Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y VIN assigned!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got mine this morning, 5YJYGDEE1LF010634. AWD LR, MSM, no FSD placed the reservation back in Sept 2019. I'm in Vegas so hopefully it'll be a quick delivery. Cool to see VIN's over 10K. It's also the E type now, I'm curious to see how this different VIN digit will effect any available upgrades down the road. I haven't really kept up on the AWD LR is also a Performance or whatever, also I doubt the wife will want to pay the money to go half a second faster.

Last edited:
Reactions: pt19713 and Ihdiot
Still waiting on ours. Day one order, LR AWD, MSM, Black interior, 19" wheels, FSD. East Coast (Maryland). And we have a Model 3, so I guess no priority. I'll try to stop complaining now and just keep checking to see if a VIN pops up.

Got mine this morning, 5YJYGDEE1LF010634. AWD LR, MSM, no FSD placed the reservation back in Sept 2019. I'm in Vegas so hopefully it'll be a quick delivery. Cool to see VIN's over 10K. It's also the E type now, I'm curious to see how this different VIN digit will effect any available upgrades down the road. I haven't really kept up on the AWD LR is also a Performance or whatever, also I doubt the wife will want to pay the money to go half a second faster.
My VIN has 4LF010644 at the end. Any idea what the "4" stands for?
Mine is MSM, AWD LR, 19" Gemini, no third row, no FSD.

My VIN has 4LF010644 at the end. Any idea what the "4" stands for?
Mine is MSM, AWD LR, 19" Gemini, no third row, no FSD.
From what I have seen that is a check digit. It has no meaning for describing the car but is used to validate that this is a valid VIN number. You might want to search on VIN decoder in TMC as it will take a VIN number and break it down into what each part means.

Reactions: pt19713
I don’t understand the pattern on how they are assigning VINs. Are the orders without trade in getting prioritized?
there doesn't appear to be any pattern other than ext/int color, wheel selection, FSD/no FSD and of course seating, along with regional areas. There appears to be a large increase of VIN assignments to the Northeast, which is where a lot of states had DMVs closed and no deliveries could be made.

Not sure how the VIN sequence is, but I know that those who are getting it are mostly with 19" wheels. If you think about it from an overall process, Tesla released Performance and some AWD models with 21" and 20" wheels pre-covid. They prob going through 19" wheels now, and hopefully go through 20" wheels again soon?

Not sure how the VIN sequence is, but I know that those who are getting it are mostly with 19" wheels. If you think about it from an overall process, Tesla released Performance and some AWD models with 21" and 20" wheels pre-covid. They prob going through 19" wheels now, and hopefully go through 20" wheels again soon?
Or they'll go back to 21s since it'll be close to the end of Q2 and they'll want to maximize sales figures, reduce inventory, etc. There are a lot of factors that probably are in play that we aren't privy to, especially with supply chain and the current state of the economy.

Or they'll go back to 21s since it'll be close to the end of Q2 and they'll want to maximize sales figures, reduce inventory, etc. There are a lot of factors that probably are in play that we aren't privy to, especially with supply chain and the current state of the economy.

Just saw a post on Reddit with someone getting a text on their PUP with 21" so maybe they are in there sporadically.

Reactions: Picasso
Got a Text from the Sr. Operations Advisor in Carlsbad Ca. Telling me that the Y is ready for pick up this Saturday! Vin# is 006641, so I called to get more info on this Vin# and the build date for this one is May 2020. Model Y, AWD Blue with Black interior, 19” Gemini wheels. No FSD and No Performance.

Original order date was 18 November 2019 (MSM) and on 16 March 2020 we switched the Color to Blue. Delivery date 30 May 2020

Fred

Last edited:
I pinged my account rep at Tesla about my VIN and minutes later I got the e-mail from Tesla and the MVPA. Doing the final steps on my loan and insurance, so once I get that done, I'm hoping my delivery date will get set. I lucked out in that my trade value and loan approval were still valid and nothing is needing to be redone. It seems Tesla is horribly inconsistent when it comes to this process. Something they definitely need to improve along with the initial quality of the cars.