar, it would explain the batch of RHD vehicles parked up in WuWa’s 13th October video might have mixed specs having been built just days earlier.

I get the feeling that the new side cameras have been used in production for a good month or more in the states, as a USA user posted a pic of his Aug 30th car with a larger side repeater lense.

a hidden vin appeared for me at week end - showing a 2023 model- after I accepted the removal of USS online on account-
so I assume the 2023 model had USS removed -

Checked again today- and a new vin has appeared- showing a 2022 model?? so would this have USS ?

Now Im confused - am I better off with 2022 model- with USS or
2023 without - assuming technology/system is better some time in future

tried to get info from Tesla on chat- about as much good as a chocolate tea pot!!

a hidden vin appeared for me at week end - showing a 2023 model- after I accepted the removal of USS online on account-
so I assume the 2023 model had USS removed -

Checked again today- and a new vin has appeared- showing a 2022 model?? so would this have USS ?

Now Im confused - am I better off with 2022 model- with USS or
2023 without - assuming technology/system is better some time in future

tried to get info from Tesla on chat- about as much good as a chocolate tea pot!!
I think you would be better off with the 2023 version. Depends how good you are at parking 😊.

Although it’s not confirmed I think the cameras might have been upgraded in the new version. I’d rather have them when the car transitions to Vision.

Text from Tesla today and after a hidden VIN appearing last week:

Tesla Update - Your Model Y arrival date is being calculated and will show shortly in your Tesla app. We will be in contact soon to ask you to schedule your collection appointment. Please ensure your pre-delivery tasks are completed within the next seven days in your Tesla Account at ts.la/account
Not ready for your Model Y or need help? Reply here.

The app is holding steady at 19 Nov - 3 Dec EDD. Finally some hope! Anyone else got one today?

Reactions: H43lio and shishiss

Tesla Update - Your Model Y arrival date is being calculated and will show shortly in your Tesla app. We will be in contact soon to ask you to schedule your collection appointment. Please ensure your pre-delivery tasks are completed within the next seven days in your Tesla Account at ts.la/account

The app is holding steady at 19 Nov - 3 Dec EDD. Finally some hope! Anyone else got one today?
Based on my own experience last quarter you should receive another text asking you to schedule a collection date in the next 7 to 10 days! Happy times.

I got text too... EDD Nov 17th- Dec1st.. VIN is in source code