Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am getting desperate now chaps
Screenshot_20221112-083750_Messages.jpg

Reactions: H43lio
Finally the hidden VIN dropped in today (or may be yesterday). Couple of questions to the experts here.

1. My VIN appears to be LRWYHCEKXPC542XXX - Is there any logic to VIN sequencing considering many in the previous shipment had 578XXX and few even 616XXX? My VIN being 542XXX Is this still a 2023 model?
Feels like a lottery, and not really sure if I will be missing something or gaining something.

2. The EDD on my account changed to 6 Dec - 21 Dec yesterday. I placed the order at end of June, and this is the only period in the year I did not want the car to be delivered considering I am out of country starting 10th 😂 (for 4 weeks) - Does anyone know the average waiting period for the car to be delivered after hidden VIN appeared?

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: naigle
Finally the hidden VIN dropped in today (or may be yesterday). Couple of questions to the experts here.

1. My VIN appears to be LRWYHCEKXPC542XXX - Is there any logic to VIN sequencing considering many in the previous shipment had 578XXX and few even 616XXX? My VIN being 542XXX Is this still a 2023 model?
Feels like a lottery, and not really sure if I will be missing something or gaining something.

2. The EDD on my account changed to 6 Dec - 21 Dec yesterday. I placed the order at end of June, and this is the only period in the year I did not want the car to be delivered considering I am out of country starting 10th 😂 (for 4 weeks) - Does anyone know the average waiting period for the car to be delivered after hidden VIN appeared?

Thanks in advance!
Also since the hot topic now is USS - In the source code when I search for USS, I found “ShowUssRemivalDisclaimer”:false - Does this signify anything?

Reactions: Morpheus84
Also since the hot topic now is USS - In the source code when I search for USS, I found “ShowUssRemivalDisclaimer”:false - Does this signify anything?
Your car more likely will have USS. Look at my signature for my VIN. Tesla confirmed mine does. You can call them to confirm. The answer to the source code you mention is in my previous post yesterday in the forum.

Doesn't matter of you have them right? Have they not already been disabled through software?
I don’t think they have been disabled. The only question really is; If you get a car delivered this quarter with USS, do you get the other upgrades too?

There are rumours of new cameras and rear seat. It would be unfair if the cars with USS were delivered without these upgrade and then USS was turned off in an update.

I for one would prefer USS over the new cameras etc but if USS is going to be turned off then I obviously want the cameras too.

I also find it interesting that when I spoke to Tesla, they said your car does have USS and there was no mention of it being turned off already or soon!

The rear seat has nothing to do with USS, so what seat you get is purely based on what was in stock when the vehicle was made.
I’m not saying it has anything to do with USS but the cars that are getting delivered with USS may have been sat on the Shanghai dockyard since last quarter having missed the last ship etc. The main point regarding cars not having USS is that they are definitely produced after those that do have it and therefore much more likely to have upgrades.

Reactions: H43lio
You can cancel your current one and just buy from the existing stock, not sure if it’s more expensive now? I placed an order on 2nd Nov, and got delivery date on 26th Nov
I am a lease customer so it's not an option unfortunately, the MYLR they have available is also significantly cheaper than my order too.. which is a real pain. Is your order a RWD MY or a Long range? Really don't want to have to wait until March!! Figure if I pester them a bit it might do something!

Now I have the hidden VIN I thought I would get my insurance quote. A simple case of adding a MY LR to my Admiral policy. Because it renews in February it would only calculate the change from the date I collect (guessed a date) to when the policy renews. So for 57 days of cover it was approx £44. Which if that is extrapolated up to a year equates to a quote of £281. Didnt check the excess for this,but I asked for £150. Seems a bargain!!!