Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New owners

I would highly recommend getting this Air Vent cover to prevent the attached image!

62EF6E7C-A750-4726-A257-97AF07AB45FC.jpeg

Nearly happened to me, when the beads of some bracket fell apart in the car. Luckily I had this installed today.

I would try secure it down with some masking tape if it comes off because of the sticky tape when using warm air. Worked for me so far!

Try copying and pasting the the Link below for amazon

Last edited:
Cross posted from the Q4 collection thread.

Just ticked over 2000 miles since collection so a rough summary:

In short, love it, but not as much as my 4 year old.

Comfort - very happy with the seats, the auto levels to the seat heating have been a lovely thing to have in the cold weather, combined with how fast the steering wheel heats up I can keep the climate set to a comfortable 19 on (auto) low speed. Still tinkering with the seat and steering wheel to get just the right spot, feels like I have almost hit that one! As for suspension, firm but not harsh or crashy I suspect the 19" wheels help with that a bit.

Driving - I do 110ish miles per day mostly motorway but some A road and B road in there too, from what i am used to previously the MY is a tall car but feels like it is on rails most of the time. Auto pilot is great on the motorway but way too skittish anywhere else, or at least to my liking. turning circle is just woeful but a very minor annoyance. Update with the auto cancelling indicators is genius but I am most looking forward to eventually getting the blended breaking.

Practicality - so much space! It was nice to discover that the forward part of the boot floor can hold the cables and emergency kit thing so that’s now nicely out of the way. Picked up a family shop, all bags were secreted away either under the floor or under the bonnet leaving space to then will the boot with wood (after taking out the parcel shelf). It's just cavernous, the previous Octavia IV would swallow anything we put at it but the MY is just in a different league.

Efficiency - 2049 miles in and I have averaged 288m/kWh and got 276m/kWh this morning in a bit of a rush... before the weather took a turn average was 265m/kWh, no doubt this will improve as I get more use to the best way to treat it. Ohme Home Pro kicks out 32.6kWh over a 4 hour charge window so enough to keep it with plenty of range for my daily use without having to resort to peak charging hours.

As someone who spends quite a lot of time in the car and needs family practicality its just about the perfect vehicle.

Sorry for the rambling, as you can tell I am no professional writer so please excuse the terrible grammar!

You should have “Navigate on Autopilot” available to you if EAP has been applied to your vehicle correctly.

If you don’t have “Navigate on Autopilot” available then raise a service call.

Allegedly a future firmware update will add back “Summon”/“AutoPark” etc for you (assuming you have a vehicle without USS fitted) but there is no reason I’m aware of why you shouldn’t have “Navigate on Autopilot” available to you right now.
Thanks for the reply.
I have Navigate on Autopliot beta.

Thanks for the reply.
I have Navigate on Autopliot beta.
Then you have EAP applied to the vehicle correctly.

Summon/Smart Summon/Autopark features included in the EAP package are indeed supposedly coming in a future firmware update, along with Tesla Vision features intended to “replace” the ultrasonic sensors that have been removed from your vehicle.

I don’t believe Tesla has yet provided a timeline to return to feature parity with USS equipped cars.

Hi all, abit of advice if it's ok? Just got a Tesla (Model Y) over the weekend and a home charger won't be available for a good few weeks.

1. Would it be ok for the car to remain unplugged as long as it doesn't fall under the 20% (anything else I can do whilst the car isn't driven or plugged in, to keep things ticking along / keeping the battery warm)?
2. Looking to use a 22KW in the mean time, this is the closest one to me until my charger is installed is that ok for the battery, I have read that the slower the charge, the better it is for the battery but wondering if 22KW is too fast and would damage the battery?
3. When they say always keep your Tesla plugged in, does that mean plugged in and charging so for example if your limit is 50%, it would constantly keep it at 50% for example when it drops to 49%
4. Related to number 3 or is it best to only plug in for example when you want to charge to your daily limit. Once the charge has been complete, disconnect and then repeat

Sorry for these, as im sure they have been answered a million times before and thanks to any replies.

Hi all, abit of advice if it's ok? Just got a Tesla (Model Y) over the weekend and a home charger won't be available for a good few weeks.

1. Would it be ok for the car to remain unplugged as long as it doesn't fall under the 20% (anything else I can do whilst the car isn't driven or plugged in, to keep things ticking along / keeping the battery warm)?
2. Looking to use a 22KW in the mean time, this is the closest one to me until my charger is installed is that ok for the battery, I have read that the slower the charge, the better it is for the battery but wondering if 22KW is too fast and would damage the battery?
3. When they say always keep your Tesla plugged in, does that mean plugged in and charging so for example if your limit is 50%, it would constantly keep it at 50% for example when it drops to 49%
4. Related to number 3 or is it best to only plug in for example when you want to charge to your daily limit. Once the charge has been complete, disconnect and then repeat

Sorry for these, as im sure they have been answered a million times before and thanks to any replies.
1 - Yes, that is fine. If it is an LFP battery model (MY RWD) then you ideally want to charge it to 100% every week or two to keep the battery system calibrated. Nothing else to do, just don't use Sentry mode as it uses a lot of energy.

2 - That is fine, the Tesla can only use 11 kWh anyway.

3 - ignore that, it is just dumbing down advise to ensure you always have a good charge for people who cannot think for themselves.

4 - if you set a schedule then it should wake and charge up to the limit you have set every day. No need to unplug and plug back in - although some 'smart' chargers don't always like that.

You can leave the car unplugged for as long as you want/need. Some of us with time-of-use tariffs do so to avoid the car randomly topping up or preconditioning etc during peak rate periods and I personally have never found a downside to doing that. In winter I normally unplug when the charge is complete but from March-September leave it plugged in more frequently because the solar system tends to produce excess which might as well be used by the car.

Generally a YLR would normally be charged to between 80-90% but can be comfortably left at any double figure state of charge (100% only prior to a journey). As mentioned in an earlier reply, the YRWD can be regularly charged fully to 100%.

Teslas' battery tech is quite impressive & reliable so will cope well with most variations of usage.

1 - Yes, that is fine. If it is an LFP battery model (MY RWD) then you ideally want to charge it to 100% every week or two to keep the battery system calibrated. Nothing else to do, just don't use Sentry mode as it uses a lot of energy.

2 - That is fine, the Tesla can only use 11 kWh anyway.

3 - ignore that, it is just dumbing down advise to ensure you always have a good charge for people who cannot think for themselves.

4 - if you set a schedule then it should wake and charge up to the limit you have set every day. No need to unplug and plug back in - although some 'smart' chargers don't always like that.
Appreciate the reply, thank you. A lot of that is reassuring "phew" and thankfully doesn't seem as daunting switching from ICE to EV.

Looking at a Hypervolt, im a sucker for flashing lights!

You can leave the car unplugged for as long as you want/need. Some of us with time-of-use tariffs do so to avoid the car randomly topping up or preconditioning etc during peak rate periods and I personally have never found a downside to doing that. In winter I normally unplug when the charge is complete but from March-September leave it plugged in more frequently because the solar system tends to produce excess which might as well be used by the car.

Generally a YLR would normally be charged to between 80-90% but can be comfortably left at any double figure state of charge (100% only prior to a journey). As mentioned in an earlier reply, the YRWD can be regularly charged fully to 100%.

Teslas' battery tech is quite impressive & reliable so will cope well with most variations of usage.
Thanks Drew, sorry really stupid question coming up... post March you mentioned you leave it on because of your excess solar energy. Does that then mean if your limit is 60% and the car falls to 59%, it'll just keep topping it up to 60% all the time or just when you've scheduled to charge? Will that be a problem longer term as I read about charging cycles etc. Hope that makes sense.

Many thanks in anticipation

Thanks Drew, sorry really stupid question coming up... post March you mentioned you leave it on because of your excess solar energy. Does that then mean if your limit is 60% and the car falls to 59%, it'll just keep topping it up to 60% all the time or just when you've scheduled to charge? Will that be a problem longer term as I read about charging cycles etc. Hope that makes sense.

Many thanks in anticipation
Yes that does happen. I have a Zappi charge device and when set to Eco+ without a schedule it will aim to charge using excess solar or keep to whatever target SOC is set by the car/Tesla app (a Zappi can be configured to always use 100% solar PV when the excess is >1.4kWh).

My Model 3 lost very little each day, 1% at most so I didn't really notice much happening. So far & although it's winter & colder, the Model YLR seems to be behaving the same... last charged on Sunday night to 90% (always shows 89% actual), unused & unplugged since & still has 88% SOC.

Either way, in spite of regular 80-90% SOC & frequently remaining above 50% before charging again, the Model 3 displayed totally average battery performance after nearly three years when compared to what others had reported. I wouldn't worry about it.

Yes that does happen. I have a Zappi charge device and when set to Eco+ without a schedule it will aim to charge using excess solar or keep to whatever target SOC is set by the car/Tesla app (a Zappi can be configured to always use 100% solar PV when the excess is >1.4kWh).

My Model 3 lost very little each day, 1% at most so I didn't really notice much happening. So far & although it's winter & colder, the Model YLR seems to be behaving the same... last charged on Sunday night to 90% (always shows 89% actual), unused & unplugged since & still has 88% SOC.

Either way, in spite of regular 80-90% SOC & frequently remaining above 50% before charging again, the Model 3 displayed totally average battery performance after nearly three years when compared to what others had reported. I wouldn't worry about it.
Thanks Drew, that’s perfect and allays some fears. Im hoping down the line to get some solar panels installed so thanks for the tip around keeping it installed. Buying and coming up to buying an EV has given me so many emotions ive never felt before when compared to an ICE car. Thanks again.

Has anyone who got the free 6,000 miles of supercharging managed to use it yet? I picked up my Y on the 24th so I’m eligible and received the email from Tesla but was charged £15 for supercharging on Sunday.

Do I need to activate it on the app somehow?
Im in the same boat and they just told me it'll get added to your account in Jan (won't give me a date). I dont think you'll need to do anything in the app and they'll just appear.... Out of interest I got charged aswell, do you know how quick your account is debited?

Im in the same boat and they just told me it'll get added to your account in Jan (won't give me a date). I dont think you'll need to do anything in the app and they'll just appear.... Out of interest I got charged aswell, do you know how quick your account is debited?
My car threw a tantrum the minute I took the charger out saying that I didn’t have a payment method in my wallet in the app and that all supercharging was now blocked, when I got home I put in my bank card and it took the money straight away

My car threw a tantrum the minute I took the charger out saying that I didn’t have a payment method in my wallet in the app and that all supercharging was now blocked, when I got home I put in my bank card and it took the money straight away
By tantrum you mean it popped up a message saying you needed to sort out a payment method in the app, right?

I had the same experience when I picked mine up but I came away from it impressed at how integrated the process was and thinking it was good customer service that Tesla let you have one ‘free’ charge with no payment method rather than blocking you from charging until you’d configured one.