Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Insurance Quotes Gone Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost identical situation to me... But you got a much better quote!
38yo, Cambridgeshire, SD&P, 10K, Driveway.
Currently drive a 2018 Q5 & pay £320 with Admiral - MY LR Quote from Admiral was £870!!!!

Bizarre mine was in the app on the back of my current multi car policy.

Just gave them a call and got everything set up, ready to just give them a reg when I know. £455.64.

ETA: They've bumped my excess up £500 compulsory plus £350 voluntary which I've kept. Also having my wife on as a named driver made a big difference when I quoted through the app, if you've got that option (if not stick a parent or sibling on? preferably if female and over 35). Finally the chap who sorted mine checked with his manager and the view was all Teslas have a tracker.

Last edited:
I literally just got an email from DL offering to 'continue my model Y quote'

Which then errored out..

They might be about to switch on quoting, but they sure have some IT issues to deal with first.

Coupled with the absolute lottery that is their phone system - some people have firm quotes for the model Y, others told soon, others told they're not doing it at all it makes me wonder what it would be like to make a claim..

Last edited:
Bizarre mine was in the app on the back of my current multi car policy.

Just gave them a call and got everything set up, ready to just give them a reg when I know. £455.64.

ETA: They've bumped my excess up £500 compulsory plus £350 voluntary which I've kept. Also having my wife on as a named driver made a big difference when I quoted through the app, if you've got that option (if not stick a parent or sibling on? preferably if female and over 35). Finally the chap who sorted mine checked with his manager and the view was all Teslas have a tracker.
Great thanks, maybe i'll give them a call or try through the APP! My original quote was through their website.

Forgot say that my online quote included my wife (37yo 18years NCD & i'm 20 year NCD)

1643989462814.png

Not too bad I suppose. Just need some of the competition to support MY now (looking at you, DirectLine/UKI).

I literally just got an email from DL offering to 'continue my model Y quote'

Which then errored out..

They might be about to switch on quoting, but they sure have some IT issues to deal with first.

Coupled with the absolute lottery that is their phone system - some people have firm quotes for the model Y, others told soon, others told they're not doing it at all it makes me wonder what it would be like to make a claim..
Your hunch is correct! Direct Line group have gone live with MY quotes now.

Screenshot 2022-02-04 at 17.10.05.png

I'll hop on to Direct Line in a jiffy, but first have had two " we can't do you Sir" as Model Y considered a performance car which we have no experience of! True, but ours is a long range, not performance (still obviously very quick). Spoke to man at Symonds who said " f ridiculous, it'll be the best selling car in UK", couldn't agree more.

Still trying to buy the car. My bank sends voice mail to confirm transaction to mobile. No reception= expired message = no car. Will try again on Monday. Smiley face.

Yay, thanks all, got a quote back from Direct Line, £436.55. £500.00 excess fully comp. That's more like it! They do, however reserve the right to change numbers once the reg is known. Speaking of which, just checked the purchase price to find that my payment has gone through and we now own a Tesla Model Y. Wifey away for the weekend, might get p***** and watch Byorn on Y Tube.

Been trying to get a quote with Direct Line based on my LTD Company as registered keeper/owner (selected ‘Company’ in options - is this correct?) and kept getting refused insurance. Changed registered keeper/owner to ‘Personal’ and receive a quote no problem - anyone else having the same or am I inputting something wrong? Buying car through LTD Company which I’ve not done before, only ever owned personally

Been trying to get a quote with Direct Line based on my LTD Company as registered keeper/owner (selected ‘Company’ in options - is this correct?) and kept getting refused insurance. Changed registered keeper/owner to ‘Personal’ and receive a quote no problem - anyone else having the same or am I inputting something wrong? Buying car through LTD Company which I’ve not done before, only ever owned personally

Admiral allow you to choose personal registrant and company owner which is cheaper FYI than company registrant and owner. If you want an invoice in the company name then most of these won’t do that

Reactions: Arran
I’m leasing through my company but insuring personally. With Direct Line I had to say that the lease company was the registered owner and the company was paying the lease. That therefore meant it was company car insurance and my quote was £6k!

With Admiral I told them the lease company was the registered owner and that was it. Personal insurance was £460.

My V5 log book will say

Mrs A N Other
ABC Ltd
1 High St
Etc

So I am the registered keeper (responsible for looking after the car, fines) the company is the legal owner (paying for the car and all associated costs)

My V5 log book will say

Mrs A N Other
ABC Ltd
1 High St
Etc

So I am the registered keeper (responsible for looking after the car, fines) the company is the legal owner (paying for the car and all associated costs)
That makes sense when I see it like that, cheers. Insurance is paid for by company or me personally? Basic questions I’m sure but I can’t find clear answers

I rang directline and then also did the website and they computer just says NO. Same on the phone? Anyone else getting no luck. It could not search my reg but I could enter Model Y manually. I got my reg from the Tesla help number today.

I rang directline and then also did the website and they computer just says NO. Same on the phone? Anyone else getting no luck. It could not search my reg but I could enter Model Y manually. I got my reg from the Tesla help number today.
Hi Ethernat. My understanding is that the pre delivery number plates won't be linked to the DVLA database at the time of issue preventing auto population of the car details on Insurer's databases. Cars are not normally registered with the DVLA until 24-48 hours before delivery.

However, as you have discovered, you can obtain a quote from an insurer by just enter the car details manually which remains active for around 30 days. You should be able to follow through by bringing up the quote, enter the reg and activate the insurance either via website or phone. This may have to be done nearer the time of collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.