Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got them too.
How does it work?
Automatically deducted at Super Charger site?
Yes you will see a £ value on the car screen increasing as you charge but it becomes zero when you finish. It also shows as zero in the app 'Account -> Charging -> History' (similarly in your online account)
1672948570017.png

Last edited:
Yes you will see a £ value on the car screen increasing as you charge but it becomes zero when you finish. It also shows as zero in the app 'Account -> Charging -> History' (similarly in your online account)
View attachment 892683
Hi Everyone,
I have a new MYP and an older MS (with free supercharging).
I was gifted the 6,000 miles of free supercharging and have not used my MYP on a supercharger yet.
I charged my MS on Tuesday and it appears to be subtracting free miles from the 6,000 allocation. I put in a service request with Tesla clearly stating the problem and they've quoted me £449 for remote diagnosis and a physical appointment to check my HV cables on my MS and have said this is not covered under warranty as my warranty has expired.

Tesla service (in my experience) has never been great, but this is just confusing. I won't have the time to go back and forth with them on this one, but just an FYI for those with more than one Tesla: check the usage as you go.

Hi Everyone,
I was gifted the 6,000 miles of free supercharging and have not used my MYP on a supercharger yet.
I charged my MS on Tuesday and it appears to be subtracting free miles from the 6,000 allocation. I put in a service request with Tesla clearly stating the problem and they've quoted me £449 for remote diagnosis and a physical appointment to check my HV cables on my MS and have said this is not covered under warranty as my warranty has expired.

Tesla service (in my experience) has never been great, but this is just confusing. I won't have the time to go back and forth with them on this one, but just an FYI for those with more than one Tesla: check the usage as you go.
Can I just ask incase you know.... these free 6K miles are they supposed to be tied to the car or your account? So if I was to purchase another Tesla I won't be able to use them and they'll stay with the car even if I sold it?

Hi Everyone,

When I had two Teslas both drew down the free supercharger miles so by using a second email address I created a separate account for the one I was selling. I then 'sold' that car to myself via the Tesla app which removed it from the primary account. Once done, that account has kept the free supercharging miles to use with the new car. The older car (which had 'earned' the miles) would then require payment for any SuC sessions until I sold it (never needed them).

If you use the same procedure to move the Model S to a separate account then it will work... obviously you will then need to log out/log in on the Tesla app when using either.
They will not stay with the car, they are tied to your account.
Yes, they are tied to your account and one reason why I did not sell the older car before purchasing the Model Y. Once an account no longer has a Tesla registered to it, any benefits like this are wiped clear, even with a trade in which handles the purchase-by-Tesla transfer immediately prior to the sell-new-car element (but not concurrently, hence the account is briefly cleared).

My local SC in Chester helped me do all this in person and it has worked perfectly.

Reactions: BATMOBILE786
Working now thanks. Incidentally i shortlisted these. Hows the fit, do they come up high on the sides? You got any photos? Cant see any on the amazon listing. Thanks in anticipation
Fit is really good. I had genuine Tesla mats for my Model 3 and I would say these are just as good as those but obviously for Model Y. They come up at the sides slightly. I will take pics in the morning and post on here.

Reactions: Mistake Not