Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y West Coast Waiting Room (April 2021 Orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree FSD is part of it. I’ve seen my exact config, apart from it having FSD, in the western states with a order date over a month after mine getting matched and delivered already. Makes sense to Tesla, I guess, for their end of quarter numbers. The software is already made, that is $10,000 in profit essentially. MYP would also be higher margins as well.

First time poster but I’ve really found this forum helpful and informative as I wait for my LR Y. THANK YOU. I’m hoping for a little humble clarification as I’m a bit confused. I originally placed my order April 8th but didn’t complete my profile until May 14th. I’ve been told from two different SA’s in Bellevue, WA that orders are matched to a VIN based on order date and not my profile completion date and all they see in their system is my April date. I‘m confused what is my actual date because what I read here makes me think profile completion date matters more than order date!

I even found a demo car last week with exact specs as what I wanted and cancelled that order because the SA was saying he’d expect my wait to not be too much longer. I was a little on the fence because demo car actually costed me more because of price increases so not losing any sleep!

Reactions: Greg007
First time poster but I’ve really found this forum helpful and informative as I wait for my LR Y. THANK YOU. I’m hoping for a little humble clarification as I’m a bit confused. I originally placed my order April 8th but didn’t complete my profile until May 14th. I’ve been told from two different SA’s in Bellevue, WA that orders are matched to a VIN based on order date and not my profile completion date and all they see in their system is my April date. I‘m confused what is my actual date because what I read here makes me think profile completion date matters more than order date!

I even found a demo car last week with exact specs as what I wanted and cancelled that order because the SA was saying he’d expect my wait to not be too much longer. I was a little on the fence because demo car actually costed me more because of price increases so not losing any sleep!
Suprised you can get any response from Bellevue at all from my experience with them. I think from what I've seen you probably are seen as april order but were in the queue as of may