Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally made the move and ordered the model Y. Is there are tracker to find out where we stand and when the cars will be shipped to the UK? My order number is RN1158565## and wonder where I stand with the rest of the community that ordered one. :)

Finally made the move and ordered the model Y. Is there are tracker to find out where we stand and when the cars will be shipped to the UK? My order number is RN1158565## and wonder where I stand with the rest of the community that ordered one. :)

Assuming your RN is RN115856500 and every order creates a sequential RN number, that's only ~650 orders behind mine and I ordered at 9am on 15 Oct.

Perhaps the demand isn't as high as we assumed it would be?

I saw one article mention March, with the new reg then I'd probably just wait anyways if offered in February.

Also their quarter high sale months appear to be June/September this year so I'd infer December/March for next two quarters.

My RN is 1159xxx so seems random or they sold a million :)

Interestingly I got my order in for a P at 8am on the 15th and have an RN number of RN115855214 then a few days later ordered an LR and have this number RN115852453, a number less than the P ordered a number of days earlier, so make of it what you want…
Do we think the LR will be early in delivery or do you think we will get a 22 model with the new battery 🔋 etc… I can hardly contain my excitement…

Interestingly I got my order in for a P at 8am on the 15th and have an RN number of RN115855214 then a few days later ordered an LR and have this number RN115852453, a number less than the P ordered a number of days earlier, so make of it what you want…
Do we think the LR will be early in delivery or do you think we will get a 22 model with the new battery 🔋 etc… I can hardly contain my excitement…
I ordered a Y LR early in the morning on the 15th Oct (around 6:30 am) and my RN is 1158525xx, so go figure. Doesn’t seem to be a sequential sequence.

RN's are indeed random apparently or are they? One can throw a bit of speculation with them being sequential with regards to a particular model or spec...maybe? ... Or maybe the RN's are random but are then sorted and delivered sequentially... Tombola maybe.

RN's are indeed random apparently or are they? One can throw a bit of speculation with them being sequential with regards to a particular model or spec...maybe? ... Or maybe the RN's are random but are then sorted and delivered sequentially... Tombola maybe.
RN sequence based on a particular spec is a good theory. Especially taking into account how orders are allocated on the ships after departing Shanghai.

Wait for YP is painful
It's character forming. I waited 2 years on the Model 3 Reservation list, then 3 months from actual order to delivery. During the wait for delivery there were about 3 different times the prices were changed, the LR was discontinued at one point, the free colour changed and there was next to no information from Tesla. I then got 3 days notice to pay and collect.

I'm pretty sure I could cope with more or less anything these days.

It's character forming. I waited 2 years on the Model 3 Reservation list, then 3 months from actual order to delivery. During the wait for delivery there were about 3 different times the prices were changed, the LR was discontinued at one point, the free colour changed and there was next to no information from Tesla. I then got 3 days notice to pay and collect.

I'm pretty sure I could cope with more or less anything these days.
Haha love this !

Reservation numbers were, at time of Model 3 new to UK, not sequential, but the invoice number on the booking form was. Iirc we had our reservation number well before we ordered but even for those that didn’t, there was never any pattern. Things may be different these days, but reservations and orders were not the same hence two different sets of numbers. Iirc Invoice number also changed if order was amended - we certainly had more than one.

Look what we have here!

Apologies for the crap shots.

Traveller, demonstrator or press car? Could very well be the latter as the shots were taken on the way to the Longcross track where the press do quite a few track reviews. The early Model 3 press, demonstration and showroom cars were LHD.

E731DBAF-C450-4B79-9B39-BB04A840212A.jpeg

F7D7F8D1-33BC-4C2E-853E-7856676AA264.jpeg

575BF170-955B-424D-8843-F769F0189C4D.jpeg