Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Obviously I'm missing something here but could somebody kindly explain what all the fuss about the VIN number is please? All cars have one (don't even know what mine is on my current car) so why all the interest in it?
When the VIN is allocated it means your car is on a boat to the UK and will arrive within 4 weeks. Until then your EDD is just speculation.
So the VIN is the magic dust which converts you standing in an endless queue into a real glimpse of the checkout.

Reactions: H43lio
When the VIN is allocated it means your car is on a boat to the UK and will arrive within 4 weeks. Until then your EDD is just speculation.
So the VIN is the magic dust which converts you standing in an endless queue into a real glimpse of the checkout.

Do you know if VIN's are allocated at certain points? I.e. when the car is loaded or when the ship arrives at a half way point or other?

Text from Tesla today and after a hidden VIN appearing last week:

Tesla Update - Your Model Y arrival date is being calculated and will show shortly in your Tesla app. We will be in contact soon to ask you to schedule your collection appointment. Please ensure your pre-delivery tasks are completed within the next seven days in your Tesla Account at ts.la/account
Not ready for your Model Y or need help? Reply here.

The app is holding steady at 19 Nov - 3 Dec EDD. Finally some hope! Anyone else got one today?

Just had this text too

Reactions: smythst

Tesla Update - Your Model Y arrival date is being calculated and will show shortly in your Tesla app. We will be in contact soon to ask you to schedule your collection appointment. Please ensure your pre-delivery tasks are completed within the next seven days in your Tesla Account at ts.la/account

The app is holding steady at 19 Nov - 3 Dec EDD. Finally some hope! Anyone else got one today?
Add me to the list of people who got this text today. Details in sig.

Odd one, in reply to the text I asked why I have received communication about accepting USS not being available and the response was: There was no mention of Radar on the website at the time I placed the order…

I’ve seen people order later than June and receive this message…doesn’t make sense to me

Attachments

• 8E848CF3-CFE9-4FBE-9613-D4FD4111DC0D.jpeg
    8E848CF3-CFE9-4FBE-9613-D4FD4111DC0D.jpeg
    225.7 KB · Views: 135

yeah I got the same text

Mine was exactly the same but September Order, currently showing Jan4-Feb28. They seemed pretty certain it would be that but they always seem to add the “possibility” word at the end of their sentence 😂
And the same for me for Mid Aug order now EDD Jan 4 - Feb 28. Still it at least gives me a bit more time to sort my ”non standard” installation of a car charger through next doors garden and then through some council land. Wish me luck 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: smythst
Having spoken to someone yesterday who couldn’t tell me anything due to GDPR on live chat (due to it being a Lex order) I thought I’d try my luck today.
Spoke with someone extremely helpful who said that I’m not on the ‘current’ vessel but looking at my account he thought extremely likely I’ll be a December delivery.

Ordered 11th October 2022
MYLR. Black ext/White Int/20’ Induction Wheels.

Reactions: Redbaron73
Having spoken to someone yesterday who couldn’t tell me anything due to GDPR on live chat (due to it being a Lex order) I thought I’d try my luck today.
Spoke with someone extremely helpful who said that I’m not on the ‘current’ vessel but looking at my account he thought extremely likely I’ll be a December delivery.

Ordered 11th October 2022
MYLR. Black ext/White Int/20’ Induction Wheels.
I'm with Lex and when I phoned up, got a different answer. Ordered 2nd of August and told that it's likely will be February.

Try calling Tesla up on 01628450660. They just need your RN number.

Last edited:
Spoken to online chat this morning with Tesla and they have said although my delivery showing as Jan/Feb, there’s a good chance that it will come back to December. He said to keep an eye over the next week as likely to be some changes…

Order date 29 sept - LR/MSM/Black/19/tow bar

Reactions: BladNort
Odd one, in reply to the text I asked why I have received communication about accepting USS not being available and the response was: There was no mention of Radar on the website at the time I placed the order…

I’ve seen people order later than June and receive this message…doesn’t make sense to me
Sounds like the person replying is getting confused to be honest. I didn't get a message about accepting non USS, and I'm highly suspecting they'll be fitted, along with upgraded cameras - we shall see, but that's just my hunch. The USS messages will be automated based on assigned VIN specifications, so a human being may never give you a straight answer.

Going by findings from the USA, I believe there was a very small overlap of 3 days or so between 2023 Models going into production, and the phase out of USS, so this could equate to around 8,000 cars with a crossover in specs, although I'm guessing it's much less than this. I suppose it will depend on multiple factors, such as using up existing parts inventory etc etc. We shall see on collection.

Sounds like the person replying is getting confused to be honest. I didn't get a message about accepting non USS, and I'm highly suspecting they'll be fitted, along with upgraded cameras - we shall see, but that's just my hunch. The USS messages will be automated based on assigned VIN specifications, so a human being may never give you a straight answer.

Going by findings from the USA, I believe there was a very small overlap of 3 days or so between 2023 Models going into production, and the phase out of USS, so this could equate to around 8,000 cars with a crossover in specs, although I'm guessing it's much less than this. I suppose it will depend on multiple factors, such as using up existing parts inventory etc etc. We shall see on collection.

I like the possibility of having a rare variant :)

Reactions: Emodder
If this RCC EUROPE table is correct in the shipment page then, a lot of the people with EDD of mid Nov-Dec already have hidden VIN and likely to be on SUMMIT. Therefore from speaking with Tesla he said it was a good chance my Jan/Feb delivery would arrive in December. Is it possible that this week people could start seeing EDD jump back from Q1 to Q4?!