Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

Been on call to tesla just few minutes ago - been told if no sms/confirmation from tesla received by 28th of November - that means you not getting your car this year. Apparently current ship allocations been sent out - but they waiting for 1 more ship to be loaded in ~1 week and then 3 weeks to get here.

So much presure o_O😂

07/07/22 order confirmed date - MY long range, standard white outside/ black inside, base wheels. No extras

Hi All,

Been on call to tesla just few minutes ago - been told if no sms/confirmation from tesla received by 28th of November - that means you not getting your car this year. Apparently current ship allocations been sent out - but they waiting for 1 more ship to be loaded in ~1 week and then 3 weeks to get here.

So much presure o_O😂

07/07/22 order confirmed date - MY long range, standard white outside/ black inside, base wheels. No extras
We have ordered the same thing, just a month apart (me 31/08). Did they say all the texts have been sent out for those ships or are they still ongoing?

IE the three ships are still being allocated and texts sent out? Or have all three ships been allocated and it all comes down to the final ship... Want to know if I should keep frantically checking my text messages 😂

VIN’s were allocated last week before RCC Europe set off.

So it doesn’t make sense that those VIN’s on RCC Europe have been assigned yet - unless RCC Europe is not on Tesla business - again unlikely as WuWa confirmed she was on Tesla business.

Maybe Majority of cars on RCC Europe are big business lease orders? Who knows.

There’s another ship which is pulling into Shanghai (I think it was today) which could be destined for UK.
Let’s see

Hidden vin apoeared about an hour ago and change in delivery time to Nov 17 - Dec 2. Question for those that have got their delivery dates, mine is now requesting I pay the money however did you get an exact delivery date prior to paying? A little reluctant to pay and then it gets pushed back again 😂

Hidden vin apoeared about an hour ago and change in delivery time to Nov 17 - Dec 2. Question for those that have got their delivery dates, mine is now requesting I pay the money however did you get an exact delivery date prior to paying? A little reluctant to pay and then it gets pushed back again 😂
You only need to pay in the week leading up to your scheduled delivery appointment

Reactions: perry12396
Ordered a few weeks ago after a €12k price drop to €53k here in Ireland. Delivery Feb-Mar 2023

I suspect these cars will come from Berlin rather than China, were the current right hand drive long range for Europe is built. My main reason is that the price drop was because an EU made car doesn't attract 10% import duty that the China made cars attract (this saves about €5k), this also meant the car now qualified for the €5k subsidy here in Ireland as the price went under the €60k threshold

Thoughts?

Also I presume if the car is made in Berlin, it will have the 55kWh BYD Blade battery pack for a 440km WLTP range and not the CATL 60kWh battery pack the Chinese cars are fitted with for a 455km WLTP range?
I've just had another look at this, there wasn't a 12k price drop in Ireland, it was the introduction of the RWD model which is cheaper than LR everywhere due to a smaller battery and only one motor. We had the same in the UK.

It has nothing to do with the EU and 10% import duty.

• Informative
Reactions: S3XY T3SLA
Latest order Ive seen posted on this forum is 11th June. Of course July orders for MYLR have been fulfilled too, but the recent VIN shower has got to June 11th so far.
I’m very much not with a VIN yet from July 12th :) one more boat maybe? Also worth checking if later orders are leasers as that can skew things.

Mine is Tesla direct.

I reckon one or two boats after RCC Europe would clear up July direct orders for MYLR based off how far the “queues” are moving.

Obviously full disclaimer that there’s probably outliers!!

Last edited: