Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had already confirmed a pickup in Glasgow for the 24th Nov but just got another text asking to confirm a pick up on the 12th Dec. I've replied back asking why the mix up. Hope they've not messed it up as my current car goes back a week after the 24th. Anyone else had a similar mix up?

Is it necessary to change model y's tyres to winter tyres? For example, Michelin crossclimate 2 SUV? I do a lot of driving on motorways
There is no legal requirement.

Michelin CC2 are all-season tyres, not winter tyres. They are a good all round tyre and can make sense in the UK. Summer tyres (as fitted as standard on the MY in the UK) start to lose performance when temperatures get into single digits.

The vast majority of vehicles in the UK are fitted with summer tyres all year round. On the motorway you should leave a larger gap to the car in front in low temperatures as your stopping distance is increased.

Reactions: subaruspirit
Got the text today to book collection. Dates given are Dec 12 to 15.

Gave them a call to check if the collection can be rescheduled to the week before (since we are out of country for 3.5 weeks) - They cannot reschedule it to earlier date unfortunately.

However, the biggest takeaway is that since my VIN is quite low (542xxx) - The operator confirmed that it comes with USS sensor but not the latest Tesla Vision cameras - Bitter sweet moment! Thinking I might just hold back until the next next shipment.

Quick question to anyone who has refused collection after receiving collection date from Tesla - Do you go back down the list or will you be slotted in the next shipment? Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Bal83

Gave them a call to check if the collection can be rescheduled to the week before (since we are out of country for 3.5 weeks) - They cannot reschedule it to earlier date unfortunately.

However, the biggest takeaway is that since my VIN is quite low (542xxx) - The operator confirmed that it comes with USS sensor but not the latest Tesla Vision cameras - Bitter sweet moment! Thinking I might just hold back until the next next shipment.

Quick question to anyone who has refused collection after receiving collection date from Tesla - Do you go back down the list or will you be slotted in the next shipment? Thanks in advance!
I refused collection twice and was offered a car as soon as one became available.

Totally understandable. I called my bank too just to see if anyone had done this before. Luckily the person who answered had experience dealing with US companies and said they tend to confuse things by adding the IBAN and such usually for international transfers.
You can do multiple across multiple days (£25k limit is per day) and just time one for late at night, and another for after midnight. At least with BoS. We decided to just put £25k down and finance the rest as we didn't want to start touching other accounts to put towards a car. Just happened to work out that BoS was right at that limit.
I tried to make my payment at one of the Bank of Scotland (BoS) branch. Teller told me they can't verified the given info and required me to confirm (name, address, whether it is in UK.. Etc) before helping me to execute the wire transfer.

I panic and stopped transfer.. Still waiting Tesla reply my inquiry.....

Interestingly, I just spoke to TESLA regarding this. If you look at my signature, my vin is quite low as well and it has previously been confirmed that my car does have USS! The advisor did a quick check on the spec of my vehicle and it does come with RCCB cameras. He then did a check on a vehicle which does not have USS, and he confirmed that the cameras were the same. He mentioned that the helpdesk has been receiving lots of calls about the cameras, but they have not actually been informed that any new cameras have been installed yet or if they are going to be. His exact words were, your car is no different to a car without USS apart from the fact it has USS. The only software difference he mentioned was the fact that my car will use USS for park assist and newer cars will use TESLA vision when it finally comes.

He also said that they have had no word as to whether USS will be turned off in the future, but if it is, then the car will simply use TESLA vision instead of the USS sensors. Obviously this will only happen when TESLA vision is fully implemented.