Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y unveiling event 2019-03-14 (official thread)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wasn’t expecting an optional 3rd row. Probably a really tight squeeze back there but should be sufficient for my dogs. Was hoping for a little more info, perhaps the Tesla website will have some more stuff about it.

Well, we'll have to wait for third party reports... hopefully we'll see some of those within 24 hours, if Elon lets people actually sit in the car. But yeah, I don't see how they can cram 3 rows of seats in there without it being pretty cramped.

Hopefully Tesla will offer seating options as with the Model X, so the 3rd row can be removed and give more room for the 2nd row to stretch out.

Reactions: Ulmo
For anyone who wants a better look,videos and images of the model y are now on the official tesla site.

Love Tesla design generally, but I’m not a fan of the Y. It really does look like a 3 just photoshopped to be bigger. It just looks like lazy design, frankly. The X also looks like it’s derived from the S, but it retains some very unique design lines. The Y literally just looks like a 3 in need of a diet. Sort of disappointed.

The increased utility of the Y is fantastic though.

Love Tesla design generally, but I’m not a fan of the Y. It really does look like a 3 just photoshopped to be bigger. It just looks like lazy design, frankly. The X also looks like it’s derived from the S, but it retains some very unique design lines. The Y literally just looks like a 3 in need of a diet. Sort of disappointed.

The increased utility of the Y is fantastic though.

I think it looks better than I expected, at least the view on the order page. It was always going to be a model 3 variant.

Reactions: byeLT4
New York (CNN Business)Volvo will put a speed limit on its cars as part of its effort to eliminate fatal accidents.

The automaker says the limit will stop cars from going faster than 180 kilometers per hour, which works out to 112 mph. It said it is also considering other technology that could put stricter speed limits on cars driving near schools and hospitals.
Most cars can drive faster than 150 mph, and some automakers offer performance cars capable of driving even faster than that.
Volvo has set a goal of zero fatalities or serious injuries in new Volvos by 2020. But its statement Monday said that no matter what safety features it builds into cars, it needs to also address driver behavior as part of its efforts.

So hitting a school bus broadside at 112 will not kill anyone?

• Funny
Reactions: SW2Fiddler and S3XY
$2500 is a little steep for so little info, but luckily I found this on the Model Y order page:

"Until your Vehicle is delivered to you, you may cancel your pre-order at any time, in which case you will receive a full refund of your Pre-Order Payment. Until your pre-order is matched to a vehicle, you may make changes to your Vehicle Configuration."

https://www.tesla.com/order/download-order-agreement?redirect=no&country=US&model_code=my

modely-3.png

Reactions: Pkmmte and SD_Engnr