Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y VIN assigned!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spoke with Las Vegas a few minutes ago. Our estimated MY delivery timeline:
-Currently in CA on racetrack being tested and inspected.
-2 days later it will be on a truck.
-When it arrives in GA we will get a text to pick it up in MA 2 days later.
-They estimate delivery 1 week from today.
Fingers crossed.
LR/AWD/FSD/20” wheels/Blue-Black
What number did you call

My local DC just called me to ask if I wanted someone’s cancelled car! I had ordered blue LR AWD with white. They had blue sport with black. Needless to say, after much teeth cashing, I agreed! Hopefully will pickup today. Just FYI, they said they had one grey LR AWD in stock as well that is not spoken for. Dania Beach, FL.
Whoa that’s crazy. I’m sure someone will take it quickly.

Reactions: Electric Steve
Did you have a delivery date or anything? There is a guy who works for Tesla that has been looking into peoples orders on the Tesla Model Y FB Group. He's been a good source of info for me... things only really started moving after I talked to him once my own Delivery Advisor stopped responding.
I mentioned this in another thread, but I managed to speak to someone in NV and he said I could expect the delivery by the end of the month. He didn't offer a date or a VIN at the time, and he hasn't contacted me since to let me know anything has changed. Still, I strongly suspect that I'm not getting it in March. Probably not April, even.

Look, I realize that's not Tesla's fault. We're in the middle of a pandemic and all. But, given the circumstances, I wish I had more feedback. I shouldn't have had to call my local dealership just to get this guy's email just so he could call me once and then forget about me. I'm obviously not buying a Tesla for its customer service, but when I drop $75k, I usually expect the courtesy of a brief email. I'm strange that way.

*edit*

In the spirit of lighting a candle instead of cursing the dark, I just sent him a brief email asking whether I should expect a delay.

Did you get a Vin Yet? I got the call on Monday that I should be prepared to take delivery by the end of March in Arizona, and I still don't have my VIN available through an agreement or the web page coding.

Ordered 2/29/20 BLUE w/white interior and PUP
Good to hear! I'm in Tucson - have seen few AZ deliveries for some reason, hoping mine will be soon. Did you update all your info on line before they called on Monday?

Ahh, OK - I got the "Prepare for Delivery" email on 03/10/20. Immediately updated everything and now waiting to give them a check (no trade in) - easy money for them if they can produce.... :)
I actually just called the Scottsdale delivery center. I still have no VIN and they said they think it could be a while before I get it now. With the plant closed it's all up in the air. He also mentioned that the 1st week of every quarter is dedicated to European market production.

• Informative
Reactions: Dennisis
I actually just called the Scottsdale delivery center. I still have no VIN and they said they think it could be a while before I get it now. With the plant closed it's all up in the air. He also mentioned that the 1st week of every quarter is dedicated to European market production.
Many seem to be getting deliveries still as others cancel, can’t accept, etc... so I’m holding out hope for a last minute opportunity before EOM. Barring that yes, it may be a while. But I’ll be shocked if production doesn’t restart within 30 days tops, probably less.

My delivery date is scheduled for this Saturday. Just got my VIN and delivery date this morning. It is a MSM AWD LR Black Interior w/ 20" Induction non-FSD 28K VIN. I ordered day one never had any emails about getting ready for delivery. I just keep checking My Tesla page after people said they got an email and continued checking after every day after every step was completed for Trade-in, financing, etc.

same here... got a better offer from Carmax, spoke with my SA and she uploaded the appraisal in my trade-in so hope Tesla can match it... I'm waiting for my VIN. Based in Austin, TX. Where are you in TX?

Dallas -- I didn't even try to trade in match with Tesla. They're actually quite hard to communicate to, but that might be the whole virus thing. I've bought and sold so many cars at Carmax they love me. They were 2K better than Tesla and Carmax is so simple to sell to. My quote is more than 10 days old now, but I don't expect it to change. Rumor has it the Y might be here before end of March. Given all the uncertainty is was pretty hard pressing the enter button on the cash payment.

My delivery date is scheduled for this Saturday. Just got my VIN and delivery date this morning. It is a MSM AWD LR Black Interior w/ 20" Induction non-FSD 28K VIN. I ordered day one never had any emails about getting ready for delivery. I just keep checking My Tesla page after people said they got an email and continued checking after every day after every step was completed for Trade-in, financing, etc.

I ordered (on a whim) in early February. White, black, 20" too. Delivery says midnight Friday :) I guess they just drop it off at your house and active the key thru the app on your phone. Pretty crazy. I really thought this was an October event when I ordered, but I think the virus has turned upside down on the accepting orders. Tesla did say they were going to ship in March, but this being my first I didn't really believe it.

Got my Red MY today through Tesla Touchless Delivery System/Process. Check it out.
B3F52ED2-A844-45A9-BCAA-14296F758511.jpeg

How was the fit and finish and what range was your VIN in?

I couldn’t find anything wrong. In my opinion the fit and finish are flawless. This Red color is BEAUTIFUL! Pictures don’t reflect how awesome this color is when you see it in front of you. In my opinion it looks like a Red Ferrari! I iniatially ordered a Blue one but I am glad I switched to this Red color. BTW, this is my first Tesla and EV so based on other several threads and YouTube videos I read and watched prior to my delivery and during my purchase process, I carefully checked my car during the pickup to avoid surprises. There was a little bit of dirt inside on the roof the Delivery Center team missed during the clean up process but I took care of it.

To help others with questions about the process, I have detailed my whole ordering process on this other thread Delivery date set and VIN # 21XX

Hope this helps others that are going through it now.

Here are two more pictures for you guys!

Attachments

• 0B983765-2831-4FEF-B06B-DD77DA70E93A.jpeg
    0B983765-2831-4FEF-B06B-DD77DA70E93A.jpeg
    854 KB · Views: 70
  • 28CD4E4E-2172-4D9E-830A-B946324D99E0.jpeg
    28CD4E4E-2172-4D9E-830A-B946324D99E0.jpeg
    867.7 KB · Views: 69
I couldn’t find anything wrong. In my opinion the fit and finish are flawless. This Red color is BEAUTIFUL! Pictures don’t reflect how awesome this color is when you see it in front of you. In my opinion it looks like a Red Ferrari! I iniatially ordered a Blue one but I am glad I switched to this Red color. BTW, this is my first Tesla and EV so based on other several threads and YouTube videos I read and watched prior to my delivery and during my purchase process, I carefully checked my car during the pickup to avoid surprises. There was a little bit of dirt inside on the roof the Delivery Center team missed during the clean up process but I took care of it.

To help others with questions about the process, I have detailed my whole ordering process on this other thread Delivery date set and VIN # 21XX

Hope this helps others that are going through it now.

Here are two more pictures for you guys!
Great Color. I am waiting on a Blue W/White interior. Performance package. I wanted Red, Wife wanted White. We settled on Blue....go figure

• Disagree
Reactions: SparkyTX